Obama's Eulogy for the Miners...

you know that someone normal would say that was EXACTLY when and where he should have said we need to keep these people from dying because of mining companies that refuse to obey regulations.

"someone normal"?...

:)

peace...

you know, someone who doesn't suffer from obama derangement syndrome. :razz:

I have Defended Barry on MORE than one Occassion...

True Story!
icon14.gif

peace...

"someone normal"?...

peace...

True Story!
icon14.gif

peace...

i kind of like the name barack, actually. it means the same as baruch in hebrew (blessed).

but fair enough. i think you got my point though. i think you're attributing something negative where nothing negative was intended at all.

same as bush when he stood in ground zero with his megaphone.

When I first arrived in USMB, and I know, I am still a 'newbie', I read some of your posts. You were a joke then, and you are now. Those like you have nothing of substance to add to any discussion and in my opinion, your only existence in here is to, malign others for their opinions, and unfortunantly for the rest of us, we have to endure your pathetic posting without foreseeable end. But that's okay, I and others with similar opinions are not going anywhere, so you can look forward to many more thrilling episodes of name calling and mudslinging which is your calling card and, apparently, your reason to live.
Please, if you want dialog, show up with some ammunition next time, your quite amusing.:lol:

Proof you are stupid and dishonest, right here in this post. I post in many topics with plenty of ammunition. And if you were smart, you'd know the difference between not liking the content of a speech, and how the speech was written and spoken. Obama is an amazing speaker, regardless of whether you like what he says or not.

You hacks never have any ammunition against Obama, just bitch and complain and call him names.

Hypocrite you are, whine about personal attacks, and do the same

Dr. Gregg
Hypocrite you are, whine about personal attacks, and do the same

Not hypocrite, just responding in the manner in which you are accustomed to. You want people to respond in a positive manner, then don't sling your bag of bullshit at them, otherwise, those like myself will sling it right back without hesitation.

I am sure you may be a nice person otherwise, but something happens in places like USMB. I will call it something like, the Jekyll and Hyde Effect. Nice people turn into complete idiots while sitting at their computers using all the 'keyboard kourage' they can muster. I for one tire of 'keyboard kommandos' and 'Political Penis Heads'such as yourself. They waste not only my time but others here who desire intelligent dialog. Sorry I just cannot do anything but 'make lite' of your attempts to insult me. Please go piss and moan somewhere where they give a shit. Thank You .......that is all. :lol:

again, hypocrite. YOu post idiotic comments, claiming Obama's speech writers suck just because you don't like what he says. Most would say he's a great speaker and speech writing is good. But continue to piss and moan about petty bullshit just because you are a partisan hack. You actually piss and moan, its oK. I point out the idiocy of your post, you claim I"m pissing and moaning. :lol:

And isn't this very post of your "pissing and moaning" about what I post :lol:

Oh the contradictions of the hacks

True Story!
icon14.gif

peace...

i kind of like the name barack, actually. it means the same as baruch in hebrew (blessed).

but fair enough. i think you got my point though. i think you're attributing something negative where nothing negative was intended at all.

Standing @ the Mine would have been Different...

In Context, Barry is ABUNDANTLY Anti-Coal...

He will Certainly Justify his Future Regulation on Coal and Possibly "Bankrupting" of it with his "Promise" at this Service to the Miners...

It's Disgusting to me, because I Know the History.

peace...

True Story!
icon14.gif

peace...

He will Certainly Justify his Future Regulation on Coal and Possibly "Bankrupting" of it with his "Promise" at this Service to the Miners...

peace...

i think your anger is misdirected and should be better directed at the mining companies. but it's cool.

What miserable fucking hacks.

The president of the united states speaks at a memmorial for the dead and promises to try and prevent any more deaths and you fools see it ONLY in a political light?

You have NO shame and are proving your party needs to continue shriveling until it disappears.

You hate everything about any shred of decency shown by OUR PRESIDENT.

This is why it is sooo obvious to people that you must be racists to have your instincts sooooo against anything he does.

Hell if he saved your child from drowning you would hate him for it

:cuckoo:

peace...

i think your anger is misdirected and should be better directed at the mining companies. but it's cool.

Great point....it was greed that killed those miners

Funny how a guy who never did a hard day's labor in his life is trying to connect with people who do.

Does a Priest, Pastor or Rabbi perform hard labor? But their profession is to console those who do.

This was a national tragedy, For the President of the United States to offer condolences is highly appropriate. For people to turn it into a political attack is highly inappropriate

So the president is the new national priest?

Funny how a guy who never did a hard day's labor in his life is trying to connect with people who do.

Does a Priest, Pastor or Rabbi perform hard labor? But their profession is to console those who do.

This was a national tragedy, For the President of the United States to offer condolences is highly appropriate. For people to turn it into a political attack is highly inappropriate

So the president is the new national priest?

We should light a candle in his honor.

candle.jpg

I think complaining about Obama's Eulogy Speech should be a centerpiece of the RNC election campaign for this November. All Republican candidates for office should make sure it is front and center in their campaign commercials.

What miserable fucking hacks.

The president of the united states speaks at a memmorial for the dead and promises to try and prevent any more deaths and you fools see it ONLY in a political light?

You have NO shame and are proving your party needs to continue shriveling until it disappears.

You hate everything about any shred of decency shown by OUR PRESIDENT.

This is why it is sooo obvious to people that you must be racists to have your instincts sooooo against anything he does.

Hell if he saved your child from drowning you would hate him for it

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-definitions-from-the-liberal-dictionary.html

:rofl:

peace...

I've seen it, the strength of that community. In the days that followed the disaster, e-mails and letters poured into the White House. Postmarked from different places, they often began the same way: "I am proud to be from a family of miners," "I am the son of a coal miner," "I am proud to be a coal miner's daughter." They were always proud. They asked me to keep our miners in my thoughts, and my prayers. Never forget, they say, miners keep America's lights on. And then in these letters they make a simple plea: Don't let this happen again. Don't let this happen again.

How can we fail them? How can a nation that relies on its miners not do everything in its power to protect them? How can we let anyone in this country put their lives at risk by simply showing up to work; by simply pursuing the American dream?

We cannot bring back the 29 men we lost. They are with the Lord now. Our task, here on Earth, is to save lives from being lost in another such tragedy. To do what we must do, individually and collectively, to assure safe conditions underground. To treat our miners like they treat each other - like a family. Because we are all family, and we are all Americans. And we have to lean on one another and look out for one another and love one another and pray for one another.

Obama's Eulogy at W. Va. Miners' Memorial - CBS News

I am not Surprised by this...

But as Veiled as it was, it still left a Bad Taste...

I was wondering if anyone else who Heard it was made just a little Uncomfortable by it.

Not just the Mild Politicking for Miner's "Safety" in this Venue, but also Barry's Anti-Coal Agenda that wasn't so Hidden in 2008 and before.

Also, those who are for Removing any and all References of God from Government, are you Tired of Hearing Barry Constantly Referring to God?...

In this Context, of course it's Appropriate, and I don't have an Issue with it, but I am Certain there are Separation of Church and Stater's who can't Stand it when he gets all Preachy.

What say you?

peace...

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I'm so sick of this. You people are so completely full of hatred for this man, it's becoming cultish. What would you be shrieking if he had just done a scripted WH message to the miner's families? How much howling would you have done if Obama had decided to personally visit the site of the disaster while the search for the missing was still underway? You would have been screeching that it was politically motivated. Oh wait. Even his attendance at the memorial service is being lambasted by the right as politically motiviated. Silly me.

Give it a rest, would ya? There are plenty of issues over which your "side" has a credible argument to be made. With this kind of picky shit, you only come across as spoiled little brats ganging up on the kid with the big ears. (Yes, pun intended.)

"Never let a crisis go to waste".

He will Refer back to this Eulogy when he goes After this Industry in an Official Capacity...

"I made a Promise to those Miner's Families, and I'm gonna keep it"...

^Bet!

peace...

You mean nobody has yet started a "truth" that Obama actually caused the disaster so he could make his case about dirty coal? Better get on that, Mal, while the story is still hot.

What a bunch of totally classless assholes infect USMB.

that is rich coming from all you all from 00 - 08 .... class was just oozing from the left ....

like puss from an infected wound.....

that said..i thought the O man gave a good speech ... but i expect no less of him .... he is a brilliant orator ....

"Never let a crisis go to waste".

He will Refer back to this Eulogy when he goes After this Industry in an Official Capacity...

"I made a Promise to those Miner's Families, and I'm gonna keep it"...

^Bet!

peace...

You mean nobody has yet started a "truth" that Obama actually caused the disaster so he could make his case about dirty coal? Better get on that, Mal, while the story is still hot.

nah cheeney / haliburton did it so obama could give a speech the right could mock him for and haliburton could get the no bid contract ....

Well, to make a couple of comments out of many to come from others I can see what I think is one error, in my opinion, from one of the statements.

Most days, they would emerge from the dark mine, squinting at the light.
Most days, they would emerge, sweaty and dirty and dusted with coal.
Most days, they'd come home. But not that day.

I would think the miners would emerge from these tasks Everyday, instead of using 'Most Days'.

I guess I am being too picky and am not the world's best orator/speechwriter myself so probably have no business criticizing some professional speechwriter, but it appeared not quite right to me.

Without going through the Psalm, "Valley of death" etc I think it should have been shorter and to the point without drifting, as I am doing right now.

He did show up at least. I think all of us feel a loss to varying degrees when any tragedy occurs to others, here or anywhere else.
Oh one more thing from his comments.........
How can we fail them? How can a nation that relies on its miners not do everything in its power to protect them? How can we let anyone in this country put their lives at risk by simply showing up to work; by simply pursuing the American dream?

How can we let anyone in this country put their lives at risk by simply showing up to work
Gee I suddenly think of the Military, Law enforcement, border patrol, Taxi Drivers and dozens of other jobs,where were his comments and concerns all along?

Well, it's NOT about just the miners that the government wants to protect, they want to protect ALL of US by passing laws that will constrict our abilities to perform 100% while we wade through waist high red tape.All in the name of Health- Safety- and For 'our' general welfare of course. Okay I am done for now, too much multitasking and my comments start to ramble and get disconnected.

Oh please. Comparing the dangers of mining to military or police work or taxi drivers? is stupid. This has been the second mining tragedy that occurred because safety precautions were NOT in place. If accidents happen within other hazardous discplines, they are usually the fault of human error or the subjects being in the line of fire, not massive negligence.

And yes, you're becoming disconnected. Let's just not have any safety laws at all. Let's not have ANY laws at all. After all, Americans are feeling so fucking burdened these days, in spite of the fact that we remain the luckiest members of the human race on earth.

Last edited:

And never mind his threats on the campaign trail regarding NEW Coal-Fired plants. He threatened their very livlihood.

Cap-N-Tax...BOLO.

He should have stayed HOME.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ]YouTube - SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY[/ame]

What a bunch of totally classless assholes infect USMB.

that is rich coming from all you all from 00 - 08 .... class was just oozing from the left ....

like puss from an infected wound.....

that said..i thought the O man gave a good speech ... but i expect no less of him .... he is a brilliant orator ....
Oozing for critcizing a president that started a bogus war that has killed americans and countless other civilians in Iraq, as well as spent tons of money? Death and destruction and murder in your book is not something worthy of criticism?

Over someone who is trying to help the AMERICAN economy and actual AMERICANs. At least we had something of substance to criticize Bush about, the Obama bashing started before he even did anything.

Well shit, I never got down and dirty in a mine either, but I sure can empathize with those who do and the families who lost loved ones. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back