Officer suspended for hitting woman...but who hit who first?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Officer suspended after video shows him hitting woman at Florida airport

In the video, which was posted on Twitter by South Florida filmmaker Billy Corbin, shows a Miami-Dade police officer, who was wearing a face mask, speaking to a Black woman inside an airport terminal on Wednesday.

The woman, who was not wearing a face mask, becomes irate, saying, “You acting like you white when you really Black...what you want to do?” She approaches the officer, and puts her face right next to his, the video shows. The officer then punches her in the face.

“She headbutted me,” the officer says as says as other officers rush in to handcuff her.
Video at link.

This woman was irate about a flight she was to be on. She screamed at the officer, getting closer and closer until her head hit his. She was definitely the aggressor. Should this officer be suspended? Should that woman be arrested? I'll be damned if she gets a penny in a lawsuit.

She never headbutted him. He had the right to tell her she would not board the plane but he did not have the right to strike her like this.

Before the proliferation of video nothing would have been done to him.

She didn't headbutt him. The police are caught lying again. If not for the video, she would have been convicted of a violent assault on police.

She didn't headbutt him. The police are caught lying again. If not for the video, she would have been convicted of a violent assault on police.
Wait..I don't follow you. You say she did not head but him, but then you say she would have been convicted of a violent assault.

In the video, which was posted on Twitter by South Florida filmmaker Billy Corbin, shows a Miami-Dade police officer, who was wearing a face mask, speaking to a Black woman inside an airport terminal on Wednesday.

The woman, who was not wearing a face mask, becomes irate, saying, “You acting like you white when you really Black...what you want to do?” She approaches the officer, and puts her face right next to his, the video shows. The officer then punches her in the face.

“She headbutted me,” the officer says as says as other officers rush in to handcuff her.
Video at link.

This woman was irate about a flight she was to be on. She screamed at the officer, getting closer and closer until her head hit his. She was definitely the aggressor. Should this officer be suspended? Should that woman be arrested? I'll be damned if she gets a penny in a lawsuit.

THIS is what happens when black Americans believe they will suffer no consequences for their loud verbalized racism against white Americans. Frankly, I imagine that "slap" from sound to stinging of palm felt incredibly good. Obviously the police officer knee jerk reacted to this black woman's racist slur against his lineage. While he should have maintained his professional bearing at all times, he was in essence doing his job. Another example of black folk thinking their "Ghost Dance" armor makes them invulnerable. A quite satisfying video to watch, I must confess.

Video at link.

I'm still having hard time to locate the woman in the video, can someone help, please?

She never headbutted him. He had the right to tell her she would not board the plane but he did not have the right to strike her like this.

Before the proliferation of video nothing would have been done to him.
I agree, but she also had no right to get that close to his face.

SHE was instigating the incident. She was trying to get a response. He was stupid to fall for it and is likely not fit for the job, but this bitch is no saint. She assaulted him first.

784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statu...) An “assault”,that such violence is imminent.

Video at link.

She was WRONG to argue with the officer like that.

She was WRONG to get in his face.

That said, you just can't justify slapping her. He could have backed up away from her, he could have warned her. Then arrested her.

It may feel good to bitch slap her, but as an officer, you just can't do that just because someone gets in your face talking shit. You are a public servant. If you are going to lose your job, then you might as well really let her have it good.

Last edited:
Yes, she bumped him with her forehead. That is assault.

His response was wrong and unnecessary, but this bitch ain't innocent. She should be charged with assault.

There is no "acceptable" level of violence against cops. You don't TOUCH a cop, much less get in their faces. When will you stupid fuckers learn this?

Maybe a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct would have been appropriate, but in no way did she deserve a felony for a headbutt.

I agree, but she also had no right to get that close to his face.

SHE was instigating the incident. She was trying to get a response. He was stupid to fall for it and is likely not fit for the job, but this bitch is no saint. She assaulted him first.

784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statu...) An “assault”,that such violence is imminent.

I'm not sure anyone said she was a saint. I noted he had every right to tell her she wasn't going to get on any plane.

Forum List

Back