Obama, Guns, and Taxes and Health Care

R

rdean

NRA-ILA :: Bi-Partisan Congressional Majority Moves<br>to Restore Second Amendment in National Parks

Friday, May 22, 2009

On Wednesday, NRA-backed legislation to restore the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens in national parks and wildlife refuges passed in the U.S. House of Representatives by an overwhelming bipartisan majority of 279-147. Today, the measure was signed into law (by President Obama) and, as specified in the legislation, will take effect in nine months, on February 22, 2010. This was a major repudiation of the gun control community's anti self-defense agenda.

Obama-signed law will let militia pack heat at rally | Raw Story

It turns out, however, that it's President Obama who actually made their rally possible. In May 2009, he signed a measure allowing Americans to carry guns in national parks into law.

large_gun-national-park.jpg

Economic Stimulus - The New York Times

By November, a consensus had developed among analysts across a wide range of views that the stimulus package, as messy as it is, was working. But as unemployment rose above 10 percent, administration officials acknowledged that they had underestimated the depth of the recession, and pressure began to rise for a second round of stimulus -- to be called a jobs bill, to avoid the stigma that Republicans had sought to attach to stimulus.

The bill would give employers an exemption from payroll taxes through the end of 2010 on workers they hire who have been unemployed for at least 60 days. It also extends the federal highway construction program, shifts $20 billion to road and bridge building and takes other steps to bolster public improvement projects.

Obama Eyes $300 Billion Tax Cut - WSJ.com

President-elect Barack Obama and congressional Democrats are crafting a plan to offer about $300 billion of tax cuts to individuals and businesses, a move aimed at attracting Republican support for an economic-stimulus package and prodding companies to create jobs.

The size of the proposed tax cuts -- which would account for about 40% of a stimulus package

CBO Scores Confirms Deficit Neutrality of Health Reform Bill | Press Releases | Committee on Education and Labor

Washington, D.C. -- The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released estimates this evening confirming for the first time that H.R. 3200, America’s Affordable Health Choices Act, is deficit neutral over the 10-year budget window – and even produces a $6 billion surplus. CBO estimated more than $550 billion in gross Medicare and Medicaid savings. More importantly, the bill includes a comprehensive array of delivery reforms to set the stage for lowering the future growth in health care costs.

10 banks pay back TARP billions - Crain's New York Business

The banks repaying TARP are some of the industry's largest, including J.P.Morgan Chase & Co., which took $25 billion in TARP funds; American Express Co. for $3.39 billion; Bank of New York Mellon for $3 billion; and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley with $10 billion each.

BB&T Corp. and U.S. Bancorp. also said they were repaying their TARP money.

In addition to the money they're returning, the banks have paid Treasury more than $2 billion in dividends that were mandated under the TARP program. Taxpayers also will receive billions in exchange for the warrants, once Treasury and the banks can agree on how to price them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Let's see.

Obama expanded gun rights.

Obama cut taxes.

Obama insured millions more Americans under a Deficit Neutral Health Care program.

Obama brought in billions in interest from the bank bailouts.

Obama has been steadily restoring the economy.

Uh, so why are the Tea Baggers protesting again?

he had a choice; sign it or not. he knew he didn't have the votes to sustain a veto, so he signed it. BFD

Or maybe he signed it into law because he agreed with it?

Right..

Go look at his Voting History against Gun Rights, then come back.

Obama is from Chicago. Most murders here are committed with guns are owned by felons or bought illegally or owned illegally by children who are gang members. Obama has worked to keep illegal guns off the street. That is his voting record.

The fucking White wing has twisted that so even when he expands gun rights for honest Americans, they lie. They just lie. They are turds. They lie and lie about everything. Shitstains, pond scum. They are traitors to America.

Right..

Obama is from Chicago. Most murders here are committed with guns are owned by felons or bought illegally or owned illegally by children who are gang members. Obama has worked to keep illegal guns off the street. That is his voting record.

The fucking White wing has twisted that so even when he expands gun rights for honest Americans, they lie. They just lie. They are turds. They lie and lie about everything. Shitstains, pond scum. They are traitors to America.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Read that, then come back again.

White wing? rdean, your stupidity and Partisan blinds are showing.

Traitors to America? Yeah.. ok. :eusa_hand:

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Don't you understand?

Right..

I've lived in the inner city. The police aren't targeting gangs and trying to stop them from getting guns. If they tried that they already know they'd have an all out war on their hands. They go after law-abiding citizens that want to protect their families they know won't shoot back.

Gun control is just as much a stupid and futile effort as the war on drugs. Liberal retards who think you can get rid of guns are just as retarded as neo-coon christian rightist retards who think you can wage wars against inanimate objects and throw everyone who smokes a plant in jail.

The solution to the gun problem? In my mind there isn't one. So I'd like to have the right to protect myself.

Right..

I've lived in the inner city. The police aren't targeting gangs and trying to stop them from getting guns. If they tried that they already know they'd have an all out war on their hands. They go after law-abiding citizens that want to protect their families they know won't shoot back.
Gun control is just as much a stupid and futile effort as the war on drugs. Liberal retards who think you can get rid of guns are just as retarded as neo-coon christian rightist retards who think you can wage wars against inanimate objects and throw everyone who smokes a plant in jail.

The solution to the gun problem? In my mind there isn't one. So I'd like to have the right to protect myself.

You are so full of shit I can smell it from here. That's why the right is crazy. They believe absolute nonsense and can say it with a straight face.

Right..

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Read that, then come back again.

White wing? rdean, your stupidity and Partisan blinds are showing.

Traitors to America? Yeah.. ok. :eusa_hand:

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Don't you understand?

So I go and read it. It's pretty much what I said. Obama is from Chicago.

Some of his comments:

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it. (so there should be no constraint at all? I the right so loony, they would feel comfortable with felons owning guns?)

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don’t have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.
(give 'em guns)

“Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did

Q: You said recently, “I have no intention of taking away folks’ guns.” But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you’ve said that it’s constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it’s important for us to recognize that we’ve got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people’s traditions.
(so this doesn't make sense???????????)

Obama voted for a bill in the Illinois senate that allowed retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed weapons. If there was any issue on which Obama rarely deviated, it was gun control. He was the most strident candidate when it came to enforcin and expanding gun control laws. So this vote jumped out as inconsistent.
When I queried him about the vote, he said, “I didn’t find that [vote] surprising. I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he has previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms.“
(makes sense to me)

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

---------------------------------------------

Now all of this comes from your own fucking link. I don't know what else to say. Did you read it? Are you seriously protecting the rights of the mentally deranged to own firearms???????

What is wrong with you people????????

You are so full of shit I can smell it from here. That's why the right is crazy. They believe absolute nonsense and can say it with a straight face.

If you think for one second your government gives a fuck about the cities enough or even has the ABILITY to actually get guns off the streets without insane amounts of bloodshed you're a nutcase... or you just live in your own little world.

I'll say this again: PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK. It fails every time. That goes as much for guns as it does anything else. There was just the case of the 14 year old with the automatic gun driving a van with his brothers who shot into a crowd full of people in SE DC. Out of the tri-state area (DelMarVa) Maryland has the strictest gun laws. The 14-year-old is from Maryland. Hell, it's easier to get a gun on the street in Maryland then any other state I've been too. But it's hard as hell to get a legal registered weapon as a law abiding citizen. Where the fuck does that make sense? In who's sorry sick twisted little mind does that make us safer? And how do they figure that?

The fact is YOU HAVE NO FACTS to back your bullshit argument up, and you don't even have an argument. You just resorted to calling me a crazy rightist, which means I KNOW you have nothing of value to contribute to this conversation.

If you think for one second your government gives a fuck about the cities enough or even has the ABILITY to actually get guns off the streets without insane amounts of bloodshed you're a nutcase... or you just live in your own little world.

I'll say this again: PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK. It fails every time. That goes as much for guns as it does anything else. There was just the case of the 14 year old with the automatic gun driving a van with his brothers who shot into a crowd full of people in SE DC. Out of the tri-state area (DelMarVa) Maryland has the strictest gun laws. The 14-year-old is from Maryland. Hell, it's easier to get a gun on the street in Maryland then any other state I've been too. But it's hard as hell to get a legal registered weapon as a law abiding citizen. Where the fuck does that make sense? In who's sorry sick twisted little mind does that make us safer? And how do they figure that?

The fact is YOU HAVE NO FACTS to back your bullshit argument up, and you don't even have an argument. You just resorted to calling me a crazy rightist, which means I KNOW you have nothing of value to contribute to this conversation.

Your statement:

"They go after law-abiding citizens that want to protect their families they know won't shoot back."

You stand by that statement?

Your statement:

"They go after law-abiding citizens that want to protect their families they know won't shoot back."

Yes.

Your statement:

Yes.

Well, I admit. I'm stunned.

Forum List

Back