Obamacare Doctor Networks To Stay Limited In 2015

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
what a crying shame. the SAD part in all this is they VOTED this on themselves
get ready because this is coming your way. rejoice for that new entitlement called, OscamCare

SNIP:

Finding a doctor who takes Obamacare coverage could be just as frustrating for Californians in 2015 as the health-law expansion enters its second year.

The state's largest health insurers are sticking with their often-criticized narrow networks of doctors, and in some cases they are cutting the number of physicians even more, according to a Times analysis of company data. And the state's insurance exchange, Covered California, still has no comprehensive directory to help consumers match doctors with health plans.

This comes as insurers prepare to enroll hundreds of thousands of new patients this fall and get 1.2 million Californians to renew their policies under the Affordable Care Act.

Even as California's enrollment grows, many patients continue to complain about being offered fewer choices of doctors and having no easy way to find the ones that are available.

Map and database: Find Obamacare doctors in California
Ben Welsh, Chad Terhune

Some consumers have been saddled with huge medical bills after insurers refused to pay for care deemed out of network. These complaints have sparked a state investigation and consumer lawsuits against two big insurers.

Mary Edwards, a 63-year-old librarian in Mar Vista, was excited about a Health Net PPO she picked out last fall because it offered a wide selection of doctors at a reasonable price. But it turned out that several physicians listed on her plan didn't accept the insurance or weren't taking new patients.

"This is part of the Affordable Care Act that doesn't quite work yet," Edwards said. "This game of who's in and who's out is tiresome."

ALL of it here:
Obamacare doctor networks to stay limited in 2015 - LA Times

Remember how this was sold as it would make EVERYONE have some SKIN in the game?

I had a friend yesterday tell me she just got accepted into it and she doesn't have to contribute ONE RED CENT into it

duped again by this man called the President of the people and his lying sleazy party of Democrats/progressives

Last edited:
Remember how this was sold as it would make EVERYONE have some SKIN in the game?

I had a friend yesterday tell me she just got accepted into it and she doesn't have to contribute ONE RED CENT into it

duped again by this man called the President of the people and his lying sleazy party of Democrats/progressives

I have a friend who just got accepted into it and now the state is paying HIM! He's adding a new wing to his house now! Thanks Obummer :mad:

I have a friend who just got accepted into it and now the state is paying HIM! He's adding a new wing to his house now! Thanks Obummer :mad:
liar
eta: i think i failed to read the sarcasm in that. sorry.

finding a doctor that takes insurance could be difficult?

You DO have a reading disability beside an IQ deficiency!
it does sound like california has a problem. people should be able to see the doctors in the network before signing up for a plan.

You should have read it the first time, subversive, before posting, and looking like the idiot you are!
i read the first line. it's poorly written. it makes it sound as if someone can go out and sign up for "obamacare."

California needs to get this straightened out... there should be a list of Doctors, that actively accept new patients, for each insurance plan available.

And YES Stephanie, this is what we were trying to tell you all along, that these huge deductibles and huge out of pockets that you all complained about and said How in the heck can anyone poor afford them, I was telling you that if they are rock bottom poor, that the ACA would come in and pick up the deductibles and copays.....

So NO ONE poor or even moderately poor, would be stuck with all of those huge deductibles and out of pockets that YOU CLAIMED they WOULD BE.....

Your friend is rock bottom poor, with no insurance through an employer or spouse's employer available and is either on Obama care with this extra subsidies for the poorest, or she was put on Medicaid.

liar

Obviously. But it's a lot more fun than just saying "bullshit"

liar
no, she's not lying, it is possible that her friend has a very minimal amount, that counts for near nothing.... ONLY if she is rock bottom poor with no insurance avail to her.

The fun really starts when Employer Mandates kick in. :lol:

This shit is rich.

this was further down in the article
if true this country has went to hell

Surveys have shown a majority of health insurance shoppers are willing to forgo greater choice of doctors and hospitals for a cheaper rate.

liar
no, she's not lying, it is possible that her friend has a very minimal amount, that counts for near nothing.... ONLY if she is rock bottom poor with no insurance avail to her.
oh i get that. i was saying that blackflag was lying about his friend, but then i realized the post was likely sarcastic and i just didn't pick up on it.

The fun really starts when Employer Mandates kick in. :lol:

This shit is rich.

this was further down in the article
if true this country has went to hell

Surveys have shown a majority of health insurance shoppers are willing to forgo greater choice of doctors and hospitals for a cheaper rate.
why is that a bad thing? i would do that. there are two major hospitals in columbia, mo. why would i need access to both when either one can meet my needs?

liar

she was also receiving $400 a month in food stamps and she has her own registered housecleaning business

Last edited:

liar

Obviously. But it's a lot more fun than just saying "bullshit"
again, my sincere apologies for mistaking your parody post as genuine.
i feel like such a stephanie.

Forum List

Back