Obamacare Is Over: Republicans Retain Senate

Too early for policy debates I think.

He seems pragmatic enough. I think he will take the approach that “Your employer doesn’t pay for your car insurance or home insurance….why do they pay your health insurance?”

OH then the people who have employers pay share their health ins. will have a fit, hope that happens.

Well, I’m just trying to put myself in his shoes. Look; if you were watching the US Healthcare system from Mars…you would have told your martian overlord “Very strange…the jobs New Yorkers have pays for their health insurance but not the other types”. The overlord would have asked you, “Do they pay for certain types of foods?” “Do they pay for certain types of furniture?” “Do they pay for certain types of entertainment”. You’d answer “no”. “Then why do New Yorkers expect their jobs to pay for their health insurance?”

I’m sure as a business owner, President Elect Trump was probably perplexed by the system where he would have this multi-million dollar burden added to his bottom line because it was the “way things were done”.

I’m certainly not hoping this happens but I can see him sitting in the Oval Office saying “Why not”?

Besides the fact he thought his employees were in the ACA, and their are not, he might take a look at what he pays for his share of their insurance and say screw this. There was a preexisting conditions before the ACA, and also copay were not part of OOP max, and did not count as deductibles. When these people who voted for Trump and get dx with something, good luck to them. Then again he hires low cost seasonal employers or subs work out. Then again he won't have employees right, he will take advice from his kids who do. Wonder if they will quit using China steal and Ivanka have her clothes made in the USA.

I’m through with the “well he does this” phase of the election.

I will never forget all the thing he has said.
Poor thing. You should leave the country.

The jobs will return, the wall will be built, illegals will be deported, and stupid trade deals will be renegotiated. Just relax.
In your wildest dreams.

Trump won, you lost, its that simple.
Rigged, said so himself. (he won by the skin of his teeth)

Oh please he wiped Hillary off the map taking multiple blue states Hillary boasted were in the bag for her. Just admit you got your ass beat, its a beginning.

She won the popular vote, just like Gore. His administration was iffy at best, so probably rigged, like he said it was going to be.
No, she didn't. In fact, we overwhelmed the polls to the point that it crippled her election rigging.

The majority didn't want Hillary. City dwellers, criminals, and illegals wanted Hillary. The people pushed back and now we just want her to die already.

The GOP could've passed a repeal but suddenly stopped trying when they got a majority .

It's all for show . Ain't going nowhere.

B'loney. They knew that Obabble would veto it and that the Dems in the senate would not vote to override the veto.

So.?

They knew it was dead in the water when they didn't have the majority. Yet they floated literally 50 bills to repeal .

GOP get the majority and suddenly it's "oh why bother ." ?

Does not compute !

He seems pragmatic enough. I think he will take the approach that “Your employer doesn’t pay for your car insurance or home insurance….why do they pay your health insurance?”

A good question that would mean a government option for health insurance. Doubt if that will go far.
Trump will probably expand HSAs to provide a tax benefit for what you pay in healthcare. For those who do not itemize, it would probably involve government supplements or expanding Medicaid
As Dems found out...there is no easy answer

The GOP could've passed a repeal but suddenly stopped trying when they got a majority .

It's all for show . Ain't going nowhere.

B'loney. They knew that Obabble would veto it and that the Dems in the senate would not vote to override the veto.

So.?

They knew it was dead in the water when they didn't have the majority. Yet they floated literally 50 bills to repeal .

GOP get the majority and suddenly it's "oh why bother ." ?

Does not compute !

They have a record of a lot of ideas on what to do after ObamaCare undergoes a mercy killing.

That's what it's about, junior.

In your wildest dreams.

Trump won, you lost, its that simple.
Rigged, said so himself. (he won by the skin of his teeth)

Oh please he wiped Hillary off the map taking multiple blue states Hillary boasted were in the bag for her. Just admit you got your ass beat, its a beginning.

She won the popular vote, just like Gore. His administration was iffy at best, so probably rigged, like he said it was going to be.
No, she didn't. In fact, we overwhelmed the polls to the point that it crippled her election rigging.

The majority didn't want Hillary. City dwellers, criminals, and illegals wanted Hillary. The people pushed back and now we just want her to die already.

She won the majority vote. The way the GOP won the Senate in 2012 was by gerrymandering and its the same way they won last night. Just like Gore, won the popular vote.

Obamacare is not going anywhere unless there is a replacement.

Much of what Trump promised is not doable without the votes from Congress and I doubt we will see that.

It is going to get tough for Republicans after seven years of....first thing I will do is repeal Obamacare

Not only must Republicans identify what they will offer that is better than Obamacare, but how they will transition to their new plan

Throwing people out into the street without coverage is not an option

Hills didn't win the majority vote, that's a lie. What happened was that the American people OVERWHELMED her election fraud machine. That was the first thing my stunned sister, the judge, said.

Much of what Trump promised is not doable without the votes from Congress and I doubt we will see that.

It is going to get tough for Republicans after seven years of....first thing I will do is repeal Obamacare

Not only must Republicans identify what they will offer that is better than Obamacare, but how they will transition to their new plan

Throwing people out into the street without coverage is not an option

I agree, the idea would be to come up with an alternative plan and move on it. To take a perceived giveaway away, which for most Americans it is, would be political suicide.

Republicans took majorities in both houses of Congress. Mr. Trump may be at odds with the Republican establishment on many issues, but not this one.

One way or another, getting rid of the disastrous Obamacare scam is as good as done.

A good question that would mean a government option for health insurance. Doubt if that will go far.
Trump will probably expand HSAs to provide a tax benefit for what you pay in healthcare. For those who do not itemize, it would probably involve government supplements or expanding Medicaid

GOP, 19 states refused to expand Medicaid. HSA are only good if one can pay the HI premium and save money, good tax break for those who can save, but most of the middle income, medium income and under can't save. He is also going to take away personal exemptions for those without children at home. We already have major US insurance companies, and its the state restrictions that make HI companies not able to just cross state lines.

Hills didn't win the majority vote, that's a lie. What happened was that the American people OVERWHELMED her election fraud machine. That was the first thing my stunned sister, the judge, said.

If you can be on the board, I'm sure you can google.

We’ll see what happens.

Republicans took majorities in both houses of Congress. Mr. Trump may be at odds with the Republican establishment on many issues, but not this one.

One way or another, getting rid of the disastrous Obamacare scam is as good as done.

I heard on the radio that several healthcare insurance companies have begin offering plans that don't comply with ObamaCare.....that's how sure they are that it's done.

With incumbent Pennsylvania senator Pat Toomey's successful in fending off challenges, and incumbent Lisa Murkowski regaining Alaska's Senate seat, the Republicans have retained control of the Senate.

That would leave Republicans controlling the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, meaning that Obamacare is over... and perhaps the 4-4 Supreme Court too.

Republicans win PA Senate race, giving them enough seats to retain control of chamber in new Congress and overcoming odds that had looked stacked against the party.

Both sides poured tens of millions into Pennsylvania as the battle for the upper chamber tightened, making it the most expensive Senate race in the country, according to Open Secrets.

Outside groups spent nearly $118 million, with both sides spending more than a combined $13 million on ads in the final week.

Republicans also held tightly contested seats in Ohio, Indiana, Florida and North Carolina.

Source

I guess you should have waited a bit on this. He's already backtracking and he's not even in office yet. Hahahahahaaa!

Trump to keep some Obamacare, says Clintons gracious
President-elect Donald Trump says he will keep parts of Obamacare in his first post-election television interview on Sunday's 60 Minutes at 7 p.m. ET/PT

I heard on the radio that several healthcare insurance companies have begin offering plans that don't comply with ObamaCare.....that's how sure they are that it's done.

Nope. Wrong, PC. Wrong radio station, too.
Watch "60 Minutes" on Sunday and hear it from the horse's ass-mouth himself.

Health care companies can offer what they want, and if they violate the law, they pay big penalties.

Forum List

Back