Obama vetoes bill to repeal signature health care law

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
We gave a black man a chance to do something great, but he's destroying the planet instead. The healthcare plan don't effect me and never will...
e151e5.gif
AA42JYZ.img

Associated Press
DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press
2 hrs ago

CCicLS.img

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., predicted it will be "a matter of time" before the law is finally overturned.

"We have now shown that there is a clear path to repealing Obamacare without 60 votes in the Senate," Ryan said. "So, next year, if we're sending this bill to a Republican president, it will get signed into law. Obamacare will be gone. ... It's just a matter of time."

The bill would also cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

The Senate passed the measure last year under special rules that protected it from a Democratic filibuster, which takes at least 60 votes to cut off. The House passed it this week.

For maximum visibility, Republican leaders made the legislation their first major vote of 2016. Although they don't have the votes to actually override Obama's veto, they had hoped to schedule an override vote to coincide with the Jan. 22 March for Life in Washington, an annual commemoration of the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.

But the House on Friday approved by voice vote a motion by Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., to delay consideration of Obama's veto until Jan. 26. It's the first full session for the House following the March for Life.

"We will hold a vote to override this veto, taking this process all the way to the end under the Constitution," Ryan said Friday.

The bill would dismantle the health law's key pillars, including requirements that most people obtain coverage and that larger employers offer it to workers.

It would eliminate the expansion of Medicaid to cover more lower-income people and the government's subsidies for many who buy policies on newly created insurance marketplaces. It would also end taxes the law imposed to cover its costs.

More than 16 million people have gained health coverage since the law was enacted, according to government figures. They could risk losing it under the GOP approach. Republicans argue the health law has driven up costs and hurt consumers, and they promise "patient-centered" solutions in its place.

As he said he would.

There are several threads about this in the other forums.

Do you have any information about Paul Ryan's Secret Plan to Replace Obamacare?

We gave a black man a chance to do something great, but he's destroying the planet instead. The healthcare plan don't effect me and never will...
e151e5.gif
AA42JYZ.img

Associated Press
DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press
2 hrs ago

CCicLS.img

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., predicted it will be "a matter of time" before the law is finally overturned.

"We have now shown that there is a clear path to repealing Obamacare without 60 votes in the Senate," Ryan said. "So, next year, if we're sending this bill to a Republican president, it will get signed into law. Obamacare will be gone. ... It's just a matter of time."

The bill would also cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

The Senate passed the measure last year under special rules that protected it from a Democratic filibuster, which takes at least 60 votes to cut off. The House passed it this week.

For maximum visibility, Republican leaders made the legislation their first major vote of 2016. Although they don't have the votes to actually override Obama's veto, they had hoped to schedule an override vote to coincide with the Jan. 22 March for Life in Washington, an annual commemoration of the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.

But the House on Friday approved by voice vote a motion by Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., to delay consideration of Obama's veto until Jan. 26. It's the first full session for the House following the March for Life.

"We will hold a vote to override this veto, taking this process all the way to the end under the Constitution," Ryan said Friday.

The bill would dismantle the health law's key pillars, including requirements that most people obtain coverage and that larger employers offer it to workers.

It would eliminate the expansion of Medicaid to cover more lower-income people and the government's subsidies for many who buy policies on newly created insurance marketplaces. It would also end taxes the law imposed to cover its costs.

More than 16 million people have gained health coverage since the law was enacted, according to government figures. They could risk losing it under the GOP approach. Republicans argue the health law has driven up costs and hurt consumers, and they promise "patient-centered" solutions in its place.

Doctor-GOP.jpg

As he said he would.

Yes, but Ryan told me he will reveal at the proper time for max effect...

I get it. He's keeping it secret just like t-rump is keeping the specifics of his plans secret. Of course, EVERYBODY believes them both.

Tampa couple stuck in Affordable Care Act red tape

600x338_shannon_behnken.png
By Shannon Behnken Published: January 8, 2016, 6:08 pm

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Barry and Jane Elson are stuck in an insurance nightmare. The couple thought a plan through the Affordable Care Act was the ticket to affordable health insurance. But so far, they’ve spent hundreds only to have no insurance at all.

“We started to get rejections on all of our bills,” Jane Elson said. “The doctors weren’t getting paid, and the pharmacy said they could no longer fill prescriptions.”

First, they bought a Florida Blue plan in September. But their doctors’ claims were denied because of computer errors. And now, they owe thousands and face threats from collectors.

“Number one, they listed my husband’s gender as female and they had my date of birth incorrect,” Jane Elson said.

No one at Florida Blue or the insurance marketplace would help. Then it got worse. Still fighting with Florida Blue, the couple decided to go with a different carrier for the new year. They paid nearly $500 for a plan with United Health Care. They received insurance cards and then, this week, an email stating they have “no medical coverage.”

The Elsons turned to 8 On Your Side for answers. 8 On Your Side went straight to the state regulators, the watchdogs for insurance companies. The case is now under review by the state to find out what went wrong and make it right.

As he said he would.

I get it. He's keeping it secret just like t-rump is keeping the specifics of his plans secret. Of course, EVERYBODY believes them both.

Let them die! If you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth too fucking bad the republicans say.

They have no plan besides the corrupt pure capitalist system of do you have the money or don't you?

600x338_shannon_behnken.png
By Shannon Behnken Published: January 8, 2016, 6:08 pm

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Barry and Jane Elson are stuck in an insurance nightmare. The couple thought a plan through the Affordable Care Act was the ticket to affordable health insurance. But so far, they’ve spent hundreds only to have no insurance at all.

“We started to get rejections on all of our bills,” Jane Elson said. “The doctors weren’t getting paid, and the pharmacy said they could no longer fill prescriptions.”

First, they bought a Florida Blue plan in September. But their doctors’ claims were denied because of computer errors. And now, they owe thousands and face threats from collectors.

“Number one, they listed my husband’s gender as female and they had my date of birth incorrect,” Jane Elson said.

No one at Florida Blue or the insurance marketplace would help. Then it got worse. Still fighting with Florida Blue, the couple decided to go with a different carrier for the new year. They paid nearly $500 for a plan with United Health Care. They received insurance cards and then, this week, an email stating they have “no medical coverage.”

The Elsons turned to 8 On Your Side for answers. 8 On Your Side went straight to the state regulators, the watchdogs for insurance companies. The case is now under review by the state to find out what went wrong and make it right.

So the insurance company screwed up (it's Florida) and stupid people blame Obama. The couple was smart enough to contact the local media. Will the media follow up and nail Florida Blue to the wall? Please let us know.

Kentucky moves ahead with plans to dismantle health exchange
AP News | Jan 11, 2016

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's new Republican administration is moving forward with plans to shut down the state's health insurance exchange, becoming the first state to cut ties with one of the key pieces of President Barack Obama's signature health care law because of a political promise.

Gov. Matt Bevin notified federal officials in a letter dated Dec. 30 that the state exchange will cease operations "as soon as is practicable." That will be at least a year from now, according to federal law. It will not affect health plans sold for 2016.

Kentucky is one of 14 states that run their own state health insurance exchanges. More than 100,000 people have used Kentucky's exchange, dubbed kynect, to purchase private health insurance plans with the help of a federal subsidy since it was implemented in 2013.

But Bevin, just Kentucky's second Republican governor in more than four decades, campaigned on eliminating kynect. The system is paid for with a 1 percent tax on all individual health plans sold in the state, both on and off the exchange. Right now, Bevin says about 85,000 people have purchased a private health insurance plan through kynect, or about 2 percent of the population.

Bevin spokeswoman Jessica Ditto said the fees from the sale of plans on kynect generate between $2.5 million and $4 million of the approximately $27 million it takes to operate the exchange each year.

"A majority of Kentuckians are paying a 1 percent assessment on their own premiums to support kynect operations which they do not use," Ditto said.

Once Kentucky moves to the federal exchange, that tax goes up to 3.5 percent. But the tax is only applied to plans sold on the exchange, Ditto said.

Kynect was viewed as a national model for other states and was a success story for a Democratic administration plagued by technical problems with the federal system. Former Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear created it with the help of about $290 million in federal grants. He has estimated it will take at least nine months and cost $23 million to dismantle the system.

AP News - Kentucky moves ahead with plans to dismantle health exchange

So Bevin hates his constituents. I hope they remember that.

They elected him to do just what he did.

That is what they'll remember.

The fact is that everyone who passes you on the street and does not put a dollar in your hat.........they don't hate you.

The fact is that everyone who passes you on the street and does not put a dollar in your hat.........they don't hate you.

The ones who voted for it will be the first ones raising holy hell when they go to the doctor and find out exactly how this decision affects them.

The ones who voted for it will be the first ones raising holy hell when they go to the doctor and find out exactly how this decision affects them.

You mean when their costs come down ?

Don't think so.

You mean when their costs come down ?

Don't think so.

Make sure to follow up on that.

As he said he would.

Let them die! If you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth too fucking bad the republicans say.

They have no plan besides the corrupt pure capitalist system of do you have the money or don't you?
Why should I pay for your coverage? What is the value to me?
What harm comes to me if you don't have coverage?

As he said he would.

What proof do you have that you're paying for his coverage?

(Oh, please, please, please say something stupid like "Because all leftists are poor because they don't work"!)

As he said he would.

What proof do you have that you're paying for his coverage?

(Oh, please, please, please say something stupid like "Because all leftists are poor because they don't work"!)
Your, as in a hypothetical your.
but, thank you for showing that leftists are stupid beyond help.

Forum List

Back