Obama usurps legislative authority again, extends health-care enrollment deadline

BHO has the executive authority to do this just like a CEO of a corporation, the head of a government, or the head of the RNC.

Some of you are being just stupid. :lol:

So now you assert our Constitution is "stupid"?

JWK

They are not “liberals”. They are conniving Marxist parasites who use the cloak of government force to steal the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create

So where are all the Black Republican Representatives on this constant breaching of the Constitution?
FoxNews should have Black Constitutional lawyers explaining what's going on.

BHO has the executive authority to do this just like a CEO of a corporation, the head of a government, or the head of the RNC.

I am not saying he didn't have the authority. He does. Having such authority was written into the law.

What I don't get is why ANYONE, even those on the left, want a man to make constant changes to tweak a law that he, himself, admitted that despite many warnings, he did not believe the law would result in ANYONE losing their insurance or doctor...

In other words, he signed into law something he did not understand...ADMITTEDLY.

And so you are OK with that same man making changes that he believes are for the better?

Wouldn't you prefer he consult the legislative body so there can be a debate and perhaps the best changes made?

Please document for us each and every one of his EOs and it's rationale.

Go fuck yourself, junior.
None of Bush's EOs rewrote black letter law. Obama's have. See the difference?

AD hominem.
4,000 body bags.....both parties voted for the war
Largest collapse of US economy in history....democrats owned the house so It seems it was the fault of both partiesNow explain GW's EOs and their accompanying rationales.

My corrections for clarity and elimination of spin are in red

Jar writes in part "I am not saying he didn't have the authority. He does." then refers to doing so as breaking the law. Silly, silly.

You will eat these words one day.

Outside of the system is good until it stops enabling your whimsy.

Wahhhhhhh...................wahhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

The President is responding to problems, and taking measures to fix those problems. How dare he do that! Who does he think he is, President?????????????????

He thinks he's a dictator so he's acting like a dictator. No he can't legally make these kinds of changes. His obligation is to administrate the existing law not change it according to whim.

Please document for us each and every one of his EOs and it's rationale.

Go fuck yourself, junior.
None of Bush's EOs rewrote black letter law. Obama's have. See the difference?

AD hominem.
4,000 body bags.
Largest collapse of US economy in history.
Now explain GW's EOs and their accompanying rationales.

Since your counting, how many body bags under obama? I mean he promised to end both wars in his first year?

Jar writes in part "I am not saying he didn't have the authority. He does." then refers to doing so as breaking the law. Silly, silly.

show me where I implied he broke the law.

And when you do I will either admit I was a hypocrite, or help you with your reading comprehension skills.

The President is responding to problems, and taking measures to fix those problems. How dare he do that! Who does he think he is, President?????????????????

You dont get it. The President doesnt have that power.

He does get it, and he understands the point you're making.

But he's a liberal, and he's less interested in following the law or the Constitution, than in getting his agenda into place and keeping it there. He will break any law, tell any lie, as long as it results in what he wants. Never mind that it violates an Act of Congress or the Constitution itself.

Liberals have been conditioned to act that way, by generations of pushing an agenda that is basically unconstitutional on its face. It's an agenda of putting a strong central government into place and expanding it conatantly, until it intrudes into every part of people's lives.

The Constitution, OTOH, was designed to make the Fed govt only as large as is needed to take care of things that lower govts CANNOT do, such as running national defense, conducting foreign relations, arbiting conflicts between the states etc. People can add more powers if they want to, by procedures listed in the Const itself... but those procedures take a LOT of people, spread all across the country, agreeing before it can be done. And since America is a fundamentally conservative country (i.e. most people would rather keep govt small and stay free to make their own decisions on most things), the liberals can never get them to agree to the changes needed to give the govt all the powers the liberals want.

So the liberals have gotten used to skulking around, lying about their intentions, tricking people, and violating the law to do what they want, and daring normal people to do anything about it. That's what Obama is doing with things like extending a deadline that Congress made no provision to extend. It's a very small thing... but it's still a violation of an Act of Congress. When Congress passed Obamacare, they did not allow the President any power to extend that deadline. Obama is usurping their authority, albeit in a minor way, when he does it.

And violating an Act of Congress (or a Constitutional mandate) in a small way, will make it easier for them to get away with violating a bigger one when they are ready to.

Last edited:
Some bills Congress pass into law, give the president legislative powers he might need to supplement the law or see that the intent of the bill is carried out successfully. The beauty of these bills are that the opposing party can then claim the president is a dictator, or with president Jackson, a king if he uses those powers.
My favorite example of this practice is FDR's second bill to the Congress.

Obamalama, like every other president, IS BOUND BY THE CONSTITUTION.. he does not have limitless power to do what he wants or to even execute in the way he wants

Some bills Congress pass into law, give the president legislative powers he might need to supplement the law or see that the intent of the bill is carried out successfully.

Too bad this wasn't one of them. Not that Obama cares whether he had authority or not. His ruling style is simply to do it, and then dare Republicans to do anything about it.

So far, it's worked.

Bank robberies and rapes are sometimes successful, too.

You dont get it. The President doesnt have that power. The proper course is to get Congress to pass a bill doing what he wants. What you want is a BigDaddyDictator fixing all your problems for you.

So say you. What matters is what the Supreme Court says.

Think about it. If the President continues to solve problems in the ACA as they crop up, then the ACA may just work, and there will be egg all over 'Conservative' face. Not to worry, however. After the government shutdown, you really won't notice the new egg.

Some bills Congress pass into law, give the president legislative powers he might need to supplement the law or see that the intent of the bill is carried out successfully.

Too bad this wasn't one of them. Not that Obama cares whether he had authority or not. His ruling style is simply to do it, and then dare Republicans to do anything about it.

So far, it's worked.

Bank robberies and rapes are sometimes successful, too.

I haven't read the bill or law so I don't know the exact wording.

Forum List

Back