Officer suspended for hitting woman...but who hit who first?

She got so close to his face that it can be nothing but her intent to make contact in an offensive way. She certainly intended to walk right up to his face.

It is legalistic bullying. She was in the wrong, but now, due to her use of her racial privilege, she can cost that man his job, maybe his career.

Next time, some black woman acts like that, cops will know, better bow down before your superiors, and let her go, or you will face consequences.

This is how civilizations die. Those with the spine to fight for it, are destroyed, leaving behind an empty shell of pretty uniforms and weakness.

It is legalistic bullying. She was in the wrong, but now, due to her use of her racial privilege, she can cost that man his job, maybe his career.

Next time, some black woman acts like that, cops will know, better bow down before your superiors, and let her go, or you will face consequences.

This is how civilizations die. Those with the spine to fight for it, are destroyed, leaving behind an empty shell of pretty uniforms and weakness.
Or, he can let her make contact, then arrest her for felony battery and a hate crime, and he gets to keep his job AND she never votes again, after a nice vacation in the slammer.

Or, he can let her make contact, then arrest her for felony battery and a hate crime, and he gets to keep his job AND she never votes again, after a nice vacation in the slammer.

In a sane fucking world, people would look at that video, and go, "Jesus Christ" wtf is wrong with her" and that would be the end of it.

She would go home, with a black eye, hopefully wiser for it.

We are not a society of robots, acting out written laws. The body language of coming that close to a person, while verbally abusing them, is a Threat of violence.

In an older and wiser world, women did not act that way, because men (and women) were taught that men were not supposed to hit women and in return women were to behave in a more restrained manner.

This is the breakdown of that. She violates the rules and he gets punished.

Getting up in a cop's face and making threats is assault. When you get so close that your forehead bumps his chin, you committed battery on a uniformed police officer, which is a 3rd degree felony.

If you are going to charge a felony, you have to have solid evidence. It's hard to tell if there is actual contact, therefore reasonable doubt, and it wasn't intentional. The disorderly conduct was intentional though.

In a sane fucking world, people would look at that video, and go, "Jesus Christ" wtf is wrong with her" and that would be the end of it.

She would go home, with a black eye, hopefully wiser for it.

We are not a society of robots, acting out written laws. The body language of coming that close to a person, while verbally abusing them, is a Threat of violence.

In an older and wiser world, women did not act that way, because men (and women) were taught that men were not supposed to hit women and in return women were to behave in a more restrained manner.

This is the breakdown of that. She violates the rules and he gets punished.
It's deeper than that.

Society is boiling over and a war is imminent. Get ready for things to get really bad. Save your ammo.

Yes, she bumped him with her forehead. That is assault.

His response was wrong and unnecessary, but this bitch ain't innocent. She should be charged with assault.
I watched the video 3 times and I could not see her head hit him. Are you seeing hat you want to see? I do agree that his response was unprofessional. But it was also unwarranted.

And that's the point protesters against police brutality are making.

If you are going to charge a felony, you have to have solid evidence.
No more than any other criminal charge. There is no distinction between felonies and misdemeanors on the standard of proof. Both are beyond reasonable doubt.

It's hard to tell if there is actual contact, therefore reasonable doubt, and it wasn't intentional.
The act of walking up to his face was intentional.

If I intentionally act like I am going to punch you, and it causes you to be apprehensive, that is legally an assault. If my fist accidentally hits your face in the process, it doesn't' matter whether I intended to actually make contact. I intended to commit an assault, so the intent element is met. That is felony battery.

There's another cop standing right there as a witness.

The disorderly conduct was intentional though.
See my comments above about intent.

I watched the video 3 times and I could not see her head hit him. Are you seeing hat you want to see? I do agree that his response was unprofessional. But it was also unwarranted.

And that's the point protesters against police brutality are making.
My computer monitor is a 55 inch 4K TV. I watched it up close at least 10 times. It looks like the cop was waiting for the very second she touched him. She did so almost an instant before he slapped her. You can see her hair go behind his mask as her forehead touches his chin.

All that cop had to do was not react that way, and this is all over. But he blew it. Now she gets to act like a fucking animal and gets to play the victim.

She was WRONG to argue with the officer like that.

She was WRONG to get in his face.

That said, you just can't justify slapping her. He could have backed up away from her, he could have warned her. Then arrested her.

It may feel good to bitch slap her, but as an officer, you just can't do that just because someone gets in your face talking shit. You are a public servant. If you are going to lose your job, then you might as well really let her have it good.
You nailed it. Good post.

My computer monitor is a 55 inch 4K TV. I watched it up close at least 10 times. It looks like the cop was waiting for the very second she touched him. She did so almost an instant before he slapped her. You can see her hair go behind his mask as her forehead touches his chin.

All that cop had to do was not react that way, and this is all over. But he blew it. Now she gets to act like a fucking animal and gets to play the victim.
You claimed she assaulted him. Pretty flimsy evidence to make that call. Assaulting an officer is felony assault.

You claimed she assaulted him. Pretty flimsy evidence to make that call. Assaulting an officer is felony assault.
No it's not. Battery is, but not assault.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/0784.07the offense for which the person is charged shall be reclassified as follows:
(a) In the case of assault, from a misdemeanor of the second degree to a misdemeanor of the first degree.

Florida distinguishes Assault from Battery. (Texas does not, so everything is assault.)

She bullied that officer and her weapon was PCness. She was in the wrong, she threatened and provoked him and now he loses his job, if not his career while she gets away with being a subhuman piece of shit.

She bullied that officer and her weapon was PCness. She was in the wrong, she threatened and provoked him and now he loses his job, if not his career while she gets away with being a subhuman piece of shit.
Did the officer do anything wrong? Was his reaction professional and exemplary of reasonable policing?

The only way to keep these situations from happening repeatedly in the future is to throw the fucking book at that piece of shit and charge her with a felony. Make her beat the rap. Make it public. Make it national.

Did the officer do anything wrong? Was his reaction professional and exemplary of reasonable policing?
Yes. His job is to maintain composure in the face of lawlessness. He failed. He has demonstrated that he does not have the temperament for the job. He needs to do something else, and the cops that do have the right temperament need to be paid better.

At the same time, this woman CANNOT be seen getting away with this shit. It will result in WAY MORE VIOLENCE. It must be nipped in the bud RIGHT HERE!!!

Forum List

Back