Obama Spokesperson Claims Straight Couples Are Ruining Marriage

Many gays DO make good parents. Many straight people make good parents. Is this in dispute?

What Rosen pointed out (and she's right) is that people whining and crying about the "assault on "traditional" marriage" are full of shit and if they really DID care about "traditional" marriage, they would be more worried about the divorce rate than they are about "they gheys" having the same rights, benefits and privileges they take advantage of.

Excuse me, but Rosen was attacking traditional marriage.

Is English your second language?

Let me remind you that the op stated Rosen is not speaking from a moral high-ground on this herself. She had broke up with her partner in the pic I posted. Guess that got by you.

Last edited:
Many gays DO make good parents. Many straight people make good parents. Is this in dispute?

What Rosen pointed out (and she's right) is that people whining and crying about the "assault on "traditional" marriage" are full of shit and if they really DID care about "traditional" marriage, they would be more worried about the divorce rate than they are about "they gheys" having the same rights, benefits and privileges they take advantage of.

Rosen seperated from her lover and they had adopted children together. Same as Divorce in my book. Hypocrite much?

her then-partner, Elizabeth Birch, and their adopted twins, Jacob and Anna. (Rosen and Birch separated in 2006.)

Yeah... Well, if they had Marriage they wouldn't have Divorced because Marriage would be Permanent with Gays...

Unlike the Rotten Heteros who are Ruining Marriage! :doubt:

:)

peace...

HIlary%20Rosen.jpg

Hilary Rosen, who claimed Ann Romney never worked a day in her life was on "This Week" on ABC saying that straight couples were tearing down the institution of marriage. She claimed that because 1 in 3 marriages end in divorce it proves that straight couples don't make the best marriages. Never mind that she's a lesbian and has switched partners and has adoptive children from the union.

Seems to me the Obama Administration wants to make straight couples out to be bigots, strange, abnormal, whatever negative connotation you can dream up.

So is this to be the new normal?

"Here's one more sort of nonpolitical point, which is, you know, sorry, but straight people don't need any help tearing down the institution of marriage. You're doing just fine as it is. One in three divorces. You know, come on."

"The irony is that really, gay people are looking to do the most conservative thing. They want to fight in the armed forces, you know, to protect our country, and they want to join the institution of marriage, loving committed couples raising children. That, you know, I don't know that that's a conversation that the president ought to have on the campaign trail every day, but I do think it's something we ought to recognize and acknowledge."http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/14/Rosen-back-lesbian-divorce

Not only is this short-sighted but is is also discriminatory. Using a one-sided statistic to claim that straights are screwing up the institution of marriage while forgetting that statistics show that Gay couples stay together an average of 6 years while straights stay together an average of 18 according to a study published in Time Magazine back in 2004. Behavior: Do Gay Couples Have An Edge? - TIME

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but I think Hilary Rosen is. It appears that the left wants us to think that straights are odd and Gays are more acceptable, more admirable, more reliable. Seems to me they want to turn the tables on their targets, straight people. Guess being a liberal means you're black, Muslim, a feminist, and are also Gay......or at least support all of the above. If you're not a liberal or an Obama supporter you're a hater.

Honestly.....who's really showing hatred here now.

Not couples if they are divorcing, are they?

The difference is Rosen really is an obama spokesperson. She's a democrat strategist and is paid to give interviews and statements.

She is only saying what the left believes. They think that they can, not merely make same sex marriage legal, but actually replace traditional marriage by making it socially abnormal.

Hillary Rosen's claim and assertion that Ann Romney never worked a day in her (Mrs. Romney's) life, it was a silent cry which meant "I never had a real and normal and decent sexual relationship in my life".

Why the need to lie in the thread title? Hillary Rosen works for CNN, not the President.

It also seems a bit of a stretch to claim she is saying that straight couples are ruining marriage. She pointed out a FACT that divorce is doing more to "ruin" marriage than gay couples wanting to be part of it are.

Mud has to say something....anything to try to stick mud on Obama and the Democrats. You know that, I know that. It's funny, really.

He is well named.

This is all Obama strategy. You send out Rosen with a trial balloon, if it gains traction you have an adminstration head echo the sediment. If it fails, you have pausible deniability. Rosen just got stuck with crap duty.

Doesn't matter that this is the implication the Obama Administration is currently pushing.

"Romney spokesman says killing Bin Laden was a mistake".

Since that is what you think and you support Romney; can we just make that jump in logic and tell the same lie you just told?

Since the Navy SEALS team knew where Osama bin Laden was hiding for some time, would it not have been more fun and more humiliation for OBL, if it had been broadcast on MSNBC, OBL's favorite channel: "We know where you are and we are coming to get you!"

And then watch him scurry to the next hiding place? And then repeat? And repeat, again and again.

What do you think would have been more demoralizing to Al Quada?

Killing OBL, which only energized them or making him look ridiculous and cowardly?

Maybe killing Osama bin Laden was a mistake and a missed opportunity to deal a fatal blow to Al Quada, by not using the first principle in Democratic campaign strategy: Make them look ridiculous..

Last edited:
HIlary%20Rosen.jpg

Hilary Rosen, who claimed Ann Romney never worked a day in her life was on "This Week" on ABC saying that straight couples were tearing down the institution of marriage. She claimed that because 1 in 3 marriages end in divorce it proves that straight couples don't make the best marriages. Never mind that she's a lesbian and has switched partners and has adoptive children from the union.

Seems to me the Obama Administration wants...

This is where I stopped. Mudwhistle has been proven to be incapable of thinking and using logic. Any statements made after "seems to me..." will be a waste of time

The difference is Rosen really is an obama spokesperson. She's a democrat strategist and is paid to give interviews and statements.

She is only saying what the left believes. They think that they can, not merely make same sex marriage legal, but actually replace traditional marriage by making it socially abnormal.

I wouldn't go that far.

I think this is election-year politics Cloward & Piven style. Demonize the opposition. Make them an object of scorn. Pure Progressivism. What once was white is now black. Change public opinion through the availability-cascade method. Make it common-knowledge at gettogethers and cocktail parties. A man and a woman actually being married....and raising a family??? How uncool can you get???

HIlary%20Rosen.jpg

Seems to me the Obama Administration wants...

This is where I stopped. Mudwhistle has been proven to be incapable of thinking and using logic. Any statements made after "seems to me..." will be a waste of time

Thank you for admitting openly you'd rather be willfully-ignorant.

My point is valid....and you refuse to look past your nose.

Bravo.

Last edited:
Why the need to lie in the thread title? Hillary Rosen works for CNN, not the President.

It also seems a bit of a stretch to claim she is saying that straight couples are ruining marriage. She pointed out a FACT that divorce is doing more to "ruin" marriage than gay couples wanting to be part of it are.

Mud has to say something....anything to try to stick mud on Obama and the Democrats. You know that, I know that. It's funny, really.

He is well named.

Seems to me Rosen stepped in this pile of poopy on her own.

This to her is normal in her circles.

If she didn't believe it she wouldn't have said it on national television.

Well let's just go down this road...........everyone knows Obama is a result of not one but two divorces, I guess using this logic, he should be a very troubled, unhinged person. He couldn't possibly be as well adjusted as the children of same sex couples......Bill Clinton shouldn't either. :D

Let me remind you that the op stated Rosen is not speaking from a moral high-ground on this herself. She had broke up with her partner in the pic I posted. Guess that got by you.

Really? Rosen said bad things about traditional marriage, eh?

List the things Rosen said was BAD about traditional marriage:

Doesn't matter that this is the implication the Obama Administration is currently pushing.

"Romney spokesman says killing Bin Laden was a mistake".

Since that is what you think and you support Romney; can we just make that jump in logic and tell the same lie you just told?

Maybe they should lie and say they don't represent Democrats.

Rosen is a member of the campaign. She has her job to do. When she stops being a spokesperson for Obama they'll dump her.

She's part of his brain-trust. She's one of their respected cheerleaders. She and Anita Dunn are in the same think-tank.

Really? Rosen said bad things about traditional marriage, eh?

List the things Rosen said was BAD about traditional marriage:

Saying it's tearing it down isn't exactly a positive.......unless you think tearing it down is a good thing. Seems bad to me.

Just saying.

Well at least Rosen is only being accused of being a Obama spokesperson..Rush is always accused of being the LEADER of the Republican party..

and Rosen is deeply connected to the Obama white house..that is just a fact

Typical "yeah but" response. Glad to see you too can recognize the lie.

Rosen is not a spokesperson for President Obama.

Mudwhistle lied. Again.

I think ol' mud is phucked up in many ways....just my opinion

One thing is clear; he hates the man (Obama) personally. It isn't about politics and positions and ideology. Otherwise he wouldn't be using such obviously deceitful tactics.

Well, as I said on another thread; the way you know if you're on the right side of this argument is simply this fact:

Nobody who supports gay marriage and has first-hand encounters with same-sex couples comes away from this and changes course and then opposes same sex marriage. I'm sure there are some born-again who have faith-based objections but nobody who supports the right of homosexuals to marry and has real first-hand knowledge changes course.

The statistics that are coming in are showing that gay couples are no better or worse than many hetero couples. Their kids are doing just as well as most kids in schools. The marriage rates in the 12% of states that allow gay marriage are not waning; the populations are not decreasing because of it.

So the argument is reduced to one's gut instinct. I'm sure those who supported segregation had the same gut instincts that were proven wrong by history. I'm sure those who supported women not voting had the same gut instincts that were proven wrong by history. I'm sure that those who felt there couldn't be competent black quarterbacks or women holding high levels of public office had the same gut instinct. All have been proven wrong by history.

Which is why you see the bitterness, the lies in the OP, the continual disavowance (sp?) of data....

Prove it.

I can prove I'm not. It was proved weeks ago.

Hilary Rosen is working as an Obama spokesperson. She works with other Obama Administration media people. Her comment about Ann Romney was merely a blip. She's back at it like it never happened. She was on the panel on "Meet The Press" a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to smooth over her image, but she represents Obama on the morning talk-shows and other programs.

Your lie, you prove it. Show us the employment certificate.

Hilary Rosen does not work for the Obama Administration or the Obama Campaign. Persons with the same general goals can be lumped together but they cannot be lied about in the way you're attempting, again, to do.

In no way does she represent the Obama campaign. None whatsoever. Stop lying.

Certificate??????? RLMFAO!!!!

Sure Sparky.

Maybe they issue them a secret decoder ring and teach them all the secret hand-shake too!!!!

Well, obviously there are resources to see if she is employed by Obama or the Federal Government. Hop to it Muddy. Oh yeah, you were lying. Good luck backing up your lies loser.

Forum List

Back