Obama Just Compared Christianity With Islam…At National Prayer Breakfast

Channeling his Rev Wright..

"And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ."

Both the crusades and the Inquisition happened in the 13th Century or earlier, many hundreds of years before the establishment of the United States.

"In our own country, slavery, Jim crow, so often was justified in the name of Christ," Obama continued. And he mentioned the collision of faiths in India.

"So it's not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us -- a sinful tendency -- that can pervert and distort our faith."

Obama People Committed Terrible Deeds in the Name of Christ CNS News

And, what's stuck in your bonnet this time?

What the president said is factually correct.

Is the National Prayer Breakfast only for Christians, or what?

I have absolutely not love of Islam at all, but I see nothing wrong or inappropriate in what he said. Then again, unlike you, I don't walk through life enternally butthurt.

He's comparing Christians to the radical nutjobs we're supposed to be fighting?. He's suppose to be a leader rallying the world to defeat the nutjobs. what's the point? He refused to say these people are muslims but he throws stuff out there about Christians 100s of years ago?:cuckoo:

Last edited:
While there was some real bad blood between the Muslims and Christians many moons ago, it seems only one segment wants to keep those traditions alive. The far left will do all it can not to blame that segment, but point fingers at anyone that disagrees with the far left..

"And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ."

Both the crusades and the Inquisition happened in the 13th Century or earlier, many hundreds of years before the establishment of the United States.

"In our own country, slavery, Jim crow, so often was justified in the name of Christ," Obama continued. And he mentioned the collision of faiths in India.

"So it's not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us -- a sinful tendency -- that can pervert and distort our faith."

I have absolutely not love of Islam at all, but I see nothing wrong or inappropriate in what he said. Then again, unlike you, I don't walk through life enternally butthurt.

Yes factually correct, but irrelevant in 2015 when the problem NOW is from another religion !!
But you guys just go on and on trying to lead everyone else down the garden path.

But, but, but, Christianity, the Crusades and McVeigh, and stuff !!

Nonsense.

Islam isn't 'the problem,' the problem is criminals and terrorists who use violence and fear to achieve their goals; where it's idiocy to blame an entire religion for the actions of a tiny, non-representative minority.

Most colleges make it possible for students to declare their preference of religion in their records so they'll know whether to call a priest, minister, rabbi, imam, swami or druid in case of death or injury.

One more reason we'll never see His records!

no matter how many times you post factual evidence that ISIS is NOT Islam, the RW idiots refuse to accept it , and NO amount of pounding can get it through their THICK skulls.

end of story

That narrative of Hussein Obama ...that ISIS is not Islam simply can't cut the mustard.

It simply can not.

No matter how many times progressives, politically correct liberals shout from the rooftops and throw tantrums that ISIS is not Islam won't change an iota of the fact that ISIS is pure Islam.

how about this narrative, airhead?

How To Stop ISIS It Is Not Just Un-Islamic It Is Anti-Islamic
Ok...we can now call them the "un-islamic anti islamic radical Islamic terrorists"... That should cover all bases.
OK, and we can call you just fucking stupid.

The President condemned the terrorists in no uncertain terms. He has done far more than the previous administration in combating the terrorists, hitting them no matter where they are at. And you and others have condemned him for using the drones in those nations that were giving the terrorists shelter.
Hope you're not talkin to me...otherwise I'd have to tell you to GFY.

Don't let me interrupt a good insult-fest, but what the president is doing (this time) is smart.

We want the broader Muslim community to denounced these terrorists and to join in the fight against them. So he is making sure that the Muslim community knows we are not out to get them - only these street thugs. He is not saying anything to give these terrorists anymore status in their local communities. He is trying to marginalize the terrorists and drive a wedge between the terrorists and the broader Muslim community.

It's a smart thing to do.
no matter how many times you post factual evidence that ISIS is NOT Islam, the RW idiots refuse to accept it , and NO amount of pounding can get it through their THICK skulls.

end of story

That narrative of Hussein Obama ...that ISIS is not Islam simply can't cut the mustard.

It simply can not.

No matter how many times progressives, politically correct liberals shout from the rooftops and throw tantrums that ISIS is not Islam won't change an iota of the fact that ISIS is pure Islam.

how about this narrative, airhead?

How To Stop ISIS It Is Not Just Un-Islamic It Is Anti-Islamic

Every time we refer to ISIS as the “Islamic State,” call its members “jihadists” or in any way grant it the religious legitimacy that it so desperately seeks, we simultaneously boost its brand, tarnish the image of Islam and further marginalize the vast majority of Muslims who are disgusted by the group’s un-Islamic actions.

Islam prohibits the extremism exhibited by ISIS. An essential part of the faith is moderation.
We didn't name them ....Wtf genius

Man Obama is muslim and is fucking ripped. He will be crusified by all Americans and leaders and reps no matter affiliation 2 years before he's fucking gone. Lol....

I have no 'love' for any religion, they're all equally ridiculous and false.

Which is why it's idiocy to 'hate' Islam for the actions of the few who in no way speak for all Muslims.

I have no 'love' for any religion, they're all equally ridiculous and false.

Which is why it's idiocy to 'hate' Islam for the actions of the few who in no way speak for all Muslims.

Wrong you "love" the far left religion without question or hesitation, just like all the far left drones.

Because it's all he's got. He had to bring up something that happened hundreds of years ago and claim it's no different than the archaic practices of today's Muslims. They haven't advanced at all in centuries and still subscribe to the same beliefs that their ancestors did. I really disliked the part about us being on a high horse and judging terrorists. Yea, who are we to say that it's wrong to murder people because they insulted your religion? Who are we to say it wrong to treat women as possessions who have no rights? This happens in the most "moderate" of Muslim countries.

He also seemed more upset about the people who dared to insult their prophet than in the draconian mindset of the terrorists. He said they committed atrocities, but refuses to admit it has anything to do with their religion. He had no problem saying that Christians committed terrible acts and even included slavery as something they did in the name of Christianity, but still insists that terrorists are not Muslims.

Christians today like to protest and make their voices heard, but they don't kill those who insult their God. To compare the two in any way is just wrong because one is ancient history and one is today's news. And murders in the name of Allah will be tomorrow's news.

Why are there so many radicals in the Muslim world? Why doesn't Obama address that instead of trying to shame America for being so outraged at the number of Muslim terrorists? And why is it wrong to bash Muslims for treating women so horribly? I thought liberals believed in human rights across the globe, yet they won't even disagree with the typical Muslim practice of forcing women to cover themselves and refusing their rights as women and as human beings.

The few Muslim women who have dared to speak out have stated that Muslim women have no allies and will never have a voice because no one will come to their aid and say how wrong it is for them to be treated like slaves. Instead they hear the left defending Muslims and saying they are peaceful. I'm sure the women and the young girls subjected to genital mutilation don't feel they are oppressed by peace loving people. They are at the mercy of evil dictators within Islam. It seems prevalent throughout and I will not defend it. An Imam said recently, in a speech in Europe, that women must obey their men, keep the home and never deny their husbands sex. Seems that is the only reasons that Muslim women exist. I hate to think what kind of beating the women get if they don't obey. But, hey, it's just such a peaceful religion so we should never ever say a negative word or we are the bad ones. I get it. And when Muslims move to America, they should still be allowed to follow their religion that says women are lesser beings.

Islam isn't really a religion, at least not like most. Their religion is their government and the only thing they will accept. Why do they go to other countries when they don't approve of the laws and customs there? If they like Sharia law, why don't they stay in Muslim countries that already do things the way they want? Or is anyone on the left willing to admit that they have a plan to spread out and conquer places, one little step at a time? Some Muslims have stated that the goal of Muslims is to one day control the world. Nice of the left to give them a hand with that.

Thanks Clementine I think you hit the nail on the head on several levels.
In addition to the literal points you bring up, the whole dynamic is biased towards men's needs to establish their authority.
The raping of women for revenge between men, and honor killings of women to represent the men's families, etc. is very symbolic of what's wrong with politics that focuses on pecking order bullying and not on solving problems collaboratively.

As long as men use these things for politics, they keep blaming the other group to try to bully the other for dominance.
I call it patriarchal politics, but all people do it and can defer to the men's decrees back and forth to symbolize the collective response of the group, regardless of effects on women and society. Green politics has become a fight over global warming to dominate the dialogue and policy. Prochoice/Prolife have become politicized for party dominance, and not about helping the women affected by policies either way. War is about one side's troops trouncing the other. Court cases and elections and votes are about one side winning over the other.

If men were to hold each other responsible as men for this political violence, the dialogue would be different.

It wouldn't be this group vs. that group.

It would be all men taking responsibility for their own actions and encouraging collaborations on solutions,
instead of projecting onto some other group while excusing their own for "political points."

The men I know don't want to look at how THEY contribute to sexism and exclusion/downplaying of women. So if another group does it, they are quick to jump on them and find SOME other label to blame it on so it isn't connected to them. They have to distance themselves and demonize the offender with a label that makes it safe to say "they aren't like that."

More concerned with defending their honor and image, not supporting the real work and reforms behind the scenes left for people who don't get credit for the work in the trenches. While leaders in public make political statements claiming charge.

B9HpWlUCcAAtyYx.jpg

I don't see any Christians here....

But we should focus our anger on shit that happened a few centuries ago.....
Bad Christians......
Bad....Bad.....Bad.... Bad.

But we should focus our anger on shit that happened a few centuries ago.....
Bad Christians......
Bad....Bad.....Bad.... Bad.

they are bringing everything and the kitchen sink out from the Crusades to the Witches of Eastwick ....lol

it's called desperation.

Obama says.....
“We see ISIL, a brutal vicious death cult that in the name of religion carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism,”
But he says they have nothing to do with Islam......

Huh?

In his comments at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, President Obama condemned violence in the name of religion and pointed to religious groups other than the Islamic State that have perpetrated acts of terror in human history.

"Lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place," the president said, "remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

The president criticized those who resort to “twisting and distorting” religion, noting incidents of sectarian war and violence in Syria, Nigeria, the Central African Republic, as well as "a rising tide of anti-Semitism and hate crimes in Europe." He also mentioned his and the First Lady's trip to India in January, saying that country has experienced "acts of intolerance" in recent years that would have shocked Mahatma Gandhi.

"In today's world, when hate groups have their own Twitter accounts and bigotry can fester in hidden places in cyberspace, it can be even harder to counteract such intolerance," Obama said. "But God compels us to try."

The president's comments angered some who felt that comparing the atrocities of the Islamic State to other acts of violence was out of line. The Catholic League's Bill Donohue called it "an attempt to deflect guilt from Muslim madmen," and argued that Christian crusaders were merely defending themselves against hostile Muslim neighbors.

Some expressed their anger on Twitter, seeming to defend the Crusades when pitted against the Islamic State. Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin wrote: "ISIS chops off heads, incinerates hostages, kills gays, enslaves girls. Obama: Blame the Crusades."

More: President Obama: 'People Committed Terrible Deeds In The Name Of Christ'

Thank you, President Obama, for speaking the inconvenient truth.

Last edited:
Millions of Native Americans were also butchered in the name of Christ.

Native American Genocide

More Christian Atrocities:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back