Obliterated (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This eight episode action comedy had so much potential. It starts out great, but quickly wears thin. Three episodes in, it really starts to drag and the jokes are really tiresome. They should have cut this show down to half its length.

There is a lot of gratuitous sex, and way too many penises (which are obviously prosthetic). That's not what drags the show down, though.

This was meant to be satire, but they just don't pull it off.

Two Navy SEALs (one of whom is a black gay foodie), a "tech chick", a lesbian Marine sharpshooter (with a fantastic pair of tits, I must say), an Army EOD, and a CIA agent are formed to find and deactivate a suitcase nuke intended to obliterate Las Vegas.

In my opinion, it would be no great loss if Vegas was nuked.

The Army EOD guy who deactivates the bomb is played by C. Thomas Howell who totally steals the show...when he is conscious.

After their success, the special ops team decides to get...obliterated. They imbibe every mind-altering substance they can get their paws on. While in this altered state, they are informed the nuke was a fake and the real one is still out there, and will explode in nine hours.

Nine hours. Yeah, that makes sense. Sure. Which gives us an excuse to stretch this disaster to eight hour-long episodes as these drugged-out zombies stumble from one fuckup to another.

The suitcase nuke changes hands more often than a hooker on Saturday night.

The first two episodes are great. Then it goes rapidly downhill from there.

Watch the first episode just for C. Thomas Howell's performance.

Last edited:
It looks pretty "Meh" to me OP.

Your assessment is probably spot on.

Netflix has gone to crap. I'm not sure how they dropped the ball so hard, but they did.

a bit of it is OK

1702063607380.png

Netflix has gone to crap. I'm not sure how they dropped the ball so hard, but they did.
Netflix had a monopoly. Now they have to compete for product. A lot of new streaming services have entered the market. And some of them took back their intellectual property from Netflix.

HBO, Disney, MGM put big dents in Neflix's catalog.

Forum List

Back