Obama hosts Ramadan dinner...after ignoring Easter

Guess you had trouble when Bush did the exact same thing, eh?

Did you read the OP? No one is saying Obama did anything wrong in speaking at a Muslim event. What the OP said was that the president has issued a statement every Ramadan while never doing the same for Easter since taking office.

So he's required now to do every religious holiday?

Man..that's going to leave him little time to govern...

Hmm..maybe that's what you guys want? :eusa_whistle:

Stinkers! :doubt:

Govern? Has he been doing that?

I guess that would just be too much for this president :lol:

Guess you had trouble when Bush did the exact same thing, eh?

Did you read the OP? No one is saying Obama did anything wrong in speaking at a Muslim event. What the OP said was that the president has issued a statement every Ramadan while never doing the same for Easter since taking office.

So he's required now to do every religious holiday?

Man..that's going to leave him little time to govern...

Hmm..maybe that's what you guys want? :eusa_whistle:

Stinkers! :doubt:
it will also cut into his vacation time .:eusa_whistle:

I simply find it troubling that the presiden of a Christian nation seems to have more time for Muslims then for people of the true faith of this nation.

We have a national religion?

Since when?

This nation was founded on Christianity and Christian principles.

You leftists always want to ignore that so you can push your secular agenda.

There's only one Christian principle in the Constitution.

Slavery.

Other then that..the US Constitution has nothing whatsoever to do with the Christian Bible, The Muslim Koran, or the Jewish Torah.

Nothing.

I simply find it troubling that the presiden of a Christian nation seems to have more time for Muslims then for people of the true faith of this nation.

We aren't a christian nation.

"One Nation Under God"

I rest my case. :cool:

That's not in the Constitution. That's the Pledge. And that was added in the 1950s..

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the federal flag and the Republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and formally adopted by Congress as the pledge in 1942. The Pledge has been modified four times since its composition, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the recital of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the National Exchange Club, Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Lions Club, Rotary Club, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, as well as other organizations. It is also commonly recited in school at the beginning of every school day.
Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you know anything at all about American History?

Yep and lets not forget the With liberty and justice for ALL. part.

And for a time the hitlar arm salute was given with the pledge.

Some interesting history there.

So I guess this never really happened???

2011 White House Easter Egg Roll | The White House

Idiot Hack

The President has never issued statements recognizing the observance of Easter or Good Friday. Perhaps you aren't a Christian, but these are rather important holidays.

It is insulting to Christians when the President has found time from his incredibly busy schedule to issue statements recognizing the observance of Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, Eid-ul-Adha, and a eight paragraph statement for the new age religion of Environmentalism for Earth Day.

That is all the OP is saying. If there was a Jew in the office and he acted the same way Jews would be insulted too.

Obviously this concept is far beyond comprehension for those religious hating-bigots on the left.

"One Nation Under God"

That's not in the Constitution. That's the Pledge. And that was added in the 1950s..

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the federal flag and the Republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and formally adopted by Congress as the pledge in 1942. The Pledge has been modified four times since its composition, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the recital of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the National Exchange Club, Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Lions Club, Rotary Club, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, as well as other organizations. It is also commonly recited in school at the beginning of every school day.

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

Mmmm-hmmm. No seriously,

Whose sock are you?

obama-pledge-of-allegiance.jpg

"One Nation Under God"

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

That's the Declaration. Not the Constitution. Don't worry..Rush Limbaugh made the same mistake.

No legislation, by the way is based on the Declaration. No litmus test is done against it. And no one swears to uphold the Declaration.

:lol:

Sorry bout that,

"One Nation Under God"

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

1. CHECKMATE!!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back