Hmmm....Buzz Lightyear....go woke, go broke, groom you lose...when will Disney and Hollywood lear? They just don't care...

Who cares about "Confederate" flag wavers?

Who cares about gays?

Parents don't want to answer questions about 3% of the population's sexual orientation. So, they are not watching Disney's bullshit.

Cry, bitch.
It still made 50 million domestically 😂 It's going to make a ton of money for Disney and your kids will see it eventually or hear about it from kids who have. Your losers fighting a losing battle.

In not gay you moron and I and most Americans don't have a problem with lesbians in Disney movies. Deplorables might stomp their feet but who gives a shit? You know what demographic will never be represented in a Disney movie? Confederate flag wavers. Disney would make a movie with the entire cast is gay before they put one Confederate flag waver in their movies to be anything but a deplorable villain. We won bitches. 😁

Apparently, they do have a problem with grooming children for sex since the movie, on a weekend without competition.....was a flop....a major flop.......

The confederate flag is the democrat party slave owner flag....they shouldn't put that democrat party flag in any of their movies.

Hmmmm....why did "Lightyear," fail, and why won't the left wing analysts admit it?

Before we get to it, allow me to lay out the facts for you…

On Friday, Lightyear was released into something like 4,300 theaters, including premium theaters, like IMAX, that charge premium prices.

Lightyear was released into a movie-going world where we know people are dying to get back to the movies. The massive over-performance of Top Gun: Maverick and the stellar performance of the critically lambasted Jurassic World Dominion prove that.

Lightyear was released into a movie ecosystem with no competition for kiddie dollars.

Lightyear was released into a movie ecosystem where families are coming out for kiddie movies, even Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which opened to $72 million.

Lightyear is part of the most iconic and popular kiddie franchise ever created. Since 1995, four Toy Story movies have been released, and each of them has grossed more than the previous one. That is almost unheard of.

Finally, the oh-so-smart box office analysts were telling us Lightyear would easily open to $70 to $85 million because of course it would—it’s part of the most popular kiddie franchise in history!

But now Lightyear has tanked and has embarrassed everyone, including the child groomers at the Walt Disney CO., who poured $200 million into production costs and another $100 in promotion costs.

Yep, Lightyear made a measly $51 million, which is even less than the first Sonic the Hedgehog (2020), which opened to $58 million.

Everything was laid out on a silver platter for Lightyear, everything was primed, everything was perfect, and then something went horribly, horribly wrong…

Apparently, they do have a problem with grooming children for sex since the movie, on a weekend without competition.....was a flop....a major flop.......

The confederate flag is the democrat party slave owner flag....they shouldn't put that democrat party flag in any of their movies.
Who said it was a flop? Some fucktard Christians? How much money did the Kirk Cameron Left Behind movies make? 😆

Or just maybe it just that the movie is not very good and confusing.

A movie set in the future, about time travel to explain the origin of a toy from the 90s. I saw the trailers, did not interest me.

It still made 50 million domestically 😂 It's going to make a ton of money for Disney

Not quite a 'Pluto Nash' level bomb, but $50 mill on a $200 mill movie isn't good.

I watched, and enjoyed 'Lightyear'. Some of Pixar's best technical work. The renders are spectacular.

Lots of inside jokes and Easter eggs for the nerd crowd.

I don't know if the whole gay couple thing is the reason for failure. It's about 1/10th of 1% of the entire movie and isn't significant to the plot.

I do suspect it will hurt the movie overseas and that is crucial after a domestic failure.

Also, marketing will be lacklustre because of the darker nature of the animation.

Frankly, I don't know what killed 'Lightyear'.

Not quite a 'Pluto Nash' level bomb, but $50 mill on a $200 mill movie isn't good.

I watched, and enjoyed 'Lightyear'. Some of Pixar's best technical work. The renders are spectacular.

Lots of inside jokes and Easter eggs for the nerd crowd.

I don't know if the whole gay couple thing is the reason for failure. It's about 1/10th of 1% of the entire movie and isn't significant to the plot.

I do suspect it will hurt the movie overseas and that is crucial after a domestic failure.

Also, marketing will be lacklustre because of the darker nature of the animation.

Frankly, I don't know what killed 'Lightyear'.
50 mil on the opening weekend...not it's entire run. And that's only domestically.

50 mil on the opening weekend...not it's entire run. And that's only domestically.

"Lightyear" pulled in less on its opening weekend than "Cars 3" a film that by all rights should have gone directly to video.

It's rare for a Pixar movie to not take the top spot on it's opening weekend.

The opening weekend is the best box office any Pixar movie will ever do. The numbers will continue to decline every week the movie is in theaters.

All things considered, this is not a good reception for a Pixar movie.

I wonder what happened?

"Lightyear" pulled in less on its opening weekend than "Cars 3" a film that by all rights should have gone directly to video.

It's rare for a Pixar movie to not take the top spot on it's opening weekend.

The opening weekend is the best box office any Pixar movie will ever do. The numbers will continue to decline every week the movie is in theaters.

All things considered, this is not a good reception for a Pixar movie.

I wonder what happened?
It made less money than expected for a Pixar movie, not movies in general and opening weekend is usually every movies best weekend. Plus this is the first Pixar movie to be released in theaters since the pandemic with the last two going straight to one demand.

Lol!!

Slipped to 5th place.

1. (Tie) “Elvis,” $30.5 million.

1. (Tie) “Top Gun: Maverick,” $30.5 million.

3. “Jurassic World: Dominion,” $26.4 million.

4. “Black Phone,” $23.4 million.

5. “Lightyear,” $17.7 million.

Forum List

Back