Obama’s Failure to Adequately Respond to the 2008 Crisis Still Haunts American Politics Today, after it created and led to the rise of Trump

I don't buy blaming Obama, as the crash started in September before the election in November and Obama coming into office in January. I do blame the Democrats as a whole and Hillary in particular for the US getting Trump for 4 years. Republicans had a ready-made villain in Hillary, and recent scandal while she was Secretary of State, even if the Republicans in charge could not prosecute any case against her, they could and did hang it her handling around her throat like a dead chicken. With such low approval, the republicans did not have to run anybody worth a crap, so they didn't. Running a person most of the country starts out not wanting, lets the other party play to the lowest common denominator and what starts as somebody just running for the publicity, while dealing with the Russians on building a high-rise hotel in Moscow, right up to accepting the nomination with aid of Russian intelligence and a large multistate add buy, based on shared internal polling, using social media was enough to win the day, and the rest is history. Independent (like me) had no intention of voting for Hillary. Many like me went 3rd party to avoid voting for either of the two horrible candidates.
Some good points save for the Russian crap.

Why was it Obama's failure rather than the lockstep Republicans who refused to vote for anything that was going to help the country?
Democrat crime gang: "We're not a crime gang - the OTHER crime gang is a crime gang!!!"

Pretending that the Democrats are anything other than conservative corporate psychopaths is as pathetic as it it dangerous to decency.

And Obama also belongs in prison for life; he's a horrenedous war crininal.

Your lack of insight is astounding. Yes, Trump exposed them for what they are. But the real crooks are the ones who stole the election. And there was no damned "insurgency." You got your demented, incontinent, incompetent President, didn't you?
There was no stealing the election. Trump's final attempt on Jan 6 failed. That is why we got Joe Biden, as the majority of the country voted.

No the crash started 2 years earlier when Obama was a Senator and Dems took control of congress and intentionally crashed the economy just to win in 2008. Now you know who's fault it was, Dems.
I held George W (the son-of-a-Bush) responsible, and still do, as he was the one in charge for 8 years, while he spent his time starting a 20 year war in the Middle East and Southwest Asia instead of watching the economy and the fast and loose swapping of securities (without security) in the banking and financial industry.

The '08 crisis propelled Barry Hussein into the W.H. When democrats won the majority in congress in Bush's 2nd term Barney Frank became the chairperson of the powerful House Banking Committee which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae. Frank insisted that Fannie was solvent until it wasn't and it collapsed bringing down the world's economy. Amazingly nobody ever asked Frank what the hell he was doing. It's likely that the collapse of Fannie was planned as the biggest October surprise in history.
If the Independents would of known that the collapse was caused by Andrew Cuomo, the murderer of 10s of thousands of elderly in NY, Barry would never of been elected, even with all that "white guilt".

I held George W (the son-of-a-Bush) responsible, and still do, as he was the one in charge for 8 years, while he spent his time starting a 20 year war in the Middle East and Southwest Asia instead of watching the economy and the fast and loose swapping of securities (without security) in the banking and financial industry.
I'm no Bush fan but he actually tried to get Dems to stop multiple times and Dems refused, they took a wrecking ball to Fannie, Freddie and home mortgage qualifications. Then when the mortgage mess blew up in the Dem's face they went nuts blaming it on everyone else but Dems owned that.

I do hold Bush responsible for the utterly ridiculous LIE about how the Iraq war would only cost $70 billion and Iraqi oil would pay us back. And I hold the Rep's responsible for spending like there's no tomorrow as soon as they got power. That as much as anything led to the Rep's losing congress in 2006.

Since then honestly I just assume most all politicians in Washington are blithering idiots and liars.

Of course you do, because it was Andy Cujo, the killer who worked under Clinton. You are just a typical progressive slave who voted for Joe Biteme. Or should i say "Let's go Brandon".

Binet-Simon_scale.jpg

I don't buy blaming Obama, as the crash started in September before the election in November and Obama coming into office in January. I do blame the Democrats as a whole and Hillary in particular for the US getting Trump for 4 years. Republicans had a ready-made villain in Hillary, and recent scandal while she was Secretary of State, even if the Republicans in charge could not prosecute any case against her, they could and did hang it her handling around her throat like a dead chicken. With such low approval, the republicans did not have to run anybody worth a crap, so they didn't. Running a person most of the country starts out not wanting, lets the other party play to the lowest common denominator and what starts as somebody just running for the publicity, while dealing with the Russians on building a high-rise hotel in Moscow, right up to accepting the nomination with aid of Russian intelligence and a large multistate add buy, based on shared internal polling, using social media was enough to win the day, and the rest is history. Independent (like me) had no intention of voting for Hillary. Many like me went 3rd party to avoid voting for either of the two horrible candidates.

All eight of Obama's years he did all he could for the corporations. He refused to prosecute a single banker. He had his people lie to the country under oath. He spied on the media and the people. He started wars with lies. The poor fell further behind. What wasn't there to love?

I'm no Bush fan but he actually tried to get Dems to stop multiple times and Dems refused, they took a wrecking ball to Fannie, Freddie and home mortgage qualifications. Then when the mortgage mess blew up in the Dem's face they went nuts blaming it on everyone else but Dems owned that.

I do hold Bush responsible for the utterly ridiculous LIE about how the Iraq war would only cost $70 billion and Iraqi oil would pay us back. And I hold the Rep's responsible for spending like there's no tomorrow as soon as they got power. That as much as anything led to the Rep's losing congress in 2006.

Since then honestly I just assume most all politicians in Washington are blithering idiots and liars.
At least we agree on the war thing and about all the politicians in Washington being blithering idiots.

So are you happy with your President? Is he everything you expected?
No. He's pissing me off too, mostly on his handling of the border, but it was such an unnecessary unforce error, that he has not stopped, continues to blunder and may not be able to stop.

Of course you do, because it was Andy Cujo, the killer who worked under Clinton. You are just a typical progressive slave who voted for Joe Biteme. Or should i say "Let's go Brandon".

View attachment 558813
Understand you are a trump guy, but what is the Andy Cujo reference? Just did a search for it, but did not see it.

For the most part, no.
How so? Occupy Wall Street was replete with liberal elite frauds pretending to stay in the park overnight in “protest”. What did it accomplish?

Did it ever occur to you that liberal elite Democrats depend on Wall Street for donations? I suppose you believe those donations com from small business???

No. He's pissing me off too, mostly on his handling of the border, but it was such an unnecessary unforce error, that he has not stopped, continues to blunder and may not be able to stop.

Well at least you're an honest Democrat. Take care of yourself. :auiqs.jpg:

Well at least you're an honest Democrat. Take care of yourself. :auiqs.jpg:
Still not a democrat. Being an independent is why I can give an honest opinion. I don't owe either party jacksh#t.

Still not a democrat. Being an independent is why I can give an honest opinion. I don't owe either party jacksh#t.

But you voted for a Democrat, which makes you a Democrat. There's a joke somewhere in there about "just one goat."

But I won't repeat it because I already got dinged by a Mod for using that expression. So I'll just leave this here. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back