Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I am 45 but look 35
I feel 50 !

Many men in their 50s are still very strong athletic

Death no longer scares me .

What does ? Being physically weak and helpless!!
I often am alone and I don’t carry any weapons .
I do train in mma classes but only at a foundational level and have done other stuff
The fact I cannot defend myself really has terrified me (that 60 is not far off !!)

As a kid I was Big and felt safe until I got in some fights and realized I can’t do anything.
Oddly not until 10 yrs ago did I train in Many arts at a basic level and I feel safe alone

I am just not a gun guy !
I just know 60 is very close

As a side note
I usually avoid bad people and places and I have walked away

I am 45 but look 35
I feel 50 !

I do train in mma classes but only at a foundational level and have done other stuff
The fact I cannot defend myself really has terrified me (that 60 is not far off !!)

As a kid I was Big and felt safe until I got in some fights and realized I can’t do anything.
Oddly not until 10 yrs ago did I train in Many arts at a basic level and I feel safe alone

Can you go to the store and not keel over while walking through the parking lot? You should get priority and a personal parking spot at WalMart. If not any of the previous someone might take you out without a gun. Better get one quick.

Getting in fist fights when you're over 20 is just stupid and ridiculous. Resisting muggers and the like is an entirely different story. Learn some Sambo, a form of dirty fighting and aikiddo martial art taught by the Russian armed forces, and also the use of other hand weapons, but also firearms; the latter are pretty easy and cheap, actually, if you stay away from the ridiculous crap touted by morons with hardware fetishes. You're not going to be storming fortresses in Pakistan any time soon, so focus on defense, not offense. If you're over 60 then you are a primary target for feral Democrat's BLM predators

Getting in fist fights when you're over 20 is just stupid and ridiculous. Resisting muggers and the like is an entirely different story. Learn some Sambo, a form of dirty fighting and aikiddo martial art taught by the Russian armed forces, and also the use of other hand weapons, but also firearms; the latter are pretty easy and cheap, actually, if you stay away from the ridiculous crap touted by morons with hardware fetishes. You're not going to be storming fortresses in Pakistan any time soon, so focus on defense, not offense. If you're over 60 then you are a primary target for feral Democrat's BLM predators
I am taking about the thugs of Society!!
Of course I don’t look for fights !
I have done Krav Maga , Muay Thai and I am learning wrestling and submissions
Wrestling a 20 yr old is near impossible ..after 5 min I have zero left

The only way to overcome a stronger , faster and younger attacker : knife hand or forearm to trachea , shin kick or hand slap to groin etc

1594882195659.png

What ridgerunner said. I'm going to be 68 in October. I could die tonight and not give one fuck. Had a pretty interesting life, and don't want to go past caring for myself with somebody I don't know having to wipe my ass for me and flip me over to avoid bed sores.
Not afraid of dying and not afraid to defend myself.
So I lovingly tell you to buckle up butter cup. It will get worse when you hit 60, lol.

What ridgerunner said. I'm going to be 68 in October. I could die tonight and not give one fuck. Had a pretty interesting life, and don't want to go past caring for myself with somebody I don't know having to wipe my ass for me and flip me over to avoid bed sores.
Not afraid of dying and not afraid to defend myself.
So I lovingly tell you to buckle up butter cup. It will get worse when you hit 60, lol.

I have lost some speed and power but I feel I would give almost any 20 year old a “ tough time “
But
My “ candle will dim and burn out. “

I am 45 but look 35
I feel 50 !

The enemy you fear is between your own ears. Seek him there and overcome him (or better yet, befriend him).

Wrestling is something to start at an early age if you're going to get really good at it.
I was a champion wrestler in middle and high school. Saved me many times over the decades. Enables you to end a fight quickly by submission of your opponent without causing injury.

Wrestling is something to start at an early age if you're going to get really good at it.

I know
I only do it to learn basics
I physically will never be good
We do it by setting up punches and non stop drills but no actual combat
It is a beg class
Last month we did grappling off the wall against a steel cage .vert different

I know
I only do it to learn basics
I physically will never be good
We do it by setting up punches and non stop drills but no actual combat
It is a beg class
Last month we did grappling off the wall against a steel cage .vert different
Does your MMA club have a dedicated space?

I was a champion wrestler in middle and high school. Saved me many times over the decades. Enables you to end a fight quickly by submission of your opponent without causing injury.
I am never going to be your level
I just want to be decent !!
Our Take downs we never go on our knees .
It’s 4 areas only :
Double leg , single , side body locks and rear body locks

Forum List

Back