Odd Topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lastamender

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2011
Your post in the thread Epicurious is righting cultural wrongs one recipe at a time was deleted. Reason: odd topic
I posted something like this:
How long will right wingers be here? How long before we are banned or comments deleted? Twitter and Facebook just did it. How far does the influence go, and why are people on either side putting up with it, let alone gloating.

Do realize how totally un American it is for you people screaming "traitors". Time to look in mirror. This is politics because unfortunately everything is and that is by design.

Your post in the thread Epicurious is righting cultural wrongs one recipe at a time was deleted. Reason: odd topic
How long will right wingers be here? How long before we are banned or comments deleted? Twitter and Facebook just did it. How far does the influence go, and why are people on either side putting up with it, let alone gloating.

Do realize how totally un American it is for you people screaming "traitors". Time to look in mirror. This is politics because unfortunately everything is and that is by design.

The answer to your question is Byzantine in its complexity. However, when reduced to its most basic moving parts, the fundamental cause becomes quite clear—if not next to impossible for most Americans to swallow. Whatever flaws tainted the man, Donald Trump became an iconic representation for tens, perhaps hundreds of millions of people, of resistance to human and inhuman evil. Whilst he was certainly no messiah, his image alone came to align with that of Christ himself, insofar as Christ is also a universal symbol of resisting evil. What I am getting at is ours is a time of end times level evil rising and spreading across the face of the Earth. The vision of tens of millions of Americans who voted against Trump was clouded somehow by forces of evil many people will never understand, let alone acknowledge or believe in. Millions and millions of Americans and other people around the world are cheering for their own authoritarian oppression and they don't even know why or how their minds turned against them. I suppose it is meant to be this way. However, even armed with such foreknowledge, it is all a very bitter pill to swallow.

Here’s the kicker. While Google and Apple say that Parler is an “ongoing and urgent public safety threat” for promoting freedom of speech, countless prominent and dangerous figures are allowed to remain on the site and actively promote violence.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, violent dictator of Iran is allowed to openly call for the destruction of Israel and the death of Americans. He’s not banned for “inciting violence.”

How about the Chinese Communist Party officials and propagandists who are directly responsible for and actively promote modern day slavery and the hostile overthrow of free nations? They aren’t banned for “inciting violence.”
Again, look at what some of you are gloating about. Unbelievable.

Should have been "Off Topic". Next time pm a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back