Obama tries to stop Texas execution

The Supreme Court has previously ruled that states can't be forced to comply with the provisions of treaties without some intervening federal legislation."

WHAT?!?!

If they did that, the SCOTUS has lost its collective mind.

Treaties are the law of the LAND.

The states do not get to parce out what parts of a treaty they like.

And not only that, I heard that the 16 year old was asking for it.

Well what sort of nation would this be if we stopped the left from allowing illegal's Rape and Murder our Children.

If Illegal Aliens aren't free to rape and murder our 16 year old daughters, are any of us truly free?

Having a right to consular help for citizens of other countries has nothing to do with allowing them to be exempt from our laws. I doubt that you are really that dumb, so I'll chalk it up to you just being enthralled with meaningless one liners.

Let me guess. This illegal alien was arrested, indicted, tried, found guilty and sentenced all in 1 day and the Texas judge kept it a secret from the Mexican consulate.

Did I get that right?

The Supreme Court has previously ruled that states can't be forced to comply with the provisions of treaties without some intervening federal legislation."
WHAT?!?!

But it makes sense that Federal legislation must first be passed. Otherwise State law would mean nothing. There would be no States Rights, and we would all live in a giant Washington D.C., with Congress writing our traffic laws.
So treaties mean nothing and Americans will have no access to consular assistance if they are arrested in a foreign country. Good idea! NOT!

Last edited:
Remember after Obama's one term is up, he's going to be Supreme Allah of the UN
This is a perfect example of the pure EMOTIONALISM of CON$ervatism.

CON$ hate Obama and CON$ hate the UN so they combine the two to multiply their hate no matter how stupid the combination might be. They did the same thing with their hatred of Clinton. Mindless CON$ said Clinton would become the Secretary General of the UN after his presidency was over even though it is impossible.

None of the permanent members of the Security Council are allowed to be Secretary General, but that never stops CON$ from letting their hateful emotions interfere with reality.

He is guilty. Due process is not going to change that fact.

As someone who spent 20 years in the military, traveling all over the world. I find it strange that Americans don't want to uphold treaties that they expect other countries to honor when it comes to American citizens.

Salt Jones....

What many don't seem to understand about our America is that if we are so accomplished at IN DEED being the literal 'jack of all trades' why change that which should not be changed? Change, instead the things in which we are failed at, such as DEPTH. :evil: Like it or not, there are those of us that would BY FACTS back such a 'thing'.

WHAT?!?!

But it makes sense that Federal legislation must first be passed. Otherwise State law would mean nothing. There would be no States Rights, and we would all live in a giant Washington D.C., with Congress writing our traffic laws.
So treaties mean nothing and Americans will have no access to consular assistance if they are arrested in a foreign country. Good idea! NOT!

Why mess up the chance for a good execution?

The philosopher Ron White said:

I’m from Texas. In Texas we have the death penalty. And we USE it.

That’s right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That’s our policy.

They’re trying to pass a bill right now through the Texas Legislature that will speed up the process of execution in heinous crimes where there’s more than three credible eye witnesses. If more than three people saw you do what you did, you don’t sit on death row for 15 years, Jack, you go straight to the front of the line.

Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty … my state’s puttin’ in an express lane.

Message to take from this:

If you plan on raping and killing 16 year old girls, don't do it in Texas.

Try California instead...

Last edited:
"WASHINGTON — The Obama administration took the unusual step Friday of asking the Supreme Court to stop Texas from executing a Mexican citizen convicted of raping and killing a 16-year-old girl.

The administration said the court should delay the planned July 7 execution of Humberto Leal for up to six months to give Congress time to consider legislation that would directly affect Leal's case.

The 38-year-old native of Monterrey wasn't told he could contact the Mexican Consulate after his arrest in the murder of Adria Sauceda. His lawyers say police violated an international treaty by not telling Leal he could have consular assistance.

Legislation pending in the Senate would allow federal courts to review cases of condemned foreign nationals to determine if the lack of consular help made a significant difference in the outcome of their cases. Last week, a federal judge refused to delay the execution.

Read more: Obama administration calls for halt to Texas execution | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I am not sure the Feds can stop it. A Federal court cannot stay a State court. Looks like another trip and fall for the Obama administration and a chance for Perry to give Obama the finger.

So this isn't a question of innocence , its politics ala the Vienna treaty? hummmmm

That’s right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That’s our policy.

They’re trying to pass a bill right now through the Texas Legislature that will speed up the process of execution in heinous crimes where there’s more than three credible eye witnesses. If more than three people saw you do what you did, you don’t sit on death row for 15 years, Jack, you go straight to the front of the line.

Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty … my state’s puttin’ in an express lane.

:( where are the fathers

seems more of a procedural problem ...what happened to the other rapists?

They go to prison. If they kill there victim, they get the needle. This has been attempted before, and it failed, and the convict was put to death. The Mexican consulate could have done nothing for the man other then agree that dieing sucks, and offer to contact family for him. That's it. The guy will die on schedule.

thi

:( where are the fathers

in your bed porking ewe.

Clearly, there are only some laws Obama cares about. For example, Obama didn't give a fuck about 200+ years of tradition and bankruptcy laws when he fucked over senior secured creditors in order to give the UAW equity in GM And Chrysler.

But let an Illegal Alien rape and and then murder a 16 year old girl by bludgeoning her with a piece of asphalt...and Obama goes Grapes of Wrath on us

I very seriously doubt that US-Mexican relations are going to be jeopardized by either side over a convicted rapist. This is a non-issue and Obama is grandstanding for next year's elections. What he doesn't realize is that the only reason any Mexican-Americans, especially those in San Antonio, would oppose the execution is so that they can get their hands on this scumbag and give him some good old fashioned Texas justice themselves. If Obama thinks this is going to win any Latino votes, he is greatly mistaken.

"WASHINGTON — The Obama administration took the unusual step Friday of asking the Supreme Court to stop Texas from executing a Mexican citizen convicted of raping and killing a 16-year-old girl.

The administration said the court should delay the planned July 7 execution of Humberto Leal for up to six months to give Congress time to consider legislation that would directly affect Leal's case.

The 38-year-old native of Monterrey wasn't told he could contact the Mexican Consulate after his arrest in the murder of Adria Sauceda. His lawyers say police violated an international treaty by not telling Leal he could have consular assistance.

Legislation pending in the Senate would allow federal courts to review cases of condemned foreign nationals to determine if the lack of consular help made a significant difference in the outcome of their cases. Last week, a federal judge refused to delay the execution.

Read more: Obama administration calls for halt to Texas execution | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I am not sure the Feds can stop it. A Federal court cannot stay a State court. Looks like another trip and fall for the Obama administration and a chance for Perry to give Obama the finger.

So this isn't a question of innocence , its politics ala the Vienna treaty? hummmmm
Therefore its about the rights Americans will have when they are in another country. No big thing to CON$ who hate Americans and love executions.

Forum List

Back