Obama usurps legislative authority again, extends health-care enrollment deadline

Wahhhhhhh...................wahhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

The President is responding to problems, and taking measures to fix those problems. How dare he do that! Who does he think he is, President?????????????????

You dont get it. The President doesnt have that power. The proper course is to get Congress to pass a bill doing what he wants. What you want is a BigDaddyDictator fixing all your problems for you.

So say you. What matters is what the Supreme Court says.

No.. actually it does not.. for they also have just grabbed power they were never given by the constitution.. there is no power for them to interpret nor legislate from the bench.. even though they have, unconstitutionally

BHO has the executive authority to do this just like a CEO of a corporation, the head of a government, or the head of the RNC.

Some of you are being just stupid. :lol:

I am not saying he didn't have the authority. He does. Having such authority was written into the law.

?

Why do you think he has such authority? The law clearly gives deadlines. I saw no reference to discretion by the president in implementation.

BHO has the executive authority to do this just like a CEO of a corporation, the head of a government, or the head of the RNC.

I am not saying he didn't have the authority. He does. Having such authority was written into the law.

?

Why do you think he has such authority?

He doesn't think so. He's just trying to trick you (or someone else who maybe reading) into thinking so... so that he can get his agenda in place more easily.

He's a liberal, remember. Any lie, on any subject, any time... to get more govt power.

?

He doesn't think so. He's just trying to trick you (or someone else who maybe reading) into thinking so... so that he can get his agenda in place more easily.

He's a liberal, remember. Any lie, on any subject, any time... to get more govt power.

Some bills Congress pass into law, give the president legislative powers he might need to supplement the law or see that the intent of the bill is carried out successfully. The beauty of these bills are that the opposing party can then claim the president is a dictator, or with president Jackson, a king if he uses those powers.
My favorite example of this practice is FDR's second bill to the Congress.

But this isn't one of them. ACA gives specific deadlines for implementation. If there is executive discretion I didnt see it.

?

Jarhead is hardly a liberal. So when he makes a statement like that I figure he must have some rational basis. Unlike the brain-dead libtards here.

There is nothing that prevents executive authority by BHO on ACA.

True story.

You guys just can't ever win this silly OP.

Please document for us each and every one of his EOs and it's rationale.

Go fuck yourself, junior.
None of Bush's EOs rewrote black letter law. Obama's have. See the difference?

AD hominem.
4,000 body bags.
Largest collapse of US economy in history.
Now explain GW's EOs and their accompanying rationales.
None of which is the truth, but for the sake of argument.......none of that is the truth..

Bush's EO's never rewrote a single law. Obama has done so several times.

You can start with the gun running program he is responsible for, then move onto the border responsibility he has changed, and then finish up with his political rewritting of Obamacare to keep himself from looking even more foolish than he already does.

True story.

You guys just can't ever win this silly OP.

It must be specifically granted.. it is not.. and the constitution does not give him the power to just do it upon whim, it LIMITS him and prevents him from doing so

You ignorant troll.... JakeyFakey strikes again

AD hominem.
4,000 body bags.

Since your counting, how many body bags under obama? I mean he promised to end both wars in his first year?

And he eventually wound down one of them.
I think we should carpet bomb the poppy fields in Afghanistan.
Obama is a wimp on that.

What I don't like is GW getting a pass from Republicans on using his EO power more than any other president in history and O not getting a pass.

AD hominem.
4,000 body bags.
None of which is the truth, but for the sake of argument.......none of that is the truth..

Bush's EO's never rewrote a single law. Obama has done so several times.

You can start with the gun running program he is responsible for, then move onto the border responsibility he has changed, and then finish up with his political rewritting of Obamacare to keep himself from looking even more foolish than he already does.

Are you a knee-jerk Republican or do you get your news from Fox?
Actually, a yes to one is a yes to the other.

True, but executive authority does not allow a President arbitrarily change or suspend the law. The executive, under the doctrine of the separation of powers, is the branch of government charged with implementing, or executing, the law...not avoiding it. Executive orders relate to routine administrative matters and to the internal operations of federal agencies, such as amending Civil Service Rules, overseeing the administration of public lands, or to carry out legislative policies and programs. BHO has executive authority, but that power does not give him the right to specifically suspect an existing law.

No president before Obama has used an executive order to avoid implementation of an existing law. By your reasoning, a president could decide the CRA no longer applies. You cool with that?

And he eventually wound down one of them.

While escalating another.

What I don't like is GW getting a pass from Republicans on using his EO power more than any other president in history and O not getting a pass.

While I agree with your point, GWB never used an EO to specifically avoid the implementation of a law. That's something only O has done. A HUGE slippery slope if ever there was one.

Forum List

Back