Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Already reading that numerous democrats don't want Slow Joe to debate again. Wow! Even his own supporters are telling him to stop.

I told them Biden can't handle an opponent as strong as Trump. Hell Hillary barely stood her ground and she's about as nasty as the Dems have.
Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?
You say the Slow Joe "did it"... But he claimed 200 million have died from Covid. That statement alone showed his 47 years of doing nothing has destructed his brain. The old man is shot. He had nothing but deflecting fake laughs. President Trump is living in his head now rent free. Let him keep fake laughing while people are dying.
Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

People were claiming he needed breaks because he couldn't handle 90 minutes straight. People were saying he was going to fall apart.

Again, say what you will, he withstood better than most thought he would, and with trump interrupting and trying rattle him the whole time, I think it may have backfired on trump.

Left wing media plays race card again, they are repeatedly mentioning the white privilege/white supremacist comments from the debate.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.

You are, as is often the case, wrong. Will you be man enough to admit your error?
Will you identify as a man. If IM2 has the guts to unblock me I ll show you I was right. Until then, fuck off, fatso.
You're a republican Israeli AH I'll never block you
I said IM2. Don’t care what you do as you won’t be around much longer. Your words not mine.

I watched on C-SPAN and Joe was clear saying he does not support the Green New Deal, but minutes later he said it would provide thousands of new jobs that would pay big money!!!! LOL
That's what I heard. Apparently the new spin is there are two Green New Deals now.

Christ there's 2 of them? Somewhere in a liberal think tank someone said hey, they hate our green new deal so lets create a 2nd one and the committee declared the idea brilliant!

That debate was a shit show largely because Trump refused to stay quiet and abide by the rules. However, Chris Wallace was a disappointment as well.

I think it is hard on Wallace... He had a guy in the debate who refused to stay by the rules. This was obvious...

Trump lost for that main reason, this is why others don't behave like this... Wallace was trying to keep Trump inside the ropes but Trump was the one breaking he rules..

He plaigerized the name, not the plan. Biden also believes in defunding the police, but not cutting off their funding.
Same name, different plan.
It sounds like Biden is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, tbh. If you have a different plan, give it a different name. Is that too monumental of a task for Biden?

That debate was a shit show largely because Trump refused to stay quiet and abide by the rules. However, Chris Wallace was a disappointment as well.

I think it is hard on Wallace... He had a guy in the debate who refused to stay by the rules. This was obvious...

Trump lost for that main reason, this is why others don't behave like this... Wallace was trying to keep Trump inside the ropes but Trump was the one breaking he rules..
I can agree with your opinion.

He plaigerized the name, not the plan. Biden also believes in defunding the police, but not cutting off their funding.
Same name, different plan.
It sounds like Biden is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, tbh. If you have a different plan, give it a different name. Is that too monumental of a task for Biden?

Typically the Dem nominee at this point has told the left to shove it and moved to the center. Biden can't do that and win so he's in a pickle between the radical left wing and the center that won him the nomination.

Forum List

Back