Offsets

Better idea...have the Obama administration cut the amount out of the $75,000,000,000 PER MONTH market welfare and pay the unemployment.

As I understand it these unemployment benefits extensions were supposed to be temporary so when does the temporary part kick in?

Lots of things were supposed to be temporary including Social Security.

You're for the rich man and too hell with the poor.

Mexico is the way this country would like if you had your way.

What would you suggest doing differently.

Chris Matthews was laughing at someone the other day because they had the guts to say that people should move to where the work is.

Matthews thinks people should not have to move. Jobs should come to them.

He's such a smart guy.

Now, now...There's NOTHING WRONG with spending US middle class tax payer money to build infra-structure in Asia.

We won't remain a super power very long with poor infrastructure, cutting science and defunding r@D. We will fall even faster with our sliding educational system.

The republicans must not have the slightest clue. The billionaires got their on the wealth of a large middle class that spend money to make them successful. Who's fucking who at the end of the day?

You keep blowing up at Republicans on infrastucture and such, yet you forget that Obama had a Democrat-controlled Congress and wasted it creating his BoondoggleCare when he could've been pushing for infrastucture spending instead.

But then you Libturds ignore that pesky fact, so i therefore apologize for exposing you to such a thing and hope you enjoy having your head firmly up your ass.

Last edited:
Now, now...There's NOTHING WRONG with spending US middle class tax payer money to build infra-structure in Asia.

We won't remain a super power very long with poor infrastructure, cutting science and defunding r@D. We will fall even faster with our sliding educational system.

The republicans must not have the slightest clue. The billionaires got their on the wealth of a large middle class that spend money to make them successful. Who's fucking who at the end of the day?

You keep blowing up at Republicans on infrastucture and such, yet you forget that Obama had a Democrat-controlled Congress and wasted it creating his BoondoggleCare when he could've been pushing for infrastucture spending instead.

But then you Libturds ignore that pesky fact, so i therefore apologize for exposing you to such a thing and hope you enjoy having your head firmly up your ass.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ass-u-me.
Why doesnt the U.S. just mandate a pay increase of 20% for everyone?

That wouldn't be fair to the Unions to include the rest of us, Silly. ;) If you are Non Union, Non Government, you are part of the food chain. :);)

Yeah but if everyone made 20% more then taxes would go up and we could easily pay for 99 weeks unemployment. Heck make it 30% and we can have universal pre-K.

OK, you're really close to sweet talking me into agreeing with you but-----but I only agree to raise ALMOST everyone's pay by 20% to 30% if Republicans will agree to a 1% increase on wealth (without loopholes) in taxes on the 400 richest Americans, IOW's offset a raise for almost everyone via taxes-----via taxes on only 400 tax forms.
I'm not sure if the math is perfect on that but-----but I'm probably close because the 400 richest people in the country have more wealth than half of all Americans combined -- deal?

That wouldn't be fair to the Unions to include the rest of us, Silly. ;) If you are Non Union, Non Government, you are part of the food chain. :);)

Yeah but if everyone made 20% more then taxes would go up and we could easily pay for 99 weeks unemployment. Heck make it 30% and we can have universal pre-K.

OK, you're really close to sweet talking me into agreeing with you but-----but I only agree to raise ALMOST everyone's pay by 20% to 30% if Republicans will agree to a 1% increase on wealth (without loopholes) in taxes on the 400 richest Americans, IOW's offset a raise for almost everyone via taxes-----via taxes on only 400 tax forms.
I'm not sure if the math is perfect on that but-----but I'm probably close because the 400 richest people in the country have more wealth than half of all Americans combined -- deal?

Shoot. Make it 2%. I know, we'll make it 100% of the icome of all rich people and all the top corporations. We'll eat the rich.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ]EAT THE RICH! - YouTube[/ame]

You never took Econ101, didja?

Shoot. Make it 2%. I know, we'll make it 100% of the icome of all rich people and all the top corporations. We'll eat the rich.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ"]EAT THE RICH! - YouTube[/ame]

If you and I had the authority, I'd take you up on your generous offer of doubling the amount I suggested but-----but what a waste of 9 minutes "Eat the Rich" is.
The first time I heard this joke, I was about 13 - the subject was different but the denominator is common.

The same joke different subject went like this...

"So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!"

Just as stupid as "Eat the Rich" huh?

What do you think about raising the minimum wage to offset the cost of social programs?

Republicans will extend unemployment benefits only-----only if the "cost" is offset by reductions in other social programs...

Raise the minimum wage -- Voila, offset for extending unemployment benefits achieved...
...less people qualify for SNAP
...less people qualify for subsidized housing
...less people qualify for EIC
...less people qualify for WIC
...less people qualify for healthcare subsidies
...more people pay more taxes
...more people w/money to spend...

...more/less people...?

Liberal math, government getting hundreds of thousands of people fired and fully on welfare will save money. Suuurrreeee it will, sweet heart.

Lots of things were supposed to be temporary including Social Security.

You're for the rich man and too hell with the poor.

Mexico is the way this country would like if you had your way.

Funny, this country looks more like Mexico every time Congress passes something else the Prez finds suitable to scratch his name on.

Way to put it. I am trying to laugh, but it's too true...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ"]EAT THE RICH! - YouTube[/ame]

If you and I had the authority, I'd take you up on your generous offer of doubling the amount I suggested but-----but what a waste of 9 minutes "Eat the Rich" is.
The first time I heard this joke, I was about 13 - the subject was different but the denominator is common.

The same joke different subject went like this...

"So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!"

Just as stupid as "Eat the Rich" huh?

What do you think about raising the minimum wage to offset the cost of social programs?

I'll bet you fell for that joke and can't see the fallacy in it.
Just like you cant see the fallacy in raising the min wage so you can get more tax revenue.

The video was a waste for people who can't think very clearly. The truth is there is not the wealth in this country among upper income people and corporations to pay for even one year of Obama's deficits.

Look more like Mexico when a large portion of our middle class that works within the public sector gets layed off. Of course you fuckers live within the 10th century ad...

I use to slam muslims but you're getting close to them.

Minimum raise won't solve anything. Unemployment extension needs to die a horrible death.

As I understand it these unemployment benefits extensions were supposed to be temporary so when does the temporary part kick in?

Well, this is the bunch that simultaneously claims UI spurs economic growth, then claims that after five years of UI payments we're still in the shitter and need more.

They're imbeciles... the only ones dumber are the ones that believe in them.

Well, this is the bunch that simultaneously claims UI spurs economic growth, then claims that after five years of UI payments we're still in the shitter and need more.

They're imbeciles... the only ones dumber are the ones that believe in them.

By "bunch" do you include uber-conservatives/libertarians like...
...Conservative Leads Effort to Raise Minimum Wage in California

By JENNIFER MEDINA
Published: November 25, 2013

LOS ANGELES — Ron Unz, a Silicon Valley millionaire, rose to fame by promoting a ballot initiative that essentially eliminated bilingual education in California. He went on to become publisher of The American Conservative, a libertarian-leaning magazine.

Ron Unz, who made millions in software, is spearheading a ballot initiative to raise California’s minimum wage.

But after decades in the conservative movement, Mr. Unz is pursuing a goal that has stymied liberals: raising the minimum wage. He plans to pour his own money into a ballot measure to increase the minimum wage in California to $10 an hour in 2015 and $12 in 2016, which would make it by far the highest in the nation. Currently, it is $8 — 75 cents higher than the federal minimum.

Using what he sees as conservative principles to advocate a policy long championed by the left, Mr. Unz argues that significantly raising the minimum wage would help curb government spending on social services, strengthen the economy and make more jobs attractive to American-born workers.

“There are so many very low-wage workers, and we pay for huge social welfare programs for them,” he said in an interview. “This would save something on the order of tens of billions of dollars. Doesn’t it make more sense for employers to pay their workers than the government?”

<snip>

Soggy, check it out, even really smart-rich conservatives agree with The Star - USMB righties and other extremists are outliers in their own party and that-----and that my T-publican friends does not bode well for your chances in upcoming elections but-----but WTH continue to lock yourselves in to someone elses ideology and-----and Dems will continue to control 2/3+ of the federal government...

Forum List

Back