ok is trying to alienate teachers?

Then you should fucking move! I am smart enough not to live in a blue state. My state could hardly be any redder so that is why the problems you bitch about do not exist here.
I have family all over the US and it’s pretty much the same all over.
My family is brutally honest.

I have family all over the US and it’s pretty much the same all over.
My family is brutally honest.

You are not. I have lived all over the east coast and south. My kids started school in 1989 and finished in 2012. I started teaching in 1996 and retired in 2018. I have 4 grandkids in 4 different schools in two stated. I think I have a better feel for it than you.

You are not. I have lived all over the Us

You are not. I have lived all over the east coast and south. My kids started school in 1989 and finished in 2012. I started teaching in 1996 and retired in 2018. I have 4 grandkids in 4 different schools in two stated. I think I have a better feel for it than you.
I've been to school meetings and have seen their budgets.
Any school district that is autonomous can do whatever they want to do.
By the way, there are plenty of Conservatives that live in Blue states.

Actually, this year almost no one voted because we knew we were screwed anyway.
We defeated Budget 1 and they enacted Budget 2, which is higher.
Yep…that’s autonomy.
If you don’t vote you can’t bitch.

Have you ever run for anything?
You should see what they do to you in a Blue State when you run for anything.
If you have ideas and positions that the voting public agrees with, they vote for you. Yes, even in blue states.

Whether anybody votes or not, the budget goes up...every year even though we have lost 1/2 the student body.
And you just lie on your back with your feet in the air crying about it and doing nothing? Sounds like you are part of the problem.

The proposed act, named the “Students’ Religious Belief Protection Act” mean parents can demand the removal of any book with perceived anti-religious content from school. Subjects like LGBTQ issues, evolution, the big bang theory and even birth control could be off the table.

Teachers could be sued a minimum of $10,000 “per incident, per individual” and the fines would be paid “from personal resources” not from school funds or from individuals or groups. If the teacher is unable to pay, they will be fired, under the legislation.

i simply cannot believe the absolute stupidity of trying to fine teachers...in the age of everyone is offended by something
No wonder we are facing a crisis of teachers the leaving the profession :(

As it is we have a blistering teacher shortage that is only getting worse. It was bad before the pandemic. Now it's just something like I never imagined.

I work in a good district. Say, long about 15 years ago, we had hundreds--no exaggeration--of applications for a single elementary grade level teaching position. It was ridiculous. Now, it's a bidding war. Even before the pandemic, young people were not going into it. Now? Tumbleweeds everywhere.

My fellow conservatives who bash ALL teachers have no idea what they're bringing on. Yes, some of it is deserved. But in 10 years when the teachers we do have are even worse, because they basically must hire high school drop outs to do it, don't say we didn't warn you.

And don't even get me started on Special Ed. Just....don't.
Totally agree. These days when teachers are so demonized, so disrespected,who would want to be one?

You got that right. Jones is a slogan spouter, an empty suit, a pseudo-intellectual, full of high sentence but a bit obtuse, but mostly he's a two-bit-punk statist bootlick sans a lick of empathy.

Lefty regards the public education system as his domain by divine right. He opposes the educational liberty of school choice, incessantly imposes the vile, oppressive degeneracy of cultural Marxism, and cynically characterizes resistence as censorship.

Fine.

I say burn it all down.
Actually no. We just oppose the educational liberty” of forcing us pay for it.

Things go south people are quick to point out teachers. Societies ills all fall on them. Meanwhile, the kids have zero responsibility. Same for parents. It's all on the schools.
8C686F51-B2D0-4DB5-8FDB-5AD5A94BA7DB.jpeg

In the same vein as this thread maybe cameras in the classrooms that can be accessed by administrators and the parents of children in the school might be a good idea

I disagree. Parents are welcome to come in and observe a class however.

Forum List

Back