Oil industry accident kills one

Get over yourself. It was built to provide polysilicon to the solar industry.

Are there byproducts, that they hope to sell, sure. But Wacker did build this to make polysilicon. If this plant can not sell polysilicon, it will be closed and produce nothing.

You have proven that all you can do is grasp at straws.
Blah, blah,.. Meanwhile, all you have proven is that you simply can't accept the sourced information I've shared here, debunking your wacky claims. Sorry, but making polysilicon does not mean the plant was specifically "built to provide polysilicon to the solar industry." It was clearly built to provide polysilicon for lots of purposes, all of the things they say it was built for, not you.

Blah, blah,.. Meanwhile, all you have proven is that you simply can't accept the sourced information I've shared here, debunking your wacky claims. Sorry, but making polysilicon does not mean the plant was specifically "built to provide polysilicon to the solar industry." It was clearly built to provide polysilicon for lots of purposes, all of the things they say it was built for, not you.
You missed something when you linked. There are five plants on one site. The polysilicon came online in 2016.
Blah, blah,.. Meanwhile, all you have proven is that you simply can't accept the sourced information I've shared here, debunking your wacky claims. Sorry, but making polysilicon does not mean the plant was specifically "built to provide polysilicon to the solar industry." It was clearly built to provide polysilicon for lots of purposes, all of the things they say it was
There are 5 seperate plants built at separate times. In 2019 the plant that makes the products you listed was built.

The solar polysilicon was built in 2019.

I quoted the article I linked to, which states solar polysilicon. Your beef is with reporters, but they got it right.

You are simply, anyway you can, trying to prove this has nothing to do with solar when in fact all the reporting states it is a making polysilicon for the solar industry.

Sourced but not complete.

From wacker's site

Screenshot_20210914-144536_Samsung Internet.jpg

No kidding. I read it the first time. They began producing polysilicon for the solar industry.. back in 2016. As already mentioned ad nauseum, and as they planned, now they produce polysilicon for lots of other things. Go fish.

Same link:
In the medium term, we intend to grow into Charlestown into a fully integrated production site for the North American market.

Last edited:
Which statement? I have backed up everything I stated.

A polysilicon plant making

This is solar grade polysilicon manufacturing plant. A chemical plant reliant on the oil industry is where solar grade polysilicon is manufactured.

And because you dont know how polysilicon is made you disagree and demand I show you how, so you can determine if my story is correct?

Here is your answer
Si + 3HCl → SiHCl 3 + H 2↑
Before you deleted it you said deserts are being destroyed. You are a liar.

No kidding. I read it the first time. They began producing polysilicon for the solar industry.. back in 2016. As already mentioned ad nauseum, and as they planned, now they produce polysilicon for lots of other things. Go fish.

Same link:
Yet, the solar polysilcon plant, had a small chemical leak that killed one man, injured four others. Nothing you have stated changes that fact. And that fact you certainly tried to obfuscate.

No, I refuted your assertions way back in the linked quote which you somehow must think was not referring to the same exact plant. Practically all manufacturing plants can still be described as "reliant on the oil industry" so that's not saying anything.

According to them, the plant produces "hyperpure polysilicon" / "Ultrapure amorphous silicon dioxide powder" / "pyrogenic silicon" which, of course, is used to make solar panels, but it's also

Only you refer to it as "solar grade" because you've apparently got solar vs oil on the brain. Not my problem.
I followed your link, that does in fact refer to a different plant, built after the time the polysilicon plant came on line. Three years after. That other plant, will make the products you attribute to the polysilicon plant.

From you link, clearly, showing a second plant, where the products are made that you wrongly stated are made in a polysilicon plant.

We completed construction of a new pyrogenic silica production plant, which went on stream in October 2019.

Ultrapure amorphous silicon dioxide powder is used as a filler in silicone elastomers and as a viscosity-adjusting agent, for example, in coatings, printing inks and adhesives. It also serves as a flow aid in the cosmetics, pharmaceutical and food industries.

Yet, the solar polysilcon plant, had a small chemical leak that killed one man, injured four others. Nothing you have stated changes that fact. And that fact you certainly tried to obfuscate.
Bullshit. You just continue to ignore that your precious "solar" plant is located in the same place as the newer plant and that both produce silicon products for purposes other than solar panels. Now you've even stooped to accusing others of wacky stuff. Seriously, just accept that your OP is silly nonsense and go fish.

I followed your link, that does in fact refer to a different plant, built after the time the polysilicon plant came on line. Three years after. That other plant, will make the products you attribute to the polysilicon plant.
Ruh roh! Whaa hoppened to the "solar"?? Oopsies,.. looks like you've lost track of your narrative..

From you link, clearly, showing a second plant, where the products are made that you wrongly stated are made in a polysilicon plant.
Sure, just keep conveniently ignoring the last bit:
Same link:
In the medium term, we intend to grow Charlestown into a fully integrated production site for the North American market.
Clearly, from your narrow view, they only produced polysilicon for solar customers at that site from 2016 - 2019. Proof? None. And, being the hardened, anti-solar, kvetching crazy person you are, it matters not what other purposes people may have had for purchasing polysilicon since.
This chemical plant was built to supply polysilicon to the Solar Industry.

Forum List

Back