Obama hosts Ramadan dinner...after ignoring Easter

obama-pledge-of-allegiance.jpg

Nice picture.

"One Nation Under God"

I rest my case. :cool:

That's not in the Constitution. That's the Pledge. And that was added in the 1950s..

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the federal flag and the Republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and formally adopted by Congress as the pledge in 1942. The Pledge has been modified four times since its composition, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the recital of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the National Exchange Club, Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Lions Club, Rotary Club, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, as well as other organizations. It is also commonly recited in school at the beginning of every school day.

Do you know anything at all about American History?

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

Again since christians and muslims worship the same god this is a moot point.
And that makes no mention of which god anyway.

We aren't a christian nation.

"One Nation Under God"

That's not in the Constitution. That's the Pledge. And that was added in the 1950s..

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the federal flag and the Republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and formally adopted by Congress as the pledge in 1942. The Pledge has been modified four times since its composition, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the recital of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the National Exchange Club, Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Lions Club, Rotary Club, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, as well as other organizations. It is also commonly recited in school at the beginning of every school day.
Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is having God in the pledge of allegiance the reason Obama has shown it such disrespect?

Hey, I'm fine if the President believes these things, but he refuses to embrace and state truthfully what he believes.

obama%20pledge_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Sorry bout that,

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

1. NO, you're a idiot!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

In the grand scheme of things this doesn't really factor.

However, Obama has clearly paid greater deference to Muslim holidays than Christian holidays since taking office. Watching the lefties here argue otherwise just reinforces what I already know about their partisan bias.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Last edited:
"One Nation Under God"

Is having God in the pledge of allegiance the reason Obama has shown it such disrespect?

Hey, I'm fine if the President believes these things, but he refuses to embrace and state truthfully what he believes.

Are you disrespecting a President of the United States?

Well yeah..of course you are..

Well which god do you believe our founding fathers were talking about? Since they were after all Christians.

Does not matter in this threads topic since the god of abraham is both the god of Christians and Muslims and Jews.

Are you serious? I'm sure you were shouting that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Of course you are. Oh, I'm sure you showed Bush such respect. Hypocrite.

However, Obama has clearly paid greater deference to Muslim holidays than Christian holidays since taking office. Watching the lefties here argue otherwise just reinforces what I already know about their partisan bias.

Well I dunno about that..but if it's true maybe it's to offset all the Iraqis turned into bloodly pulps over what was essentially a big fat lie.

And if it keeps people from becoming so furious that they wanna slam planes into building in NYC.

I all for it.

:clap2:

Sorry bout that,

1. Ofcoure I AM!!!!!!!
2. This fucking presidents a two faced *LIAR*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. He can fuck himself!!!!!
4. Hows that for disrespecting him?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well I dunno about that..but if it's true maybe it's to offset all the Iraqis turned into bloodly pulps over what was essentially a big fat lie.

And if it keeps people from becoming so furious that they wanna slam planes into building in NYC.

I all for it.

And if it makes people shoot up a youth camp instead?

It doesn't matter what he did on Easter or any other holiday. Our nation is made up of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, as well as other religions, and people that practice no religion at all. When did that change??

Quit looking for every reason in the world to persecute this president. He was elected by the citizens of this country fair and square. Get over it!!!

Every day I can. Then I had the nerve to turn myself in to the white house web site when they had the rat out your neighbor pitch.

I all for it.

That is the entire premise of the thread. Perhaps the truest thing you've posted.

Are you serious? I'm sure you were shouting that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Of course you are. Oh, I'm sure you showed Bush such respect. Hypocrite.

If you go through my posts..I don't damn every single thing Bush did..

He was a horrible President..to be sure..but he deserved a certain amount of respect.

The Republicans don't feel this way. They call Obama all sorts of names..and side with foreign leaders who are against Obama.

That didn't happen with Democrats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU]Rangel Responds to Chavez - YouTube[/ame]

You find me one Fucking Republican that did anything close to that noble.

For President Obama.

It makes me :lmao: when atheists claim that Muslims and Christians worship the same god.

Just because I do not believe in any god does not negate the validity of my statement about those who do worship gods.

Laugh it up though.

The statement is invalid all on it's own. The fact that it's coming from an atheist is what makes it ironic and funny as shit.

It doesn't matter what he did on Easter or any other holiday. Our nation is made up of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, as well as other religions, and people that practice no religion at all. When did that change??

Quit looking for every reason in the world to persecute this president. He was elected by the citizens of this country fair and square. Get over it!!!

Did anyone say anything about the 2008 election not being legitimate? It isn't hard to find a reason to criticize this president--it isn't Where's Waldo.

The only thing correct in your post is that our nation is made up of a diversity of religions and people, and every single one has the F-ing right to persecute their leader, get over it.

Forum List

Back