OK Death Penalty Opponents - Now What ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Now that 2 convicted murderers have escaped from a maximum security prison, which hasn't had a prison break in all of its 150 year history, let's hear from the death penalty opponents, for what they might now do to protect all the people who are now threatened by these 2 escaped killers.

Had these two low-life killers been executed years ago, as they should have, and as other murderers have been executed in Florida and Texas, and other states which have the death penalty, this danger would not now exist. So since the opponents of the death penalty have stopped it from happening to these 2 killers (David Sweat & Richard Matt), they now partially bear the responsibility for what happens while these 2 are out running around, on the loose.

How many people will now lose their lives because all these do-gooders thought these 2 dirtbags had to be spared ? That's another question for the Death Penalty Opponents to answer.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/07/us/new...ty%20Opponents

By your logic, every criminal should be auto-executed, lest they harm someone later.

Decent people reject that ogic.
That's not my logic. My logic is that every CONVICTED KILLER (especially vicious ones like these guys) should be executed. Of course, they should, And anyone with an ounce of decency would not put innocent people AT RISK, by not doing that.

Now that 2 convicted murderers have escaped from a maximum security prison, which hasn't had a prison break in all of its 150 year history, let's hear from the death penalty opponents, for what they might now do to protect all the people who are now threatened by these 2 escaped killers.

Had these two low-life killers been executed years ago, as they should have, and as other murderers have been executed in Florida and Texas, and other states which have the death penalty, this danger would not now exist. So since the opponents of the death penalty have stopped it from happening to these 2 killers (David Sweat & Richard Matt), they now partially bear the responsibility for what happens while these 2 are out running around, on the loose.

How many people will now lose their lives because all these do-gooders thought these 2 dirtbags had to be spared ? That's another question for the Death Penalty Opponents to answer.

But we still have innocent citizens convicted by circumstantial cases. And, we still have some innocent citizens being released all the time due to the discovery of their innocence by "The Innocence Project" and other groups. In addition, it has been reported lately that thousands of cases are now under review due to faulty lab work that resulted in convictions. So, to we execute everyone sentenced to death without first determining their guilt or innocence? Do we chance executing innocent citizens just because a couple of bad guys escaped? And, who's fault is it that they escaped? Could the state be at fault for allowing them to escape?

There are just too many variables at present to say that "all" sentenced to death should be executed without first determining whether or not they're actually guilty of a crime.

That's not my logic. My logic is that every CONVICTED KILLER (especially vicious ones like these guys) should be executed. Of course, they should, And anyone with an ounce of decency would not put innocent people AT RISK, by not doing that.

What if they didn't actually do what they were convicted of? The problem there is you can't take "backsies" after you've executed them. We've had 154 inmates from Death Row exonerated because they didn't commit the crimes they were convicted of.

As others have shown, our justice system is seriously broken, so the only sane thing to do is to place a moratorium on the death penalty until it is fixed and we stop sending innocent people to Death Row.

But we still have innocent citizens convicted by circumstantial cases. And, we still have some innocent citizens being released all the time due to the discovery of their innocence by "The Innocence Project" and other groups. In addition, it has been reported lately that thousands of cases are now under review due to faulty lab work that resulted in convictions. So, to we execute everyone sentenced to death without first determining their guilt or innocence? Do we chance executing innocent citizens just because a couple of bad guys escaped? And, who's fault is it that they escaped? Could the state be at fault for allowing them to escape?

There are just too many variables at present to say that "all" sentenced to death should be executed without first determining whether or not they're actually guilty of a crime.
By "every convicted killer" as I stated in Post # 3, I was referring to every one of them whose guilt is positively determined (ex. crime committed on live TV, video recorded , etc).

As for your question marks, mine, in the OP, came first . I'll take answers before I'll start giving them.

Protectionist, until we get it right on actually executing folks that are guilty 100% of the time, the slowdown will continue. Rightly so.

What if they didn't actually do what they were convicted of? The problem there is you can't take "backsies" after you've executed them. We've had 154 inmates from Death Row exonerated because they didn't commit the crimes they were convicted of.
Already answered in the previous post (# 10)

By "every convicted killer" as I stated in Post # 3, I was referring to every one of them whose guilt is positively determined (ex. crime committed on live TV, video recorded , etc).

As for your question marks, mine, in the OP, came first . I'll take answers before I'll start giving them.
Those are only assertions, son. You get to answer as well as ask. We won't allow your fallacies, hmm? It's your OP, but you are not the ring master, only the bear in the ring.

As others have shown, our justice system is seriously broken, so the only sane thing to do is to place a moratorium on the death penalty until it is fixed and we stop sending innocent people to Death Row.
Then you're RISKING the lives of all the innocent people that the non-executed killers may go about killing. Like David Sweat & Richard Matt, right now. And what if it was YOUR HOUSE they arrive at tonight ?

Protectionist, until we get it right on actually executing folks that are guilty 100% of the time, the slowdown will continue. Rightly so.
So you are nothing less than a murderer yourself, of all the at risk people who will die as a result of these killers not being executed,. Blood on YOUR hands.

Those are only assertions, son. You get to answer as well as ask. We won't allow your fallacies, hmm? It's your OP, but you are not the ring master, only the bear in the ring.
1. When my questions came first, they should be answered first.

2. What "assertions" ?

Then you're RISKING the lives of all the innocent people that the non-executed killers may go about killing. Like David Sweat & Richard Matt, right now. And what if it was YOUR HOUSE they arrive at tonight ?

You are using the threat of escaped convicts to pursue your bloodthirsty agenda for vengence.

That is emotional blackmail.

Reason and logic under the rule of law do not allow your emoting to dictate how justice must be carried out.

One could just as easily say UNTIL all convicted killers can be safely known to not ever kill again, the executions will continue, Rightly so.

Fact is though, we can NEVER be assured they won't kill again.

The death penalty is barbaric for a civilized society

The U.S. is joined by great examples of moral societies like China, N Korea, Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Islamic world in utilizing the death penalty

The people you should be angry with are the prison officials who let them escape.

Killers should be allowed to give untold victims the death penalty. That's just bad luck.

Forum List

Back