Obama gives China the finger

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
A game of military gamesmanship

China condemns U.S. warship's route in South China Sea

Beijing reacted angrily Tuesday to a decision by the U.S. Navy to sail a guided-missile destroyer within 12 miles of artificial islands under construction by China in the South China Sea.
The USS Lassen sailed within the presumed territorial limits around the new islands at Subi and Mischief reefs. Those reefs are among seven oceanic features in the disputed South China Sea where China is dredging sand and building major land-based facilities – including long runways and deep-water ports.
China’s Foreign Ministry was quick to condemn the U.S. action Tuesday, saying the ship's actions were illegal and that the moved threatened regional peace as well as U.S.-China relations.

It does not seem illegal to me--------but I am not all that sure about
BUILDING ISLANDS in international waters

It creates an interesting international legal issue

If I build my own island in the middle of international waters, do I get to stake out a 12 mile radius of ocean around it?

It's all a bunch of bullshit. Next the pentagon will be saying we need to significantly enlarge the Pacific fleet and China gets an excuse to keep on with the shit they are doing. It's a win-win for both military establishments.

If I build my own island in the middle of international waters, do I get to stake out a 12 mile radius of ocean around it?

time to get busy BUILDING ISLANDS in order to get strategic control-----
what a brilliant idea

The Chinese are making hay while the sun shines. They understand the community organizer pajama boy's time is coming to an end and they want to stick the finger to him just like Putin.

China's not going to stop expanding their military and we're not going to do anything about it.
Except expand our military but since you think this is our problem what do you think we should do?

Its not our problem but evidently O thinks it is.
I get it, this is one of those many things where the president is wrong no matter what he does. Carry on finding fault but offering no alternatives.

Obama will cave if the Chinese confront him on this. That is his history in foreign affairs and they know it.

Its always fun to watch lib presidents get their panties all wadded up screaming about freeing nepal and acting all big against china.....and then scampering away like a scared chinchilla.

Its always fun to watch lib presidents get their panties all wadded up screaming about freeing nepal and acting all big against china.....and then scampering away like a scared chinchilla.
Again other than registering our disapproval what is there to be done? Complain louder? You want to start a trade war or even a shooting war over petty bullshit? Tell us what you would approve of here?

Again other than registering our disapproval what is there to be done? Complain louder? You want to start a trade war or even a shooting war over petty bullshit? Tell us what you would approve of here?

That's just the problem. We dont have leverage anymore. We blew that when we borrowed trillions from them and gave away our economy.

A game of military gamesmanship

China condemns U.S. warship's route in South China Sea

Beijing reacted angrily Tuesday to a decision by the U.S. Navy to sail a guided-missile destroyer within 12 miles of artificial islands under construction by China in the South China Sea.
The USS Lassen sailed within the presumed territorial limits around the new islands at Subi and Mischief reefs. Those reefs are among seven oceanic features in the disputed South China Sea where China is dredging sand and building major land-based facilities – including long runways and deep-water ports.
China’s Foreign Ministry was quick to condemn the U.S. action Tuesday, saying the ship's actions were illegal and that the moved threatened regional peace as well as U.S.-China relations.

I have a feeling that this is more about the US military than any orders from the far left drone Obama..

This proves the far left drones do not anything!

Forum List

Back