Oh, great. The Taliban is already holding military parades... with our weapons

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Oh, Great. The Taliban Is Already Holding Military Parades... With Our Weapons

6 Jul 2021 ~~ By Jazz Shaw
Well, they may not technically be formal “parades” at this point, but close enough. Either way, today brought us more discouraging news out of Afghanistan.

This morning we looked at the deteriorating situation in the United States embassy in Kabul and at the international airports. While there is no way to know how long the situation will hold, at least for the time being we have some measure of security and defensive capabilities. Also, while some looters and rogue militants were stirring up some trouble, particularly at the now-abandoned Bagram airfield, the embassy itself is still holding strong. Also, the Taliban seemed to be remaining out in the more rural provinces that they’ve retaken and not gathering strength right on our doorstep.
All of that changed in less than eight hours. NBC News has been following some reporters who are embedded in various areas of Afghanistan and it turns out that our old negotiating “partners” in the Taliban have indeed been on the move.
The Taliban have showed off containers full of weapons and military hardware seized from the Afghan military as American forces withdraw from the country and the militants march across the country.​
The weaponry includes 900 guns, 30 light tactical vehicles and 20 army pickup trucks, according to NBC News’ U.K. partner Sky News, which was granted access to the Sultan Khil military base in the Wardak province close to the Afghan capital, Kabul.​
District after district has fallen to the Taliban. The militants have seized 120 districts since May 1, according to an ongoing assessment by the Long War Journal. The map is a moving patchwork, but at last count the Taliban controlled 193 districts and contested 130, while 75 were under the control of the government or are undetermined, according to the publication, which reports on the global war on terror and is a project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a hawkish Washington think tank.​
At this point, the Biden administration claims that it is still “working on” plans to evacuate translators and other civilians who helped us, but they aren’t even answering requests for comment from NBC News this week. The idea that we’re “working on” plans to get those people out now is obscene. That needed to be set in stone by the Trump administration, and it wasn’t. And if Biden inherited a situation where we couldn’t get them out, the withdrawal should have been delayed until such plans were finalized.
We’re not at the point yet where this is definitely going to turn into the Fall of Saigon Part Two, but as of this evening, it’s definitely getting closer.

Comment:
R.6cb43e940f6231ca21b8869e4aba96fc

Vietnam7FallOfSaigon.jpeg
Hmm..... I guess Joey Xi' timing the withdrawal to coincide with Sept 11 is not having the intended effect. SMART POWER.
This has become an Army of lions led by Asses created by Obama/Bai Dung..... Joey Xi Bai Dung's Fall of Saigon Part Two will forever be history.
Just how many interpreters and their families will be left behind to suffer the consequences.
Actually, comparisons to the Fall of Saigon are insulting. The submission of the Afghani Army to the Taliban is happening more quickly.
At least the South Vietnamese held out alone for five months, sustaining 2:1 casualties, as the North bolstered with Soviet and Chinese materiel laid in their final siege.
Every one of these dumb over sea adventures has seen us leaving hundreds of billions worth of military equipment behind for our enemies to enjoy.
Meanwhile in anticipation of the Bai Dung administration "withdrawal" from Afghanistan:

Last edited:
Our pentagon is not up to the task of defending the United States...they just are not.....scary....20 plus years of a war with a 3rd world nation and we have to sneak out the back door like losers....oh yeah we did lose.....

I never bought into the neo-cons' idea of Islamic Republics being the answer to our Mid-East concerns. Thought it was enough when Bush bombed the Taliban camps back into the stone age to give them warning of what lies ahead if they didn't behave themselves. I also didn't agree with the premise of the movie Charlie's War which held we failed by not burying Afghanistan with our tax dollars after the Russians pulled out.

The sad truth is that if we withdrew a year after our invasion of Afghanistan or 50 years from now, the collapse would be just as quick. The majority of Afghanis want Islamic/Sharia rule. They don‘t want Western culture. If Afghanistan is to change, it must come internally.

How many more Americans have to die to learn that lesson. If the terrorists start using Afghanistan as a base of operations, then we need to respond with all necessary force, preferably through drones or high-tech weaponry, not ground troops.

I thought Trump was wrong to declare a unilateral withdrawal, and I think Biden should have given more thought to his sudden withdrawal and should have coordinated more with our allies. The strategy of sudden withdrawal will only lead to Vietnam style chaos. But maybe that is inevitable not matter how you withdrew.

I am not, though, hypocritical like Trumpers are on this thread who were singing Trump’s praises on his Afghan withdrawal plan and now are criticizing Biden for doing the same thing.

And apparently they are running around bragging that they have kicked the United States out of Afghanistan.

This is why I will never again support any war or conflict other than an invasion our own country.
This country is simply not willing to do what's necessary to completely vanquish an enemy, so fuck it, I'm through supporting any of it.

Oh, great. The Taliban is already holding military parades... with our weapons​

They couldn't hold any parades with French weapons. France was smart enough to not get bogged down in Afghanistan.

Oh, Great. The Taliban Is Already Holding Military Parades... With Our Weapons

6 Jul 2021 ~~ By Jazz Shaw
Well, they may not technically be formal “parades” at this point, but close enough. Either way, today brought us more discouraging news out of Afghanistan.

This morning we looked at the deteriorating situation in the United States embassy in Kabul and at the international airports. While there is no way to know how long the situation will hold, at least for the time being we have some measure of security and defensive capabilities. Also, while some looters and rogue militants were stirring up some trouble, particularly at the now-abandoned Bagram airfield, the embassy itself is still holding strong. Also, the Taliban seemed to be remaining out in the more rural provinces that they’ve retaken and not gathering strength right on our doorstep.
All of that changed in less than eight hours. NBC News has been following some reporters who are embedded in various areas of Afghanistan and it turns out that our old negotiating “partners” in the Taliban have indeed been on the move.
The Taliban have showed off containers full of weapons and military hardware seized from the Afghan military as American forces withdraw from the country and the militants march across the country.​
The weaponry includes 900 guns, 30 light tactical vehicles and 20 army pickup trucks, according to NBC News’ U.K. partner Sky News, which was granted access to the Sultan Khil military base in the Wardak province close to the Afghan capital, Kabul.​
District after district has fallen to the Taliban. The militants have seized 120 districts since May 1, according to an ongoing assessment by the Long War Journal. The map is a moving patchwork, but at last count the Taliban controlled 193 districts and contested 130, while 75 were under the control of the government or are undetermined, according to the publication, which reports on the global war on terror and is a project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a hawkish Washington think tank.​
At this point, the Biden administration claims that it is still “working on” plans to evacuate translators and other civilians who helped us, but they aren’t even answering requests for comment from NBC News this week. The idea that we’re “working on” plans to get those people out now is obscene. That needed to be set in stone by the Trump administration, and it wasn’t. And if Biden inherited a situation where we couldn’t get them out, the withdrawal should have been delayed until such plans were finalized.
We’re not at the point yet where this is definitely going to turn into the Fall of Saigon Part Two, but as of this evening, it’s definitely getting closer.

Comment:
R.6cb43e940f6231ca21b8869e4aba96fc

Vietnam7FallOfSaigon.jpeg
Hmm..... I guess Joey Xi' timing the withdrawal to coincide with Sept 11 is not having the intended effect. SMART POWER.
This has become an Army of lions led by Asses created by Obama/Bai Dung..... Joey Xi Bai Dung's Fall of Saigon Part Two will forever be history.
Just how many interpreters and their families will be left behind to suffer the consequences.
Actually, comparisons to the Fall of Saigon are insulting. The submission of the Afghani Army to the Taliban is happening more quickly.
At least the South Vietnamese held out alone for five months, sustaining 2:1 casualties, as the North bolstered with Soviet and Chinese materiel laid in their final siege.
Every one of these dumb over sea adventures has seen us leaving hundreds of billions worth of military equipment behind for our enemies to enjoy.
Meanwhile in anticipation of the Bai Dung administration "withdrawal" from Afghanistan:
Again, how much longer did you want us to remain in Afghanistan?

The sad truth is that if we withdrew a year after our invasion of Afghanistan or 50 years from now, the collapse would be just as quick. The majority of Afghanis want Islamic/Sharia rule. They don‘t want Western culture. If Afghanistan is to change, it must come internally.

How many more Americans have to die to learn that lesson. If the terrorists start using Afghanistan as a base of operations, then we need to respond with all necessary force, preferably through drones or high-tech weaponry, not ground troops.

I thought Trump was wrong to declare a unilateral withdrawal, and I think Biden should have given more thought to his sudden withdrawal and should have coordinated more with our allies. The strategy of sudden withdrawal will only lead to Vietnam style chaos. But maybe that is inevitable not matter how you withdrew.

I am not, though, hypocritical like Trumpers are on this thread who were singing Trump’s praises on his Afghan withdrawal plan and now are criticizing Biden for doing the same thing.
And the funny thing is, myself and many people on this board (normal folk, not the neocons) said in 2003 that it would end like this. But no, they were the warmongers, and kept on telling us how arabs/pushtans/Persians (choose your ME bogey man) 'hated our way of life'. Did the old 'sand ni**ers deserve it' and all the other BS.

Then when Obama was in power "oh, let's get out now! Bring the boys and gals home". Now they're worried that the very people they hated are going to be left in the hands of the Taliban.

The neocon losers changes sides more times than Donald Trump lies, which is an almost unfathomable feat.

Us normals have said since Day 1 - Under George "I-started-2-wars-but-have-no-idea-how-to-finish-them" Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden - that they should be brought home and never should have gone in the first place. Haven't changed our POV from day dot.

Forum List

Back