Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

osa Parks just had to obey the commands of the driver move to the back of the bus and she would have gotten home in 15 minutes. Instead she was arrested and it was a huge ordeal.

Because she wanted to act like an asshole, right?

The bus driver was not a person of authority and she was being told that simply because of her race. Again, police had no idea who was in that car until their guns were drawn and they were screaming at the subject. Like I said repeatedly, police do this to any subject they believe may present a threat to them, not just black people.

Really? I didn't hear that and I watched the video several times. Which officer claimed to have psychic abilities?
The officer said that almost all the time when someone drives to get to a well lit spot, it’s a minority.

It’s profiling.

osa Parks just had to obey the commands of the driver move to the back of the bus and she would have gotten home in 15 minutes. Instead she was arrested and it was a huge ordeal.

Because she wanted to act like an asshole, right?

The bus driver was not a person of authority and she was being told that simply because of her race. Again, police had no idea who was in that car until their guns were drawn and they were screaming at the subject. Like I said repeatedly, police do this to any subject they believe may present a threat to them, not just black people.
Yes, the bus driver was the person of authority and the city ordinance allowed him to give the order lawfully.

All she had to do was follow the orders, right?

The cops behavior was so outrageous he was fired. Doesn’t that tell you something?

It sure does. Satan is taking over this country and we are the spectators of it. When you weaken the good it only empowers evil. It's not just this situation, it's metastasizing across the entire country.

The police chief takes orders from the Mayor. The Mayor is advised by his or her legal department on the best actions to take in a lawsuit like this. I'm sure the chief let him go regrettably. But if you ever had the opportunity to talk with a police officer off the record, or better yet personally knew a police officer, they'll all tell you that half of police work is politics. But then again, what isn't in our country?

This is why we need to divide this country into two countries instead. One for our side and another for yours. Everybody is happy that way and we never have to argue about anything ever again. In our country, we will have a loser pays all law like some parts of Europe. Sue anybody you want, but if you lose, you are responsible for any and all costs of the person you tried to sue if you lose your case. You'd see how fast these phony lawsuits would stop.

What I see is a once strong country getting weaker and weaker. The only advantage to being older these days is we won't be around for the final collapse of this country.

Loser pays the legal fees is the law in many states. And so what?

The reason lawsuits don’t change the way police behave is because the cops don’t pay. The city does. Hence the politics. When someone else is responsible for your mistakes they get to make the rules.

At my job. If I screw up and damage property or injure someone my boss has to pay the lawsuit. My boss consequently gets to decide how I am supposed to do my job. He is responsible for any damage I do.

You call it politics. But in reality it is the only way it works unless you individually will be responsible for any mistakes you make. If the individual cop is going to be held responsible individually then he gets to decide what and how he does things.

Doctors are limited in the types of care they can provide by insurance companies that pay their malpractice settlements.

Car drivers are limited. Their insurance won’t cover them if they say the car won’t be used for work and they crash delivering pizza.

But when it comes to cops it is outrageous.

So in your theoretically perfect country. Will you have cops held individually responsible for any wrongdoing? If the jury finds against them will the cop pay or the city? If you say city than you have exactly the same situation you decry right now.

If you say the cops, you are a radical expecting under paid and overworked cops to have to purchase insurance to protect themselves from lawsuits.

So what say you? City pays and political interference? Or cops pay and the first lawsuit bankrupts them?

Yeah, he was appointed during the Trump administration, so he leans left! Dumbass!
And now he’s biden’s man

thats how politics works

STFU. Just because you are wrong doesn't make everyone else guilty. dumbass!
You are very late to this story and are not adding anything except your grumpy attitude

Bullshit! You just keep repeating your lies and invalid arguments.
do you have any comment on this story?

after refusing to tell the driver WHY he was being pulled over.
Telling him why he was pulled over would not have convinced him to obey the cops lawful order to get out of his car

bullshit. if he honestly didn't know why - because he had done NOTHING wrong - AND given the atmosphere ... being a black dude these days seems to be a terminal illness - AND he put his own phone on to record because of that quandry, AND - being in the military, he certainly understands justifide 'commands'.

AND since the cop was fired because he LIED on the report about a few things that didn't go down, AND he was basically screwed & he knew it because he tried to worm his way outa the bad call....

says you are on the wrong side of this.

Here we are again with the argument that unless we allow the police to do whatever they want we can't have police.

We are going to find out that is not true. There is no reason to pull a gun on someone for wanting to find a safe spot to pull over.

Police only pull out their gun for one reason, and that is in preparation to defend themselves. They were unsure of why he pulled over in that gas station, why he didn't have a visible plate until they walked right up to the vehicle, and why he was refusing their commands.

sooooooooooooooo... he pulls into an extremely LIT gas station - where, not only everyone in the immediate vicinity could see - but also driver's by - might have some nefarious motive? ray ray ... wtf is wrong with you? you threw way yer critical thinking cap, didn't you?

Here we are again with the argument that unless we allow the police to do whatever they want we can't have police.

We are going to find out that is not true. There is no reason to pull a gun on someone for wanting to find a safe spot to pull over.

Police only pull out their gun for one reason, and that is in preparation to defend themselves. They were unsure of why he pulled over in that gas station, why he didn't have a visible plate until they walked right up to the vehicle, and why he was refusing their commands.

Their own interviews state that was not true. Get a clue, Ray!

Yeah, he was appointed during the Trump administration, so he leans left! Dumbass!
And now he’s biden’s man

thats how politics works

STFU. Just because you are wrong doesn't make everyone else guilty. dumbass!
You are very late to this story and are not adding anything except your grumpy attitude

Bullshit! You just keep repeating your lies and invalid arguments.
do you have any comment on this story?

Start a thread on it. I a sticking to the topic, unlike some people.

Forum List

Back