Oil industry accident kills one

Aren't there any environmental protections?

Air pollution inputs to the Mojave Desert by fusing ...
Mar 01, 2020 · To date, the transport of SJV pollution to the Mojave Desert remains very poorly quantified. Reible et al. (1982) conducted a tracer release experiment at Oildale …

Cited by: 4
Publish Year: 2020
Nice, but why study air quality in the Mojave when they will destroy it with thousands of square miles of solar panels?

R.c757476aceadb9715361ef0f20eb4b31

Bullsh

I doubt it

I have taken the tour and so have my brothers..

KSA is very conscious of air quality because they already have sandstorms.

As for solar. They use it all over the country and have since 1982. Aren't you familiar with KAUST?

Farasan Island in the Red Sea used to ship in Diesel but its been completely solar for over 8 years now.. Maybe Americans are lazy or just can't afford to do it properly.

This is a solar thread, anything solar is relevant. Further, no thread stays on topic 100% of the time, do they.

I don't particular care if it's a thread about the orbit of mars around the sin. You made a ridiculous statement and can't support it. You're a liar.

Everything in this post is fact, the Wacker polysilicon plant had a tiny leak of gas used to make solar panels, which resulted in a death.

I have not disputed the accident.
I calling you out for saying solar panels are destroying the deserts. They are not and you are a liar.

Everything in this post is fact, the Wacker polysilicon plant had a tiny leak of gas used to make solar panels, which resulted in a death.
You claim to have worked there. Fine. You say they now make lots of polysilicon for the solar industry. Fine. Again, like most that plant makes lots of chemicals for lots of end uses and industries, by far not only for solar and oil. You've supplied nothing supporting your claim that this "tiny leak of" steaming HCl was necessarily related to making solar panels (nor to the oil industry for that matter).

I don't particular care if it's a thread about the orbit of mars around the sin. You made a ridiculous statement and can't support it. You're a liar.
Which statement? I have backed up everything I stated.
You claim to have worked there. Fine. You say they now make lots of polysilicon for the solar industry. Fine. Again, like most that plant makes lots of chemicals for lots of end uses and industries, by far not only for solar and oil. You've supplied nothing supporting your claim that this "tiny leak of" steaming HCl was necessarily related to making solar panels (nor to the oil industry for that matter).
A polysilicon plant making
This is solar grade polysilicon manufacturing plant. A chemical plant reliant on the oil industry is where solar grade polysilicon is manufactured.

And because you dont know how polysilicon is made you disagree and demand I show you how, so you can determine if my story is correct?

Here is your answer
Si + 3HCl → SiHCl 3 + H 2↑

No, I refuted your assertions way back in the linked quote which you somehow must think was not referring to the same exact plant. Practically all manufacturing plants can still be described as "reliant on the oil industry" so that's not saying anything.

According to them, the plant produces "hyperpure polysilicon" / "Ultrapure amorphous silicon dioxide powder" / "pyrogenic silicon" which, of course, is used to make solar panels, but it's also
Only you refer to it as "solar grade" because you've apparently got solar vs oil on the brain. Not my problem.

and people think that Green Renewable Alternative Clean energy does not kill? This chemical plant was built to supply polysilicon to the Solar Industry.

What will be fun to watch is all the green meenies cry, "but look at who died drilling for oil", moral equivalency.
WTF??

No, I refuted your assertions way back in the linked quote which you somehow must think was not referring to the same exact plant. Practically all manufacturing plants can still be described as "reliant on the oil industry" so that's not saying anything.

According to them, the plant produces "hyperpure polysilicon" / "Ultrapure amorphous silicon dioxide powder" / "pyrogenic silicon" which, of course, is used to make solar panels, but it's also

Only you refer to it as "solar grade" because you've apparently got solar vs oil on the brain. Not my problem.
Get over yourself. It was built to provide polysilicon to the solar industry.

Are there byproducts, that they hope to sell, sure. But Wacker did build this to make polysilicon. If this plant can not sell polysilicon, it will be closed and produce nothing.

You have proven that all you can do is grasp at straws.

You try to assert that HCI is not used to produce polysilicon. You have not educated yourself on the process, hence you are fumbling trying to discredit that which you know nothing about.

My article and link is to a plant that makes polysilicon for solar panels. The gas that leaked is used in the process. A tiny amount killed someone. A solar accident.

You try to assert that HCI is not used to produce polysilicon. You have not educated yourself on the process, hence you are fumbling trying to discredit that which you know nothing about.

My article and link is to a plant that makes polysilicon for solar panels. The gas that leaked is used in the process. A tiny amount killed someone. A solar accident.

What is the plant's safety record for lost time accidents? You should know that off the top of your expert little head.

Forum List

Back