CT Vivian was 1 of Dr King’s closest advisors, a field general in his movement for civil rights &receiver of the medal of freedom from President Obama

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
rest in peace

EdJGNqyXkAAvajl

• Banned
“This is what made the movement; our voice was really heard. But it didn’t happen by accident; we made certain it was heard.” — Reverend C. T. Vivian

• Banned
I am not a religious man however, your work truly make the gospel of Christ “Real” to a person “of the world” like me. Your courage & fight on behalf of the people vs the sanctioned evil of the state under the name “Segregation or Jim Crow” aka Apartheid are Christ like and worthy of high honor and praise.

I am not a religious man however, your work truly make the gospel of Christ “Real” to a person “of the world” like me. Your courage & fight on behalf of the people vs the sanctioned evil of the state under the name “Segregation or Jim Crow” aka Apartheid are Christ like and worthy of high honor and praise.
If he was there, he deserves a proper shout out. He stayed out of the limelight it appears and did not market himself like others have. Rest in Peace.

• Banned
"God has a way signaling a shift into a new season of time. This tumultuous era is an invitation for us to take heed of the lessons of our ancestors and step into our greatness. The passing of CTV And JL (on the same day) is a major signal for us as we step into a new era. It’s a spiritual signifier—a changing of the guard. Are we willing to learn, understand and emulate the best of us as we define this new era in time?" - President Obama

• Banned
we should lament that this nation continues to require their kind of heroism

LBJ was a racist asshole long before now.

Of course just about every American President has been a racist including that Obama asshole and Lincoln.

"We stand on the shoulders of giants. Like Rev CT Vivian. An apostle of nonviolence, freedom rider, adviser to Dr. King and mighty man of God" - President Obama

"when you protest, when you march, you feel a mixture of fear and excitement. There's a stirring inside, the sense of power beyond you, of a calling, a mission. That's a strong feeling, and it helps calm the soul" - CT Vivian

listening to Vivian talk calms my soul, just like listening to MLK or Cornel West!

Forum List

Back