Obamacare Doctor Networks To Stay Limited In 2015

finding a doctor that takes insurance could be difficult?

You DO have a reading disability beside an IQ deficiency!
it does sound like california has a problem. people should be able to see the doctors in the network before signing up for a plan.

You should have read it the first time, subversive, before posting, and looking like the idiot you are!
i read the first line. it's poorly written. it makes it sound as if someone can go out and sign up for "obamacare."

Thanks for proving my point!

Remember how this was sold as it would make EVERYONE have some SKIN in the game?

I had a friend yesterday tell me she just got accepted into it and she doesn't have to contribute ONE RED CENT into it

duped again by this man called the President of the people and his lying sleazy party of Democrats/progressives

I have a friend who just got accepted into it and now the state is paying HIM! He's adding a new wing to his house now! Thanks Obummer :mad:
liar
no, she's not lying, it is possible that her friend has a very minimal amount, that counts for near nothing.... ONLY if she is rock bottom poor with no insurance avail to her.

she was also receiving $400 a month in food stamps and she has her own registered housecleaning business
She can't be making too too much money with her registered business....or they would not come in and pay it all....

It's possible, she could be skimming by not reporting all that she makes....I dunno...that's just wrong for me to even mention such a thing since I don't even know her!!! :eek:

again, my sincere apologies for mistaking your parody post as genuine.
i feel like such a stephanie.

Lol no worries. I'm too busy being shocked that Stephanie would step down from her pedestal to be friends with that person! :laugh:

you two are pathetic little people.
carry on master baiting each other
that's so cute.

now, can you tell us why you think that choosing cheaper premiums in exchange for smaller selection is proof "this country has gone to hell"?

Remember how this was sold as it would make EVERYONE have some SKIN in the game?

I had a friend yesterday tell me she just got accepted into it and she doesn't have to contribute ONE RED CENT into it

duped again by this man called the President of the people and his lying sleazy party of Democrats/progressives

I have a friend who just got accepted into it and now the state is paying HIM! He's adding a new wing to his house now! Thanks Obummer :mad:
liar
no, she's not lying, it is possible that her friend has a very minimal amount, that counts for near nothing.... ONLY if she is rock bottom poor with no insurance avail to her.

she was also receiving $400 a month in food stamps and she has her own registered housecleaning business
She can't be making too too much money with her registered business....or they would not come in and pay it all....

It's possible, she could be skimming by not reporting all that she makes....I dunno...that's just wrong for me to even mention such a thing since I don't even know her!!! :eek:

A lot on that last part and she does have one child. I'm just talking about how this was sold to the people as how it would have everyone have "skin" in the game.
thanks dear for the grown up converstation

The fun really starts when Employer Mandates kick in. :lol:

This shit is rich.

this was further down in the article
if true this country has went to hell

Surveys have shown a majority of health insurance shoppers are willing to forgo greater choice of doctors and hospitals for a cheaper rate.
I bet it is true....only if they are talking about surveying the people who have gone on the Exchange to shop...primarily because these people, *for the most part, never had insurance, and didn't have affordable access to any doctors, before the ACA, and are probably used to going for medical help in sickness only, at emergency rooms.... so even having a choice of just 3 doctors to be their regular primary care doctor, would be an improvement for them.... which is sad, in and of itself....

California needs to get off their butts and get this straightened out....with the Fed's help I suppose? I dunno? Hold back the subsidy to these insurance companies until they list all the Docs available for new customers....

How can anyone choose a plan, if they don't even know what choice of doctors they have to choose from?

The fun really starts when Employer Mandates kick in. :lol:

This shit is rich.

this was further down in the article
if true this country has went to hell

Surveys have shown a majority of health insurance shoppers are willing to forgo greater choice of doctors and hospitals for a cheaper rate.
I bet it is true....only if they are talking about surveying the people who have gone on the Exchange to shop...primarily because these people, *for the most part, never had insurance, and didn't have affordable access to any doctors, before the ACA, and are probably used to going for medical help in sickness only, at emergency rooms.... so even having a choice of just 3 doctors to be their regular primary care doctor, would be an improvement for them.... which is sad, in and of itself....

California needs to get off their butts and get this straightened out....with the Fed's help I suppose? I dunno? Hold back the subsidy to these insurance companies until they list all the Docs available for new customers....

How can anyone choose a plan, if they don't even know what choice of doctors they have to choose from?
Before I respond further, I need to disclose the fact that I work for a medical insurance provider, but don't mistake that as a disclaimer. What I'll say is not meant to defend them.

Having said that...provider network management in the insurance companies must offer contracts to providers who wish to be contracted to provide services to ACA policy holders. It is completely up to the doctors, hospitals, and ancillary providers as to whether or not they'll see any given ACA policy holder patients.

The problem I see on a daily basis has a few elements.

The ACA policies are new, as of 1/1/14. The training curve for customer service, medical management, and claims processors should be about 6 mo to 1 year. In the mean time, because those issues make it difficult for providers to get reimbursed properly and timely, they are choosing in greater numbers to opt out of treating ACA patients, which they are legally free to do.

The Feds cannot, and will not force providers to see ACA patients, and the insurance companies even less so.

It is getting better. For every 1 new ACA policy holder we projected in late 2013, we got 4. That made the above issue harder for providers, and couldn't have been avoided.

I won't go on longer and easily could....but that's a glimpse into the problem from someone on the front lines.

Forum List

Back