Obama warns about losing our "democracy"

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday night warned of dire threats to democracy if election deniers running for office in Arizona win.

“If you have an election denier serving as your governor, as your senator, as your secretary of state, as your attorney general. Then, democracy as we know it may not survive in Arizona as we know it. That’s not an exaggeration, that is a fact,” Obama said at a rally in Phoenix for Democratic candidates.

Comment:
Do you think that Obama actually believes that if people vote for Republicans that we will lose our "democracy"?
Or does Obama believe that the Democrat Voters are dumb enough to believe him?
Or does everyone know that Obama is lying?

Well, we have Republican politicians, Republican candidates and a former Republican President refusing to promise to accept the results of past and future elections, even though they have been able to prove any of their conspiracy accusations in court. Even worse when we have people like Steve Bannon on tape, laying out the whole denial scheme before the election. Worse still, when that former President also claimed a primary was rigged when he lost, and even claimed the EMMYS were rigged when he lost.

A functioning democracy, at its core, requires the loser to be honest and honorable and to accept defeat. If that doesn't happen, we descend into political chaos. As we are beginning to see, and our democracy is teetering on the edge of collapse because of lies and fabricated conspiracy theories.

So, yes, we're in real trouble here. We could look to history as a guide, but the Republicans aren't going to honestly do that.

I know I just wasted some bandwidth there, but I had a moment.

Obama and the Democrats illegally using the IRS, FBI and the DOJ as their political weapons is the threat to our "democracy".
Obama spying on Trump's campaign is a threat to our "democracy".
Democrat censorship is a threat to our "democracy".
Democrat voter fraud and ballot rigging crimes are a threat to our "democracy".
Joe Biden's around the world influence peddling crimes are a threat to our "democracy".
Arresting political opponents is a threat to our "democracy".

Well, we have Republican politicians, Republican candidates and a former Republican President refusing to promise to accept the results of past and future elections, even though they have been able to prove any of their conspiracy accusations in court. Even worse when we have people like Steve Bannon on tape, laying out the whole denial scheme before the election. Worse still, when that former President also claimed a primary was rigged when he lost, and even claimed the EMMYS were rigged when he lost.

A functioning democracy, at its core, requires the loser to be honest and honorable and to accept defeat. If that doesn't happen, we descend into political chaos. As we are beginning to see, and our democracy is teetering on the edge of collapse because of lies and fabricated conspiracy theories.

So, yes, we're in real trouble here. We could look to history as a guide, but the Republicans aren't going to honestly do that.

I know I just wasted some bandwidth there, but I had a moment.
refer to post #8

Last edited:
People expressing their freedom to vote for their candidate of choice is SUCH a threat to democracy!

We should listen to Obama and put an end to this archaic practice of the people voting. Let the thousand year woke begin!!

From an outsider POV, Obama due to his skin colour can only do harm to his political party, or at best have no positive effect. Two years ago Obama would still be carrying some convincing political weight.

There are no logical reasons for an unbiased person like myself to think that it won't be a nearly complete rout of the Democratic party.

First signs of democracy's fall will be the curtailing of any actions against Trump and his criminal faithful.
Uninteresting and of little dramatic effect until the energizing of the Republican party begins to demonstrate their resolve to accept the ideals of fascism. Then even the corrupt Scotus will be willing to flow with the tide of popularity gained as dissenters will become too intimidated to object to the obvious.

The rout of the Democrats will almost certainly be so complete and convincing, that most Dem supporters will quietly switch sides to be with the wave of fascism being offered.

Only a few intellectuals will remain faithful to democracy but they will be forced underground.

That's how it goes for the 'history, to which you loosely refer!

Forum List

Back