Oklahoma/Utah 10th Circuit May Lean To State Choice On Gay Marriage

Logically, which way shoudl the US Supreme Court Decide?

• States get to choose via consensus, except California

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • All states get to choose via consensus but starting now

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • All states get to choose via consensus but retroactive to nation's founding

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Only federal courts can decide if gay marrriage is legal.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Only legislatures can decide if gay marriage is legal

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
True Joe, but I would be perfectly okay if Same Sex marriage were treated like legal 1st cousin or underage marriages. Let the states that allow them perform them, but they have to be legal in all 50, just like those underage 1st cousin marriages they perform in Alabama.

I'll buy that, just as soon as my concealed carry license is good in all states and territories. If states can ignore one license they can ignore any they chose.

You're arguing for reciprocity where there is none already. There IS reciprocity with a marriage license is there not? If you marry your underage 1st cousin in Alabama, you're married in California. However, my legal marriage license from California is "good" in fewer than half the states, yours all 50. See where there is not being treated equally under the law?

So when Utah is forced to recognize polygamy [just another deviant sexual arrangement that wants to marry], then all 50 states have to recognize it?

I'll buy that, just as soon as my concealed carry license is good in all states and territories. If states can ignore one license they can ignore any they chose.

You're arguing for reciprocity where there is none already. There IS reciprocity with a marriage license is there not? If you marry your underage 1st cousin in Alabama, you're married in California. However, my legal marriage license from California is "good" in fewer than half the states, yours all 50. See where there is not being treated equally under the law?

So when Utah is forced to recognize polygamy [just another deviant sexual arrangement that wants to marry], then all 50 states have to recognize it?
Deviant? It's Biblical there little one. It's also Traditional. Now you wouldn't want to go against Tradition now would you?

Deviant? It's Biblical there little one. It's also Traditional. Now you wouldn't want to go against Tradition now would you?

Tradition is one thing. Mandates are another. Are you talking about the difference between men taking more than one wife or how Sodom was destroyed and all its inhabitants straight and gay were sent to the pit of fire forever for enabling homosexual culture to usurp it? You understand the difference between venial and mortal sin, right "little one"?

The citizens of the US who govern themselves [you may have heard of democracy?] have decided that polygamists marriage is an aberration to this culture. There is nowhere in the Bible that says "if you enable or don't enable polygamy, you will burn in hell forever". There is however a great and famous story of an entire city wiped off the map along with all its inhabitants for enabling homosexuality or a homosexual culture. And that story comes with warnings for the future if the same happens again.

Last edited:
States don't have a right to discriminate against anyone based on sexual lifestyle unless there is a crime being involved. Being gay isn't a crime and gay marriage is not illegal, so gay marriage is allowed and no state can adopt a law banning it based on religion. Since there is no scientific justification for outlawing gay marriage, the only laws banning gay marriage have to be based on religious dogma.

States cannot adopt legislation that discriminates against citizens based on what is not a crime. The religious Republican right might not like that, but no one gives a shit what right-wing Republicans like because you're a bunch of god-damned traitors who drew guns against your country to defend a racist criminal.

Youre completely incorrect in your thinking. No one is being discriminated against.

lol....yeah who gives a shit. your opinion is irrelevant

Tradition is one thing. Mandates are another. Are you talking about the difference between men taking more than one wife or how Sodom was destroyed and all its inhabitants straight and gay were sent to the pit of fire forever for enabling homosexual culture to usurp it? You understand the difference between venial and mortal sin, right "little one"?

The citizens of the US who govern themselves [you may have heard of democracy?] have decided that polygamists marriage is an aberration to this culture. There is nowhere in the Bible that says "if you enable or don't enable polygamy, you will burn in hell forever". There is however a great and famous story of an entire city wiped off the map along with all its inhabitants for enabling homosexuality or a homosexual culture. And that story comes with warnings for the future if the same happens again.
The same story says don't look back but it's okay to get your father drunk, twice, and fuck his brains out, twice. I wouldn't go there if I were you.

True Joe, but I would be perfectly okay if Same Sex marriage were treated like legal 1st cousin or underage marriages. Let the states that allow them perform them, but they have to be legal in all 50, just like those underage 1st cousin marriages they perform in Alabama.

Actually there are only 18 states and territories that do not recognize my CHL, so you want to try that again? As for being treated equally, you are, you can marry any man you want in any state, just like every other woman.

Last edited:
Oklahoma/Utah 10th Circuit May Lean To State Choice On Gay Marriage
And should the 10th err in this regard, it will compel the Supreme Court to hear the case by the October 2015 term, where the High Court will reverse the 10th Circuit, thus invalidating state laws denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

The decision will be 5-4 with Justice Kennedy writing for the majority, citing Romer and Lawrence as the guiding precedent.

Logically, which way should the US Supreme Court Decide?
Logically and in accordance with 14th Amendment jurisprudence, the Supreme Court will rule that the states lack the authority to deny a class of persons their civil liberties, including the right to equal protection of the law:

We must conclude that Amendment 2 classifies homosexuals not to further a proper legislative end but to make them unequal to everyone else. This Colorado cannot do. A State cannot so deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws. Amendment 2 violates the Equal Protection Clause, and the judgment of the Supreme Court of Colorado is affirmed.

Romer, Governor of Colorado, et al. v. Evans et al., 517 U.S. 620 (1996).

Just as Colorado’s Amendment 2 violated the Equal Protection Clause, so too does Utah’s Amendment 3 violate the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and it will be likewise invalidated.

The same story says don't look back but it's okay to get your father drunk, twice, and fuck his brains out, twice. I wouldn't go there if I were you.

Did it say that if they did or didn't they would go to burn in the pit of fire forever? Remember, you need to brush up on venial and mortal sins. I think the story discussed also how there were no other men in the area and in order to carry on the line God asked the girls to do this and their father was furious with them when he sobered up the next day. That's hardly a stamp of approval on all fronts.

The story is filled with complex oddities and weird situations with weird remedies. Some of them venial, some cardinal, some mortal. The story of Sodom is one of the gravest of mortal sins. Not an individual sin of an individual person or two girls but of an entire culture overtaken by and assiting enabling a homosexual cult. This was the story of Sodom. The story of a complete breakdown in the matrix within which even aspiring christians had no chance at all; except Lot apparently.

The matrix and its destruction by homosexual values is the key question. Not an individual sin here or there.

Marriage equality is rooted in the 14th Amendment; no state can prevent same-sex marriage.

The 10th may well in favor of the states, 2-1. If so, then it will go to SCOTUS where it looks like Sotomayor has at least a 6 to 3 vote for marriage equality.

If the 10th rules against states denying same sex marriage, the states will appeal to SCOTUS, and SCOTUS will not hear it.

States don't have a right to discriminate against anyone based on sexual lifestyle unless there is a crime being involved. Being gay isn't a crime and gay marriage is not illegal, so gay marriage is allowed and no state can adopt a law banning it based on religion. Since there is no scientific justification for outlawing gay marriage, the only laws banning gay marriage have to be based on religious dogma.

States cannot adopt legislation that discriminates against citizens based on what is not a crime. The religious Republican right might not like that, but no one gives a shit what right-wing Republicans like because you're a bunch of god-damned traitors who drew guns against your country to defend a racist criminal.

Youre completely incorrect in your thinking. No one is being discriminated against.

Incorrect.

As the Supreme Court determined in Romer, laws that deny a class of persons access to state laws, such as marriage law, do not “further a proper legislative end [and seek] to make [homosexuals] unequal to everyone else.” Laws designed only to make a class of persons unequal to everyone else are in fact discriminatory, where gay Americans are indeed being discriminated against.

Sil, did you not say some time past you are not particularly religious?

Using scripture, which is not a basis for constitutional law, so hypocritical if you did say that, and fallacious in itself if you did not say it.

Last edited:
"Youre completely incorrect in your thinking. No one is being discriminated against" is the false statement of the day.

Marriage equality is rooted in the 14th Amendment; no state can prevent same-sex marriage.

The 10th may well in favor of the states, 2-1. If so, then it will go to SCOTUS where it looks like Sotomayor has at least a 6 to 3 vote for marriage equality.

If the 10th rules against states denying same sex marriage, the states will appeal to SCOTUS, and SCOTUS will not hear it.

Yet the supremes didn't strike the portion that allowed the states to decide in DOMA, did they?

Did it say that if they did or didn't they would go to burn in the pit of fire forever? Remember, you need to brush up on venial and mortal sins. I think the story discussed also how there were no other men in the area and in order to carry on the line God asked the girls to do this and their father was furious with them when he sobered up the next day. That's hardly a stamp of approval on all fronts.

The story is filled with complex oddities and weird situations with weird remedies. Some of them venial, some cardinal, some mortal. The story of Sodom is one of the gravest of mortal sins. Not an individual sin of an individual person or two girls but of an entire culture overtaken by and assiting enabling a homosexual cult. This was the story of Sodom. The story of a complete breakdown in the matrix within which even aspiring christians had no chance at all; except Lot apparently.

The matrix and its destruction by homosexual values is the key question. Not an individual sin here or there.
When will you face up to the fact that your dogma won't hunt?

I was going to ask you the same thing Harvey Milk worshipper... That dogma is going to come up lame really soon.

I was going to ask you the same thing Harvey Milk worshipper... That dogma is going to come up lame really soon.
Little friend, I am on the side that is winning, the side of reason over irrational fear, the side, literally, of God. You are welcome to go down with the ship but that is what you are doing. Your dogma crashed against the rock of reason, and down it went. Even if you are right, and you aren't, it doesn't matter a damn since to most, you're a nutter, just like those who came before you and lost just as big...

Sil is like those that opposed abolition, the child work laws, women's rights, civil rights, and so forth, in that Sil does not understand the Constitution.

Little friend, I am on the side that is winning, the side of reason over irrational fear, the side, literally, of God. You are welcome to go down with the ship but that is what you are doing. Your dogma crashed against the rock of reason, and down it went. Even if you are right, and you aren't, it doesn't matter a damn since to most, you're a nutter, just like those who came before you and lost just as big...
In Junior high when a team knew it was losing it would engage as you are doing now. We called it "psyching out the opponent". People resort to it when they know they have a handicap. Yours is called "Harvey Milk's sex life"..

Forum List

Back