Obamacare Is Over: Republicans Retain Senate

Trump needs to figure something out...Our healthcare system needs to be fixed and in away that is moral to tens of millions of people.

yes---I am confident (sorta) that trump will not make things worse than they are now

if the sociopath can't be trusted with a twitter account, you have to be a moron to trust him with the nuclear codes.

oh right...trumpsters.

Too early for policy debates I think.

He seems pragmatic enough. I think he will take the approach that “Your employer doesn’t pay for your car insurance or home insurance….why do they pay your health insurance?”

OH then the people who have employers pay share their health ins. will have a fit, hope that happens.

He seems pragmatic enough. I think he will take the approach that “Your employer doesn’t pay for your car insurance or home insurance….why do they pay your health insurance?”

OH then the people who have employers pay share their health ins. will have a fit, hope that happens.

Well, I’m just trying to put myself in his shoes. Look; if you were watching the US Healthcare system from Mars…you would have told your martian overlord “Very strange…the jobs New Yorkers have pays for their health insurance but not the other types”. The overlord would have asked you, “Do they pay for certain types of foods?” “Do they pay for certain types of furniture?” “Do they pay for certain types of entertainment”. You’d answer “no”. “Then why do New Yorkers expect their jobs to pay for their health insurance?”

I’m sure as a business owner, President Elect Trump was probably perplexed by the system where he would have this multi-million dollar burden added to his bottom line because it was the “way things were done”.

I’m certainly not hoping this happens but I can see him sitting in the Oval Office saying “Why not”?

Perhaps now we can move towards true free market care... with help of Trump it's possible.

Vouchers for the poor are the better way, too.

Well, I’m just trying to put myself in his shoes. Look; if you were watching the US Healthcare system from Mars…you would have told your martian overlord “Very strange…the jobs New Yorkers have pays for their health insurance but not the other types”. The overlord would have asked you, “Do they pay for certain types of foods?” “Do they pay for certain types of furniture?” “Do they pay for certain types of entertainment”. You’d answer “no”. “Then why do New Yorkers expect their jobs to pay for their health insurance?”

I’m sure as a business owner, President Elect Trump was probably perplexed by the system where he would have this multi-million dollar burden added to his bottom line because it was the “way things were done”.

I’m certainly not hoping this happens but I can see him sitting in the Oval Office saying “Why not”?

Besides the fact he thought his employees were in the ACA, and their are not, he might take a look at what he pays for his share of their insurance and say screw this. There was a no bpreexisting conditions exemptions before the ACA, and also copays were not part of OOP max, and did not count as deductibles. When these people who voted for Trump and get dx with something, good luck to them. Then again he hires low cost seasonal employers or subs work out. Then again he won't have employees right, he will take advice from his kids who do. Wonder if they will quit using China steal and Ivanka have her clothes made in the USA.

Perhaps now we can move towards true free market care... with help of Trump it's possible.

Vouchers for the poor are the better way, too.

with unfettered capitalism you'll be working in a sweat shop.

No, that would be you.

Also, I never talked about "unfettered capitalism". Just remove the crony... I think we can all agree on that. Also, I believe much better solutions arise if issues such as these are taken care of at the state or local level. It's called competition and diversity of ideas... the most important kind of diversity.

Besides the fact he thought his employees were in the ACA, and their are not, he might take a look at what he pays for his share of their insurance and say screw this. There was a preexisting conditions before the ACA, and also copay were not part of OOP max, and did not count as deductibles. When these people who voted for Trump and get dx with something, good luck to them. Then again he hires low cost seasonal employers or subs work out. Then again he won't have employees right, he will take advice from his kids who do. Wonder if they will quit using China steal and Ivanka have her clothes made in the USA.

I’m through with the “well he does this” phase of the election.

Besides the fact he thought his employees were in the ACA, and their are not, he might take a look at what he pays for his share of their insurance and say screw this. There was a preexisting conditions before the ACA, and also copay were not part of OOP max, and did not count as deductibles. When these people who voted for Trump and get dx with something, good luck to them. Then again he hires low cost seasonal employers or subs work out. Then again he won't have employees right, he will take advice from his kids who do. Wonder if they will quit using China steal and Ivanka have her clothes made in the USA.

I will never forget all the thing he has said.

will you know how to spell the words?

I don’t expect you to. But what does it matter now? He is the President and he will be until 2020 at the earliest.

The GOP could've passed a repeal but suddenly stopped trying when they got a majority .

It's all for show . Ain't going nowhere.

Well, now Obamacare sits squarely in the Republicans lap

Where in the past, all blame went to the Democrats for everything wrong with our healthcare system, now Republicans have to fix it

Cancel Obamacare? What do you do with 15 million people without insurance? What do you do about people with pre-existing conditions thrown into the open market? How do you keeps costs down?

You break it, you bought it

Last edited:
Well, now Obamacare sits squarely in Republicans lap

Where in the past, all blame went to the Democrats for everything wrong with our healthcare system, now Republicans have to fix it

Cancel Obamacare? What do you do with 15 million people without insurance? What do you do about people with pre-existing conditions thrown into the open market? How do you keeps costs down?

You break it, you bought it

Well said, and we'll be watching.

Obamacare is not going anywhere unless there is a replacement.

Much of what Trump promised is not doable without the votes from Congress and I doubt we will see that.

The GOP could've passed a repeal but suddenly stopped trying when they got a majority .

It's all for show . Ain't going nowhere.

B'loney. They knew that Obabble would veto it and that the Dems in the senate would not vote to override the veto.

What is Trump's vision for health care?

Health savings plans, he won't let people die in the street though. Read what Pence did in his state. The wealthy can careless about the middle class,
and oh those jobs are not coming back.

The jobs will return, the wall will be built, illegals will be deported, and stupid trade deals will be renegotiated. Just relax.

Just who do you think is going to pay for the tariffs on carrier AC and furnaces, the government? No , the consumers.

Health savings plans, he won't let people die in the street though. Read what Pence did in his state. The wealthy can careless about the middle class,
and oh those jobs are not coming back.

The jobs will return, the wall will be built, illegals will be deported, and stupid trade deals will be renegotiated. Just relax.
In your wildest dreams.

Trump won, you lost, its that simple.
Rigged, said so himself. (he won by the skin of his teeth)

Oh please he wiped Hillary off the map taking multiple blue states Hillary boasted were in the bag for her. Just admit you got your ass beat, its a beginning.

She won the popular vote, just like Gore. His administration was iffy at best, so probably rigged, like he said it was going to be.

Forum List

Back