Obama: Whites Need Not Apply

Over a large enough statistical sample, it does.

Nope. Actually it will default to the most educated and consistently motivated. Thus a merit system without racial special consideration.

Education is opportunity, and a large enough statistical sample would includ the motivated and the not motivated.

Education is a limited quantity and not equal as not all teachers are equal in abilty. Fail.

Equal opportunity does not mean equal outcomes.

Over a large enough statistical sample, it does.

That is correct but you fail at understanding what that actually means in this context. If you have large enough statistical sample, you should achieve equality. If you do not then there is something preventing that outcome. In this context, that is mostly societal and cultural. Laws have removed most societal barriers and put sufficient punishments in place to prevent a large portion of that problem. The other is cultural such as not valuing the family unit, self responsibility and education. By placing 'stepping stones' for those in that situation to force outcomes to be equal you are REINFORCING those cultural ideals that are keeping one subset of people from achieving true equality without help. In other words, you are causing the problem in the first place. There is nothing wrong with an over-representation of any race in any particular field as long as the outcome is not based on bigotry.

There is a reason that Asians continually are over represented in technical fields and underrepresented in more physical ones like construction. It is a matter of value systems that the majority of Asian families have in education and the pursuits of the mind rather than body. I want those values reinforced and the bad values weeded out. As long as we continue on this idiotic path that requires us to look at race as a factor in hiring keeping those negative qualities instead of eradicating them.

Laws have removed most societal barriers...

LOL!!!

By placing 'stepping stones' for those in that situation to force outcomes to be equal you are REINFORCING those cultural ideals that are keeping one subset of people from achieving true equality without help. In other words, you are causing the problem in the first place.

Can you please be more vague?

There is nothing wrong with an over-representation of any race in any particular field as long as the outcome is not based on bigotry.
Wrong legally or morally?

There is a reason that Asians continually are over represented in technical fields and underrepresented in more physical ones like construction. It is a matter of value systems that the majority of Asian families have in education and the pursuits of the mind rather than body. I want those values reinforced and the bad values weeded out.
You appear to be suggesting that values which lead someone to be a construction worker are "bad values". Who the fuck is going to build stuff?

As long as we continue on this idiotic path that requires us to look at race as a factor in hiring keeping those negative qualities instead of eradicating them.
A diverse workforce is not a "negative" quality.

Isn't this cute? White people telling other groups what they do and don't need.

Tell us again white people why we don't need diversity because you don't think we do. I'm sure minorities will understand your plight. Lol

I never said we don't need diversity. I said we already have an over representation of the diverse population in federal government jobs. Asking for more is exclusion. For your information, it is a merit system, not a diversity system. We are pointing out you lose merit when race is the deciding factor over merit. Sorry we stepped on your little feelings of protecting a group of people who don't need to be looked at as broken or unworthy.

Show me where race is the deciding factor over everything else

Try and actually address the points here and not be a hack
Laws have removed most societal barriers...

LOL!!!
If you do not see what we have done in this regard you are blind. This is particularly true if you are in a government position. There are TONS of avenues you can take regarding EO. Are you ignorant of the MOUNTAINS of laws that prevent you from being selective in your employment by race?

By placing 'stepping stones' for those in that situation to force outcomes to be equal you are REINFORCING those cultural ideals that are keeping one subset of people from achieving true equality without help. In other words, you are causing the problem in the first place.

Can you please be more vague?
That was not vague at all. It was very accurate. If you allow people to get jobs because of race and not merit then you reinforce the bad habits instead of rewarding the good ones.
There is nothing wrong with an over-representation of any race in any particular field as long as the outcome is not based on bigotry.
Wrong legally or morally?
It is not wrong both legally and morally. There is nothing wrong at all in one group being over represented as long as bigotry is not the reason.
There is a reason that Asians continually are over represented in technical fields and underrepresented in more physical ones like construction. It is a matter of value systems that the majority of Asian families have in education and the pursuits of the mind rather than body. I want those values reinforced and the bad values weeded out.
You appear to be suggesting that values which lead someone to be a construction worker are "bad values". Who the fuck is going to build stuff?
Never insinuated that at all. What I said was that one group (Asians) are over represented in some fields (technical ones) and underrepresented in others (like construction) because of the values of most Asian families. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever and if you had bothered to read anything that I have typed you would have understood that. It is a simple matter of what that group values within their own cultural influences.
As long as we continue on this idiotic path that requires us to look at race as a factor in hiring keeping those negative qualities instead of eradicating them.
A diverse workforce is not a "negative" quality.
Nope, but FORCING a workforce to have a particular race makeup is a negative. Again, you are making shit up and implying that I said it. I never stated that a diverse workforce was negative. I said that hiring someone based on race is negative and that is the ONLY thing that I have said is negative.
Now care to actually address the points and come up with some counterpoints yourself. I don't see any points in their other than attacks on mine.

Last edited:
Isn't this cute? White people telling other groups what they do and don't need.

Tell us again white people why we don't need diversity because you don't think we do. I'm sure minorities will understand your plight. Lol

I never said we don't need diversity. I said we already have an over representation of the diverse population in federal government jobs. Asking for more is exclusion. For your information, it is a merit system, not a diversity system. We are pointing out you lose merit when race is the deciding factor over merit. Sorry we stepped on your little feelings of protecting a group of people who don't need to be looked at as broken or unworthy.

Show me where race is the deciding factor over everything else

More projection.

No one has ever put that idea forth. What was said is that it is ONE of the factors, not the factor ahead of everything else. It should not be a factor AT ALL. Is it not racist to say that I had a couple of candidates for a job that were good but I picked this one because he is white and the other one was black. In that case, race might not have been the only factor (they were all qualified) but it was ONE of them and it should NEVER be a factor at all.

No diversity will not bear out statistically. If the sample includes those with a high school education through Phd., those with job skills specific to the task versus no experience and every other difference, then the result will be those with merit will gain the positions. This executive order wants to turn this on its head.

Two actually. The one I made about statistics and the one I revealed through your postings. :cool:

You didn't make any points about statistics and you've revealed nothing.

Reading with your eyes squeezed shut again?

Hey - it's possible. Dr. Seuss said so and he is a DOCTOR!!!
dr-seuss-i-can-read-with-my-eyes-shut.jpg

Are you ignorant of the MOUNTAINS of laws that prevent you from being selective in your employment by race?

You mean like the laws that prevent people from ever speeding or murder from ever happening?

That was not vague at all. It was very accurate. If you allow people to get jobs because of race and not merit then you reinforce the bad habits instead of rewarding the good ones.

No one is suggesting that jobs be awarded to people without merit. Your vagueness has given way to irrelevance.

represented in some fields (technical ones) and underrepresented in others (like construction) because of the values of most Asian families.
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Asians are perceived to be better at technical fields.

Are you ignorant of the MOUNTAINS of laws that prevent you from being selective in your employment by race?

You mean like the laws that prevent people from ever speeding or murder from ever happening?

No one is suggesting that jobs be awarded to people without merit. Your vagueness has given way to irrelevance.

represented in some fields (technical ones) and underrepresented in others (like construction) because of the values of most Asian families.
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Asians are perceived to be better at technical fields.

I guess that means you are just a hack then as you have provided no points whatsoever, purposefully misconstrued my statements and continually quote single sentences without context. Come back when you actually have a point.

I guess that means you are just a hack then as you have provided no points whatsoever, purposefully misconstrued my statements and continually quote single sentences without context. Come back when you actually have a point.

Without context? There's a link in the quote that goes back to the entire original quote! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back