Official CDC projections for COVID -- Updated regularly..

I was hoping for this thread to be a place to get decent links.............can you guys take your mud slinging to another thread.

I've done nothing but reference the data in the thread. how is that wrong?
mud slinging .......I was hoping this was a reference library thread.............not a slinging match like all........
talk to those flinging the mud. Now you're doing it.

Jesus fvck some people will swallow anything.

Watch the curve grow love:

View attachment 317407

America's death curve trajectory leveling off yet?

MAGA.

1585767556476.png

Conservative media better stop calling it the Chinese virus. Or else they will be banned and sued for injuries and death of the Asian community.

Last edited:
Starting to see possible "disinformation" on COVID numbers.. To my knowledge, ALL physician, medical statistics on epidemics are reported THRU the CDC... So whether that information is FULLY correct, does not matter as much as information that "suddenly appears" from some random sites that might be linked to other countries efforts to "quiet us down" or "rile us up"...

Apologies to anyone that posted this link already.. Saw it yesterday and the gist is --- Most states and the country are gonna PEAK Mid-April... With "out of the wood" being maybe mid May... When you READ the graphs, realized they are MODELS.. So the solid lines are the BEST EXPECTATIONS... The color shaded areas are measures of UNCERTAINTY...

Like for the Entire US graph --- the uncertainties run kinda high because of not knowing how many OTHER major population areas will be hit -- etc... But if you drill down to "mild states" -- the timeframe is the same, but the uncertainty is almost negligible...

Here's the site -- it's an ORG associated with CDC.. Stay well and don't panic.

Thanks for the thread.
It just doesn’t add up. We are half way up the curve right now. Grand total in the hospital in the entire state of Virginia right now - 165. It’s not jiving.
View attachment 317519

You knew we were trying to flatten the curve, but it seems that the curve will flatten us first. COVID-19 has just overwhelmed us. I hate to call this guy in the vid Doctor Doom, but I think he's speaking the unvarnished truth. It's painful and it's horrible. The best attitude is to take it seriously and quarantine and sanitize. I will be wearing a face mask now and maybe goggles (gun range glasses) when I go out. I have an underlying condition which I didn't know was an underlying condition before.

not sure about this guy.. Because he's comparing Italy to China to the US and just winging "an in between" number.. China isn't reliable for the data.. Italy is country that couldn't get off its ass if Godzilla and Megasaur were coming... And the REASONS for a different death rate as I said elsewhere tonight on USMB are not really due to #infected but by the METHODS and practices and protocols that the Med community USE on patients that need to be admitted.. Sure deaths go up as #infected go up -- but the political actions and other mitigations have little to do with a death RATE...

The US is just far BETTER at med techniques and med preparedness than China or Italy... And that's the way these discrepancies will be analysed in hindsight..

Last edited:
According to the ‘experts’ we should be seeing almost 1,000 deaths a day in the US right now. What am I missing?

View attachment 317877

You can be our Doctor Doom.
Did a thousand Americans die yesterday from this bug?

Almost.
to get to the numbers of dead, there will have to be 10,000 a day. do you think that's going to happen? do you really? we know that only 10% die with current known figures. 10% of 190,000 is only 19,000. Not 100,000 or 240,000.

Their numbers

You are doing math without all the numbers. That never works out, dummy.

The president and his team told you that we'd lose 120,000 to 240,000 people to this virus if we do everything right.

Why don't you believe them?
because the numbers aren't there. that's why. I'm looking at the numbers the CDC is putting out, not mine. right now the numbers show a 2.1% will die and that's at 4,000 with 190,000 infected. Now double the infected count and the number of deaths only go to 8,000. Dude, how the fk are you going to get to 100,000 let alone 240,000. If this jumps, then self isolation didn't work. And that's absurd to any logic thinking math knowledgeable person. Trump's listening to the experts, they are wrong. They will end up wrong.

How many people in this nation have contracted this virus?

Answer is NOBODY knows. And will probably NOT know until way after this is over for the year..

BUT CDC is ESTIMATING that the #infected is about 2 times the #reported.. That's because VERY many people are mild or asymptomatic and never even SEEK med attention..

AFTER the fact, when they can do random population samples on antibodies, they will get CLOSER to the actual #infected.

According to the ‘experts’ we should be seeing almost 1,000 deaths a day in the US right now. What am I missing?

View attachment 317877

Almost.
to get to the numbers of dead, there will have to be 10,000 a day. do you think that's going to happen? do you really? we know that only 10% die with current known figures. 10% of 190,000 is only 19,000. Not 100,000 or 240,000.

Their numbers

The president and his team told you that we'd lose 120,000 to 240,000 people to this virus if we do everything right.

because the numbers aren't there. that's why. I'm looking at the numbers the CDC is putting out, not mine. right now the numbers show a 2.1% will die and that's at 4,000 with 190,000 infected. Now double the infected count and the number of deaths only go to 8,000. Dude, how the fk are you going to get to 100,000 let alone 240,000? If this jumps, then self isolation didn't work. And that's absurd to any logic thinking math knowledgeable person. Trump's listening to the experts, they are wrong. They will end up wrong.

No.. That math is the same error that many in the media and public are making.. What WE KNOW is the #reported.. NOT the #infected... See my post above.. #infected DURING an epidemic is an educated guess..

Your number with the 4000/190000 is TWICE the death rate offered by the CDC...

Jesus fvck some people will swallow anything.

Watch the curve grow love:

View attachment 317407

America's death curve trajectory leveling off yet?

MAGA.

View attachment 317982

Sadly no. The death rate for Americans is the same as for all other nationalities. 100%

Except that if listened to docs from CDC -- 120K to 240K is largely based on GUESSES as to whether OTHER major metros will bubble up.... Right now -- it's just NYC metro and New Orleans. And NOBODY KNOWS THIS... Those numbers are not written in stone...

Death RATE will go up when the great American Med system becomes LOCALLY overwhelmed. For the majority of the country OUTSIDE those metros -- that's not likely to happen..

So the CDC docs got up before and after Trump and laid all that out.. NOBODY should be taking those numbers LITERALLY or saying those numbers are "if we do EVERYTHING right"..

I KNOW it would nearly kill you to sit thru any of those 2 or 3 a day press conferences at the WH -- but they are the PUBLIC LIFELINE for information on the numbers and the govt response..

We are at 700,000 active cases globally.

NY + NJ have 100,000 active cases.

1/7th of all active cases globally are in NY/NJ.

View attachment 317877

Curve is SO STEEP at APril 1st that the REPORTING won't hit until April 4th or 6th... THat's probably what's happening..

It took about 3 weeks for the mitigation tactics (social distancing, etc...) to have an effect in Wuhan. I suspect the curve will start to flatten out in few days.

View attachment 317877

Curve is SO STEEP at APril 1st that the REPORTING won't hit until April 4th or 6th... THat's probably what's happening..

It took about 3 weeks for the mitigation tactics (social distancing, etc...) to have an effect in Wuhan. I suspect the curve will start to flatten out in few days.

Praying every night it is so.

View attachment 317877

Take a look at the projection in the Wash State study I posted in the OP.. Next 10 DAYS is gonna be rough if they're right.

View attachment 317877

Take a look at the projection in the Wash State study I posted in the OP.. Next 10 DAYS is gonna be rough if they're right.

April 16th is the peak.

But where will they be. Right now, NY+NJ = 50% of deaths. And it appears that % will increase as their cases seem to be skyrocketing.

That's where it will be really really really bad.

View attachment 317877

April 16th is the peak.

But where will they be. Right now, NY+NJ = 50% of deaths. And it appears that % will increase as their cases seem to be skyrocketing.

I'm really surprised San Francisco is doing so well. Especially with so many homeless. But then, they may be dying off and no one gives shit. :(

View attachment 317877

Almost.

Their numbers

because the numbers aren't there. that's why. I'm looking at the numbers the CDC is putting out, not mine. right now the numbers show a 2.1% will die and that's at 4,000 with 190,000 infected. Now double the infected count and the number of deaths only go to 8,000. Dude, how the fk are you going to get to 100,000 let alone 240,000? If this jumps, then self isolation didn't work. And that's absurd to any logic thinking math knowledgeable person. Trump's listening to the experts, they are wrong. They will end up wrong.

No.. That math is the same error that many in the media and public are making.. What WE KNOW is the #reported.. NOT the #infected... See my post above.. #infected DURING an epidemic is an educated guess..

Your number with the 4000/190000 is TWICE the death rate offered by the CDC...
Those figures came from the cdc

View attachment 317877

April 16th is the peak.

I'm really surprised San Francisco is doing so well. Especially with so many homeless. But then, they may be dying off and no one gives shit. :(

I've got a conspiracy theory about "the COVID miracle" in California, but I think I'll keep that to myself right now.. PRETTY SURE that after the cloud passes, we'll find surprising news about WHEN COVID ACTUALLY HIT California.. :eek:

View attachment 317877

April 16th is the peak.

I don't know what common denominators you could find between NYC and SF. I know that the city would swell by a factor 2 or 3 with everyone coming into the city. So you'd think that bay area would be going apeshit with infection.

So why isn't it.

And why is New York dying ?

I keep hoping their numbers will turn. Hoping against all hope.

Forum List

Back