Ohio State HS Hockey Championship ends in Tie

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
State HS athletic officials decided to end the Hockey game in a tie as it entered the 7th OT period. All participants will have a state championship trophy.

This is bunk. If you're going to have these events, at least have a champion when you're done.

State HS athletic officials decided to end the Hockey game in a tie as it entered the 7th OT period. All participants will have a state championship trophy.

This is bunk. If you're going to have these events, at least have a champion when you're done.

7th OT!!!

OK, I think they should have just decided to stop and continue the game a day later or something, but I completely understand why they stopped. They played 3 full games and couldn't decide it! :eek:

And if one of the boys would have been injured, intuition tells me you would be howling to high heaven about how those boys were pushed beyond the brink.

It's the progressive way.

7th OT!!!

OK, I think they should have just decided to stop and continue the game a day later or something, but I completely understand why they stopped. They played 3 full games and couldn't decide it! :eek:

According to ESPN, the championship went 8 OTs a few years back.

Finish it the next day...

And if one of the boys would have been injured, intuition tells me you would be howling to high heaven about how those boys were pushed beyond the brink.

My trick knee tells me that you're menstruating.

Do right wingers have to make everything political?

I understand whom I'm dealing with; a career whiner.

That is also the progressive way.

7th OT!!!

According to ESPN, the championship went 8 OTs a few years back.

Finish it the next day...

Agreed, a championship determines A champion. Play it till one is determined. The next day makes sense.

This makes none

You're the one crying about progressives on a sports thread.

If it were Helena's kid, the whining would have been heard on Mars if he were hurt.

They should just have a shootout after so many OTs.

Agree it's better.
Disagree that it's what should have happened...just play until someone wins.

I hate shootouts. I accept the in them regular season, but shootouts in playoff games make the whole game seem pointless.

I don't like any sort of modification of the rules just because it's a tie at the end of regulation play. Baseball has the best idea...

Having it all come down to your goaltender or one-on-one capabilities of your players cheats out the defensemen and fore check strategies.

Agree it's better.
Disagree that it's what should have happened...just play until someone wins.

I hate shootouts. I accept the in them regular season, but shootouts in playoff games make the whole game seem pointless.

I don't like any sort of modification of the rules just because it's a tie at the end of regulation play. Baseball has the best idea...

Having it all come down to your goaltender or one-on-one capabilities of your players cheats out the defensemen and fore check strategies.

It's also, despite the overly enthusiastic accolades of announcers, less exciting than a good OT or multiple-OT game.

Forum List

Back