Old age scares me to death

I don’t know any Russian stuff
They have many different moves
We don’t do any judo ..also
We do trips but no throws

Our Take downs we never go on our knees .
Say what now?
My favorite and most used takedown is quickly dropping to one knee, placing hands behind opponents' heels, and pushing with shoulder just below his knees. Many options after that if you can be fast.
If you're just dropping to a knee instead of penetrating your opponent's stance and driving through, you may well end up on your back in a poor position in short order.
You are penetrating his stance. When you drop to one knee you are less than one foot from your opponent's legs and specifically his knees with your shoulders. Once one of your shoulders is pressed against his shins just below his knees and your hands behind his heels he has no defense and will fall straight back. It never failed for me.
You're setting yourself up to get pancaked into next week. No one ever taught you a proper penetration step?

Say what now?
My favorite and most used takedown is quickly dropping to one knee, placing hands behind opponents' heels, and pushing with shoulder just below his knees. Many options after that if you can be fast.
If you're just dropping to a knee instead of penetrating your opponent's stance and driving through, you may well end up on your back in a poor position in short order.
You are penetrating his stance. When you drop to one knee you are less than one foot from your opponent's legs and specifically his knees with your shoulders. Once one of your shoulders is pressed against his shins just below his knees and your hands behind his heels he has no defense and will fall straight back. It never failed for me.
Don’t you press shoulder into inside knee ??
To collapse knee
No, and this is a little known takedown maneuver. You press, with force, into the shins. A good grasp of the heals is necessary or your opponent can move his feet. The maneuver only works if done fast and fluidly. When your knees touch ground your hands should be grasping the heels and shoulders moving forward.

Say what now?
Don’t you press shoulder into inside knee ??
To collapse knee
No, and this is a little known takedown maneuver. You press, with force, into the shins. A good grasp of the heals is necessary or your opponent can move his feet. The maneuver only works if done fast and fluidly. When your knees touch ground your hands should be grasping the heels and shoulders moving forward.
A low double (done right) is not "little known." A low John Smith single is a much better option.

I am 45 but look 35
I feel 50 !

Many men in their 50s are still very strong athletic

Death no longer scares me .

What does ? Being physically weak and helpless!!
I often am alone and I don’t carry any weapons .
I do train in mma classes but only at a foundational level and have done other stuff
The fact I cannot defend myself really has terrified me (that 60 is not far off !!)

As a kid I was Big and felt safe until I got in some fights and realized I can’t do anything.
Oddly not until 10 yrs ago did I train in Many arts at a basic level and I feel safe alone

I am just not a gun guy !
I just know 60 is very close
Its just a mid life crisis. Buy a correvette, band some young chicks and quit worrying. If you use manners . Watch the news lessno one wants to beat your old ass up. Watch the news less all that fear mongering is fucking you up. Why is every one walking afraid these days? Do some confidence building excersizes like taking long hikes in very hot weather or going ice fishing in record cold. Life aint over ! Go out and chalenge your self, you will come out the other side stronger in tnhe head.

A low double (done right) is not "little known." A low John Smith single is a much better option.

Are you an ex-Judo guy ?

we finally went live and I got killed by the HS wrestlers ( 2 in class ), but did ok against my fellow newbies
It’s so so so physically exhausting and fast pace that the time I did my defense I was too late lol

Are you an ex-Judo guy ?

we finally went live and I got killed by the HS wrestlers ( 2 in class ), but did ok against my fellow newbies
It’s so so so physically exhausting and fast pace that the time I did my defense I was too late lol
I've only done a little judo now and then. Good throws, fun, a great workout, but missing a piece. I recall one judo nidan who was really pissed off when we sparred at a nihon kempo club in Toyohashi and he didn't fare very well. He had been running through everyone else in the club and didn't take it well when he hit his limit (not necessarily judo's limit, but his limit).

I've only done a little judo now and then. Good throws, fun, a great workout, but missing a piece. I recall one judo nidan who was really pissed off when we sparred at a nihon kempo club in Toyohashi and he didn't fare very well. He had been running through everyone else in the club and didn't take it well when he hit his limit (not necessarily judo's limit, but his limit).
You’re Japanese ?? I thought you were a black belt as Judo is so popular there

Are you an ex-Judo guy ?

That’s one reason why you gotta train live as much as you can. Experience develops timing.

Use a cane whether you need one ot not. Learn cane fighting. Carry an assortment of ordinary items you can use for self defense weapons. Communist democrat housepets like Burn Loot Murder are normally cowards and only strike from behind or someone unaware of the attack. Being prepared is just a chance.

I am 45 but look 35
I feel 50 !

Many men in their 50s are still very strong athletic

Death no longer scares me .

What does ? Being physically weak and helpless!!
I often am alone and I don’t carry any weapons .
I do train in mma classes but only at a foundational level and have done other stuff
The fact I cannot defend myself really has terrified me (that 60 is not far off !!)

As a kid I was Big and felt safe until I got in some fights and realized I can’t do anything.
Oddly not until 10 yrs ago did I train in Many arts at a basic level and I feel safe alone

I am just not a gun guy !
I just know 60 is very close

45 is not close to 60. Your reaction is not normal. Taking some care of yourself, might be a good start. Making sure you live in a safe neighborhood could help.

Use a cane whether you need one ot not. Learn cane fighting. Carry an assortment of ordinary items you can use for self defense weapons. Communist democrat housepets like Burn Loot Murder are normally cowards and only strike from behind or someone unaware of the attack. Being prepared is just a chance.
I was taking my nightly walk some months ago and of course I had my walking staff with me (big ol one, that looks sorta like Gandalfs, lol)...and I hear a cough behind me. When I turned, a lady was standing not far behind me jogging in place and not moving forward. When I turned and smiled at her, she said "I didn't want to come up behind you unannounced. You have a very big stick". I replied that I knew how to use it too, besides walking. ;)

I LOVE that commercial! Its sad though. The guy that played the therapist died not long ago (R. Lee Ermey). He also was the sarge in Full Metal Jacket.

It was nice that the skills he developed as a drill instructor, he found another place to use. Hilariously so.

Forum List

Back