Covid vaccine mandate violated US Constitution

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
Good. This should have happened three years ago.

"A Colorado university’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate violates the U.S. Constitution, a federal court has ruled.

The Sept. 1, 2021, mandate “clearly violates the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause as interpreted by our precedents,” a majority of a U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit said in the May 7 decision.
While the mandate was later updated, the newer version also violates the Constitution, the judges said."

I never supported the mandates but...................

Administrators rejected one application because officials claimed that it was “morally acceptable” for Catholics to receive COVID-19 vaccines, judging any position otherwise as personal objections as opposed to religious ones.

The policy was “explicitly non-neutral” since, according to a ruling in a separate case, the First Amendment does not allow governments to “discriminate in favor of some religions and against others,” the majority said.

There was no discrimination there as far as I can see as far as this goes. The Catholic Church isn't anti-vaccine so claiming it violated your beliefs as a Catholic would not be a valid argument.

Administrators rejected one application because officials claimed that it was “morally acceptable” for Catholics to receive COVID-19 vaccines, judging any position otherwise as personal objections as opposed to religious ones.

The policy was “explicitly non-neutral” since, according to a ruling in a separate case, the First Amendment does not allow governments to “discriminate in favor of some religions and against others,” the majority said.

There was no discrimination there as far as I can see as far as this goes. The Catholic Church isn't anti-vaccine so claiming it violated your beliefs as a Catholic would not be a valid argument.

You can claim religious exemption. The university doesn't need to know anything else. Yeah, doesn't look like they were discriminated against as a religious denomination as a whole.

FWIW, all vaccine mandates came from the States or private institutions, excepting of course the armed forces, and some employees of the Federal government.

The interesting question is, if the Federal government promulgates information that seems to dictate a certain course of action (i.e., if you don't do this, you will die), and it later comes to light that the underlying data was false or falsified, where does that put you? Were the mandates essentially flowing from Fauci's false information?

Good. This should have happened three years ago.

"A Colorado university’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate violates the U.S. Constitution, a federal court has ruled.

The Sept. 1, 2021, mandate “clearly violates the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause as interpreted by our precedents,” a majority of a U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit said in the May 7 decision.
While the mandate was later updated, the newer version also violates the Constitution, the judges said."

Many if not a majority of Democrats denounce America's Constitution as an archaic and foolish document. They lean toward Marxism.

yeah but the COVID vaccine was still voluntary
The mandate was on the table but anyone could have said NO!

In America people don't say "NO" they go along to get along.

I never thought that any where close to a million people would get that rushed vaccine - but I was clearly wrong. I overestimated people's I.Q as 270 million Americans got that deadly covid vaccine.

If they are mandated, they are enforceable, and you ignore that fact at your own peril.

You do not dictate what is legal and not legal.

No, they are not enforceable. Mandates are tied to a higher govt ruling over a lesser govt. This is generally tied to funding if the other stays in compliance to a mandate.

Last edited:

The shot in question is not/was not a vaccine.

The US Constitution makes it clear that the federal government has no authority whatsoever to demand a citizen take any particular substance into his body. Neither does it have any authority to demand that a citizen NOT take a particular substance into his body, an example being pot or cocaine or any of the other "illegal" drugs.

The shot in question is not/was not a vaccine.

That's been discussed endlessly and not really the topic.

The US Constitution makes it clear that the federal government has no authority whatsoever to demand a citizen take any particular substance into his body. Neither does it have any authority to demand that a citizen NOT take a particular substance into his body, an example being pot or cocaine or any of the other "illegal" drugs.

Someone needs to represent our military in a lawsuit.

That's been discussed endlessly and not really the topic.

Someone needs to represent our military in a lawsuit.
You're right. Todd Callender does some, and I think Leigh Dundas too.

LTC Teresa Long was right from the start. She was given a desk job, typical punishment for speaking truth to power.

So, I guess every state should get rid of every vaccine mandate to enroll at public schools since they all have them.

Forum List

Back