Old White Men's Lives Matter

The discrimination old white men have put on others....
Sad but true. USA was extremely Racist within the lifetimes of most people here. USA still has residual Racism.

Prior to 1970s, USA was also somewhat Patriarchal.

Sad but true. USA was extremely Racist within the lifetimes of most people here. USA still has residual Racism.

Prior to 1970s, USA was also somewhat Patriarchal.

Sure, let's all bitch about what happened more than 50 years ago, like that'll make some kind of difference. Let me clue you stupid bastards in on something; bitching about the past is about as non-productive as you can get. IOW, it doesn't fucking matter, and pissing and moaning about the past isn't going to help anybody one GD bit. But go ahead, waste your time if it makes you feel good.

Sure, let's all bitch about what happened more than 50 years ago, like that'll make some kind of difference.
Residual Racism still exists. Multi-generational poverty still exists.

I do not belong to a Racial Minority. I do have a disability which also makes my life in Society difficult. Poor people who have similar disabilities suffer much much more then me.

Last edited:
Residual Racism still exists. Multi-generational poverty still exists.

Yeah? And? Both have existed for uncounted millennia. Better than it used to be though, much better. I wouldn't argue that racism still exists today, but it's hard for the racists to escape the social justice warriors, and many of them pay a price for their actions. IMHO, too many people play the victim card for past injustices from decades ago to someone else instead of looking forward and taking action to better their lives. So what if your parents, grandparents, or great grandparents will the victims of racism, Jim Crow and all that. Get on with your life, and stop looking at past wrongs and using them as an excuse for not being all you can be.

It's hard for me to feel bad about multi-generational poverty. In this country so many have elevated themselves out of poverty, so it's doable but so many don't do it. Is it my fault that they don't? Or the fault of OWMs? How so? Got any evidence of that? I'll be honest, these days I wouldn't believe whatever evidence somebody presented anyway, my level of trust in just about everybody is pretty much shot to hell. So, if you wanna hate on me or one OWMs in general, go right ahead. But I hope you realize that you're wasting your time and energy, cuz I don't give a shit how you feel about me or OWMs.

So what if your parents, grandparents, or great grandparents will the victims of racism, Jim Crow and all that. Get on with your life, and stop looking at past wrongs and using them as an excuse for not being all you can be.
My parents (alive and well) and Grandparents (RIP) were victims of a mild version of these laws -- as Jews in USSR.

Since most 50 year olds can qualify for senior discounts…society considers them “ seniors”.

I am 58 and have never once been to a place that gave senior discounts to anyone under 60.

Example….Denny’s senior menu is for 55 +

Denny’s does not offer a company-wide senior discount, nor does it offer a special discount to AARP members. That said, the company’s 55+ menu is available at most locations, and this menu features smaller portions of popular items at lower prices.

Denny’s does not offer a company-wide senior discount, nor does it offer a special discount to AARP members. That said, the company’s 55+ menu is available at most locations, and this menu features smaller portions of popular items at lower prices.
More examples…Burger King,Long John Silvers,Dunkin’ Donuts,KFC, Chic Fil A etc…

Point is restaurants offer senior discounts to people 50 to 55 +

More examples…Burger King,Long John Silvers,Dunkin’ Donuts,KFC, Chic Fil A etc…

Point is restaurants offer senior discounts to people 50 to 55 +

• As of 2023, Burger King does not offer a company-wide senior discount.
  • In our nationwide survey, we found some locations that did offer a 10% discount to people ages 55, and up.

Long John Silver’s Senior Discount​

Age Requirement: 55 years old
While Dunkin’ does not offer a company-wide senior discount, in our nationwide survey, we found that a number of Dunkin’ locations did offer a 10% discount to those aged 55 and older.

• As of 2023, Burger King does not offer a company-wide senior discount.
  • In our nationwide survey, we found some locations that did offer a 10% discount to people ages 55, and up.

Long John Silver’s Senior Discount​

Age Requirement: 55 years old
While Dunkin’ does not offer a company-wide senior discount, in our nationwide survey, we found that a number of Dunkin’ locations did offer a 10% discount to those aged 55 and older.

And?

You still saying restaurants and stores don’t consider people 50 + seniors?

Clearly they do.

Courtesy of Care.com

Apparel, retail and thrift stores​

Before you head out with friends or family for some retail therapy, do a little leg work ahead of time to locate the stores offering senior citizen discounts.

1. Kohl’s: 15% off discount every Wednesday (60+).

2. Ross Stores: 10% off on Tuesdays (55+).

3. JOANN Fabric & Craft: 20% off on Senior Discount Days (day varies by location) (55+ or 60+, depending on location).

4. Amazon Prime: $8 off per month for Prime membership ($6.99/month vs. $14.99/month) if you have a valid EBT or Medicaid card.

5. UPS Store: Up to 15% off with AARP membership (50+).

6. Goodwill: 10-25% off one day a week (discount and day varies by location) (55+ or 60+, depending on location).

7. Verizon: $60 for one phone line per month; $80 for two (55+)

Grocery, food and pharmacy​

Every little bit helps, especially when purchasing daily necessities. With a pre-shopping plan, seniors can save on things like paper towels, bread and prescriptions at a variety of their favorite stores.

8. Fred Meyer: 10% off select items (55+) on first Tuesday of every month.

9. Harris Teeter: 5% off on Thursdays (60+).

10. Hy-Vee: 5% discount on Thursdays (55+).

11. Rite Aid: 20% off the first Wednesdays, plus a free pharmacist consultation (65+).

12. Walgreens: Up to 30% off on select Seniors Day (dates vary by location) (55+).

13. WW (formerly Weight Watchers): Up to $120 off a six-month membership with AARP membership (50+).

14. LensCrafters: Discounts on lenses, frames,

And?

You still saying restaurants and stores don’t consider people 50 + seniors?

Clearly they do.

Not a one you listed started at 50, some at 55.

Most do not consider 50 year olds to be seniors. A few restaurants trying to get a extra business does not really change that

Not a one you listed started at 50, some at 55.

Most do not consider 50 year olds to be seniors. A few restaurants trying to get a extra business does not really change that
Sure they do. See UPS store,Weight Watchers ,Krispy Kreme,Papa John’s,Hardee’s and others.

We don’t know the full story. They might just be old whiny assholes that no one wants to be around.

Both of those are AARP discounts, not senior discounts.

You keep refuting your own claims
Per caring senior services:

“Go out to eat, see movies, visit museums and take that trip you’ve dreamed about. Fortunately, hitting a certain age – even as young as 50 – also means you qualify for additional senior discounts to do those things for less money. Never hesitate to ask if a business provides senior discounts!”

More Ex:
Banana republic
Bealls
Kmart
CJ Banks
American discount stores
The Plant Shed
Trailways
Dollar rent a car
Mainstay suites
Busch Gardens
Sea world