Ocasio Says The Bright Side To The Shutdown Is She Has Time To Make Trouble

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Democrats must think it's funny that they put a Domestic Terrorist in the US House Of Representatives.

ocasio_cortez_laughs_getty.jpg

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says the shutdown has given her time to 'make trouble'

The many downsides to the record-breaking government shutdown are well known, whether it be the 800,000 government workers going without pay, trash piling up in our national parks, planes not being properly inspected — and the list goes on. But on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Monday, U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was looking at the bright side: It gave her the time to try to chase down Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell after he blocked from ever reaching the Senate floor a House-passed bill that could have reopened the government.

Along with a few other freshman representatives, Ocasio-Cortez searched for McConnell at his office, at the Cloak Room — which she described as “kind of like a snack room for Republicans” — the Senate floor and his Senate office. They never did find him, but they left letters at each place telling him to take the bill to the floor for a vote.

Ocasio-Cortez also had the opportunity to teach some of her less tech-savvy colleagues a thing or two about social media, and her lessons were pretty simple. “Rule No. 1 is to be authentic, to be yourself, and don’t try to be anyone that you’re not,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “So don’t try to talk like a young kid if you’re not a young kid. Don’t post a meme if you don’t know what a meme is.” She added, “Don’t talk like the founding fathers on Twitter. If you’re a mom that likes to garden, talk like a mom that likes to garden.”

But one thing Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have time to do is worry about the criticism of her, even from those in her own party. Some Democrats have taken issue with her meteoric rise, others with how she intends to vote. But Ocasio-Cortez made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t care. When Colbert asked her how many Fs she gives, from none to some, the answer was of course zero." data-reactid="32">But one thing Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have time to do is worry about the criticism of her, even from those in her own party. Some Democrats have taken issue with her meteoric rise, others with how she intends to vote. But Ocasio-Cortez made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t care. When Colbert asked her how many Fs she gives, from none to some, the answer was of course zero.​

Last edited:
Everyone on the left thinks this is some big joke, but putting idiots like this POS in Congress only encourages our kids to act up.....to break the law.

Course that has been the plan all along.

solutions, not excuses.

blue States could advance the notion of picking up the federal slack, on an at-will underemployment basis.

And the zombie rises yet again.
nothing but repeal from the right wing; zombies have more solutions.

Probably more than you have posted. You have excuses and clauses, but you're clueless and causeless.
zombies are more effective than that.

solutions, not excuses.

blue States could advance the notion of picking up the federal slack, on an at-will underemployment basis.

Probably more than you have posted. You have excuses and clauses, but you're clueless and causeless.

You just admitted zombies are more effective than you are.

Democrats must think it's funny that they put a Domestic Terrorist in the US House Of Representatives.

The many downsides to the record-breaking government shutdown are well known, whether it be the 800,000 government workers going without pay, trash piling up in our national parks, planes not being properly inspected — and the list goes on. But on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Monday, U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was looking at the bright side: It gave her the time to try to chase down Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell after he blocked from ever reaching the Senate floor a House-passed bill that could have reopened the government.

Along with a few other freshman representatives, Ocasio-Cortez searched for McConnell at his office, at the Cloak Room — which she described as “kind of like a snack room for Republicans” — the Senate floor and his Senate office. They never did find him, but they left letters at each place telling him to take the bill to the floor for a vote.

Ocasio-Cortez also had the opportunity to teach some of her less tech-savvy colleagues a thing or two about social media, and her lessons were pretty simple. “Rule No. 1 is to be authentic, to be yourself, and don’t try to be anyone that you’re not,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “So don’t try to talk like a young kid if you’re not a young kid. Don’t post a meme if you don’t know what a meme is.” She added, “Don’t talk like the founding fathers on Twitter. If you’re a mom that likes to garden, talk like a mom that likes to garden.”

But one thing Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have time to do is worry about the criticism of her, even from those in her own party. Some Democrats have taken issue with her meteoric rise, others with how she intends to vote. But Ocasio-Cortez made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t care. When Colbert asked her how many Fs she gives, from none to some, the answer was of course zero." data-reactid="32">But one thing Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have time to do is worry about the criticism of her, even from those in her own party. Some Democrats have taken issue with her meteoric rise, others with how she intends to vote. But Ocasio-Cortez made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t care. When Colbert asked her how many Fs she gives, from none to some, the answer was of course zero.​
I'm so old I remember when AOC was against taking a shutdown paycheck before she was for it.

when I was young-----vacation from school meant-----DOING MY PART TIME JOB-----I was delighted---I would notify the hospital in which I did GIRL FRIDAY type work------and I would
be SCHEDULED UP -----it got me thru school with ----well ----not so much loan burden

solutions, not excuses.

they have better solutions than the right wing; even zombies can have nothing but repeal.

they have better solutions than the right wing; even zombies can have nothing but repeal.

And your solutions come in third. I swear, shooting fish in a barrel is easier. I'm wasting my time. You ARE the weakest link, goodbye.

D1139F13-B9C9-4614-B49A-FA3D65B66393.jpeg
A0E69771-AEAE-49FF-B6BF-EA3467B64BCF.jpeg
F97D41EF-D854-4D94-BAD6-6782362831D5.jpeg
AC4EE7B6-66E4-420E-AD73-EB3E83914A24.jpeg
A76B2D78-2AE2-4FA7-B719-495F9B6E2696.jpeg
38F1C0D4-979E-4C60-886C-C4D0FC2E22F1.jpeg
24E75707-F710-4020-8709-83CECC9BAD9C.jpeg

I love AOC. Give her time. Her star will fall and she will be gone.

This is what you call a terrorist?
Talk about delusional dystopia..

when I was young-----vacation from school meant-----DOING MY PART TIME JOB-----I was delighted---I would notify the hospital in which I did GIRL FRIDAY type work------and I would
be SCHEDULED UP -----it got me thru school with ----well ----not so much loan burden
Admit it, when you were young there was nothing to do but work...

I'm so old I remember when AOC was against taking a shutdown paycheck before she was for it.
A law says she must be paid just like the president..

Everyone on the left thinks this is some big joke, but putting idiots like this POS in Congress only encourages our kids to act up.....to break the law.

Course that has been the plan all along.
How many laws have your kids broken so far?
Mine? None, damn underproductive underachievers...

A law says she must be paid just like the president..
The President makes $1 a year.

Forum List

Back