Obama's Philosophy

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
I don't think this man understands reality at all.
I listened to him on his first campaign trail last week and he said that he wants to live in a society that is fair.
Life is NOT FAIR OBAMA.
We will never have a society that is fair. Not as long as there is greed and evil in this world.
When he said this, it told me that he has book intelligence but no common sense.
Why would any American want to re elect this man who's ideology doesn't work in the real world?
PLEASE DON"T BE STUPID AMERICA AND BUY IN TO HIS PIE IN THE SKY IDEAS
DON'T REELECT HIM!
His philosophy will never work and it will turn us into a 3rd world nation. :evil:

Yes I do take issue with it
That is my point
Life itself is unfair.
We will never live in a society that is fair.
Society will always be unfair to some degree. We can strive for a better life and work on our problems but we will never be able to wipe out greed and evil from some people.

He said he wants to live a society that is fair, and you take issue with that?

Would you prefer to live in a society that is unfair?

The reality is, life isn't fair. Would you rather live in reality?

Indeed, life is not fair.

If I had a preference, I would prefer to live in a fair world. in light of that, I would prefer policies that create more fairness to policies that create less fairness.

Perhaps you would prefer the opposite?

We ALL live in reality. However, to do so, without hoping for better, is pretty sad. Just my .02.

Hoping for better is good, hoping for the impossible is foolish.

Seriously, do you actually think that there will ever be a fair society? With all the class warfare, racism etc... that exists. I think your living in fantasy land. What may be fair to you does not mean other will feel the same way. There will always be envy, animosity, jealousy etc.. in a country with 300+ million people.

Wise up!

That is my point
Life itself is unfair.
We will never live in a society that is fair.
Society will always be unfair to some degree. We can strive for a better life and work on our problems but we will never be able to wipe out greed and evil from some people.

So you agree with the president that we should strive for a better life and work on our problems?

<Ya know, things like "leveling the playing field">

We ALL live in reality. However, to do so, without hoping for better, is pretty sad. Just my .02.

Seriously, do you actually think that there will ever be a fair society? With all the class warfare, racism etc... that exists. I think your living in fantasy land. What may be fair to you does not mean other will feel the same way. There will always be envy, animosity, jealousy etc.. in a country with 300+ million people.

Wise up!

The president said he would prefer to live a fair society. It's amazing that the rightwing has become so tied up in its own rhetoric that it would argue against striving towards a more fair society in order to preserve a less fair one.

Well not with that attitude it won't....So what? Just give up? You agree that some are greedy to the extreme and that in and of itself is not good (not going to say evil) Platitudes like "Well that's just the natural way of it" take hold as conventional wisdom when no one challenges it.

If you give up in a forfeit because you have been convinced that its not in your best interest to stand up for yourself you and yours will always just be paying rent on the American dream.

Last edited:

If I had a preference, I would prefer to live in a fair world. in light of that, I would prefer policies that create more fairness to policies that create less fairness.

Fairness is subjective.

What may be seen as fair to you may be viewed as unfair to others.

Leveling the playing field does not work. Individualism, good education, giving a hand up and not a hand out is what helps people to become successful.

Leveling the playing field does not work. Individualism, good education, giving a hand up and not a hand out is what helps people to become successful.

Freeing the slaves didn't level the playing field and make us a more fair society?

Desegregating the lunch counter didn't level the playing field and make us a more fair society?

Allowing women to vote didn't level the playing field and make us a more fair society?

Perhaps we should quit all of those things since all they do is make society more fair, and Republitarians don't want that.

Fairness is subjective.

What may be seen as fair to you may be viewed as unfair to others.

Fairness is not purely subjective. I *think* we can all agree that slavery was objectively unfair.

Wise up!

The president said he would prefer to live a fair society. It's amazing that the rightwing has become so tied up in its own rhetoric that it would argue against striving towards a more fair society in order to preserve a less fair one.

Actually he said "I want to live in a society that's fair,". If you're going to defend his sentiment, at least be honest.

As I said before "fair" is subjective. Is it fair to take hard earned money from one group while another group pays in nothing? And then to top it all off to demand even more money from the very people that are already paying 70 percent of federal income taxes.

That's what Obama wants to do. So tell me. What's fair about that?

Well not with that attitude it won't....So what? Just give up? You agree that some are greedy to the extreme and that in and of itself is not good (not going to say evil) Platitudes like "Well that's just the natural way of it" take hold as conventional wisdom when no one challenges it.

If you give up in a forfeit because you have been convinced that its not in your best interest to stand up for yourself you and yours will always just be paying rent on the American dream.

Where did I say give up?
I never said greedy to the extreme.
What part of strive for the better did you not get?
Never said that is the natural way of it. I said it is reality.

I don't think this man understands reality at all.
I listened to him on his first campaign trail last week and he said that he wants to live in a society that is fair.
Life is NOT FAIR OBAMA.
We will never have a society that is fair. Not as long as there is greed and evil in this world.
When he said this, it told me that he has book intelligence but no common sense.
Why would any American want to re elect this man who's ideology doesn't work in the real world?
PLEASE DON"T BE STUPID AMERICA AND BUY IN TO HIS PIE IN THE SKY IDEAS
DON'T REELECT HIM!
His philosophy will never work and it will turn us into a 3rd world nation. :evil:

Its symbolism over substance he's so utterly mired in the liberal dogma that he has no ability to do much more then mouth the standard lines and lies.

Forum List

Back