Official Sign Up Thread for USMB Halloween Game

I think we should give it a shot.

Let's play!

She either signs up and asks for replacement (repeatedly) or signs up and barely posts anything for days and has to be prodded and then just says there's too much to catch up on. Or she does things that hurt her team's wincon like quickhammering a townie before she can speak for herself or votes a townie in lylo and walks away, thus hurting her team. So, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I will out if she plays. Mebelle, I'm sorry, I like you as a person, but you do the same stuff every time you play and I don't want to deal with it.

/out

if mebelle is in

Game 5 I went on vacation where I had limited acces to internet.

I also PM'd Wake about this.

I can understand how vexing it can be to play with certain people. On the main site there's at least one or two players I don't like playing with, mainly because they refuse to cooperate as a team and provide answers when asked stuff. I try to either A) zone it out and focus on the other players in the game or B) provide very minimal/specialized posts directed towards those individuals. Say you ask a player for reads and he says no and tells you to screw yourself. Infuriorating, right? Well, I'd choose to ignore that guy and work around that player, because I still want to play in that game because of the 8+ other players I want to mix and mingle with. You can still play the game really well while ignoring one or two players and, if some players ask you why, you can give a really brief reason and go on playing. I'm finding that works best for me, because I shouldn't have to be deprived of a fun game because of a few players.

She either signs up and asks for replacement (repeatedly) or signs up and barely posts anything for days and has to be prodded and then just says there's too much to catch up on. Or she does things that hurt her team's wincon like quickhammering a townie before she can speak for herself or votes a townie in lylo and walks away, thus hurting her team. So, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I will out if she plays. Mebelle, I'm sorry, I like you as a person, but you do the same stuff every time you play and I don't want to deal with it.

/out

if mebelle is in

Then it is probably an issue with the fact that Wake never communicates with us to tell us when people are on V/LA so then we think you are flaking.

I think, first and foremost, we should accept this is a game. Then, if you're willing, reconcile one another's differences.

I mean, there's going to be times when your buttons are pushed or you get a volley of accusations thrown at you. That's just the nature of the game. As Scum I'm going to be actively searching for each players' thumbscrew to turn to my advantage.

The hardest part for me is trying to be a team player as Town, because of the paranoia. Someone told me once that, instead of being all mistrustful and scared, you should instead put a lot of trust in each player. Undoubtedly there's more Town players than Scum in these games, so if you build up good rapport with five Town players while two Scum players feign it, I think you'd have some leverage in the game.

I'll need to work on communicating when players are V/LA. I've noticed that's something need work, for games both here and offsite.

I think, first and foremost, we should accept this is a game. Then, if you're willing, reconcile one another's differences.

I mean, there's going to be times when your buttons are pushed or you get a volley of accusations thrown at you. That's just the nature of the game. As Scum I'm going to be actively searching for each players' thumbscrew to turn to my advantage.

The hardest part for me is trying to be a team player as Town, because of the paranoia. Someone told me once that, instead of being all mistrustful and scared, you should instead put a lot of trust in each player. Undoubtedly there's more Town players than Scum in these games, so if you build up good rapport with five Town players while two Scum players feign it, I think you'd have some leverage in the game.

That may work later in the game when you have a better idea of the alignments of the players, but in the beginning of the game, trusting people seems like a bad idea.

That may work later in the game when you have a better idea of the alignments of the players, but in the beginning of the game, trusting people seems like a bad idea.

It's a bit of a radical idea.

If you show trust to players, they may more likely show trust to you (while keeping some of your inclinations hidden until later in the game). It's not something I've tried that much, but maybe it deserves to be experimented with. If I'm mistrustful all the time and seeing Scum everywhere I turn... that'd drive me nuts.

For me the game actually has very little to do with the drama.

Some of us just can't play the game without getting personal and you just keep repeating it's all part of the game. That circular reasoning I don't agree with.

It's tough to not get personal, but it's possible.

/out

if mebelle is in

Yes indeed....

Ha, Sorry Aye and those that were invited twice. Aye's original post didn't have the @'s so I just saw House's 4 and added to that.

No wonder House only added 4.

Oh well, I'm doubly annoying to some then. :wink:
At least I don't have to share a cross country ride with you...

It's tough to not get personal, but it's possible.

People get personal I've noticed a lot in these games. There is a difference between telling someone they are being stupid or calling them a liar and crossing the line into medical issues they are having and using that to inflict damage.

See the difference? The medical one should be one warning from the mod and then modkill if it continues or the players PL instantly. No matter who is doing it or what their role is. If they do it again, ban them from the next game. If they do it again, ban them from all future games.

Waiting on a few more replies (PM's), then I'll start getting it ready to open.

ika will be helping me with this as well. :)

I'm disappointed in the shitfest that went on in this thread. I'm having to PM people and find out if they're still playing or not.

Forum List

Back