Obama Foreign Policy Successes?

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
I read in another thread where a poster actually implied Obama has been successful in foreign policy. I will admit, I was truly stunned. I cannot think of a bigger foreign policy failure than Obama in my lifetime.

These are my Obama foreign policy "successes." I will admit, I am sort of trying to be humorous....but has he had any successes? Am I being unfair?

Bush at least accomplished a tremendous amount of good in Africa. Is there any similar accomplishment Obama can point to?

1. Syria....."I was for invasion before I was against it."

2. Libya...."I support the rule of law except when it comes the use of military force."

3. Benghazi...enough said.

4. Israel...."Let's continually shit on the closest ally we have in the region."

5. Western Europe....."Let's steal all the cell phone data from our closest allies and then lie about it. That won't piss them off....will it?"

6. "Let's shit on all the Gulf Arabs in favor of Iran....because deep down, Iran likes us...right?"

7. Apologize repeatedly for American exceptionalism...and then niavely think the people that hate us will give a shit.

Last edited:
Success?None.
Failuers? Plenty

The newest one is the last month idiocy against the Indian diplomat, however, this one is to be blamed on the Manhattan prosecutor mostly, clearly personally involved in the case ( a corruption scheme) not the obama admin by itself.
But inability of the administration to restrain the idiot prosecutor in his plight to fame IS a failure of this administration which resulted in hte Indian-US tensions.

Come on people....even a complete idiot can occasionally get lucky. Is there any foreign policy success for Obama? Anything?

We should've blown up Iran and Syria and found a way to rope our allies into a long conflict that ends up benefiting China and throws gas on the fire of hatred towards America by our enemies.

You know get our swag back

School...sad and lame. I thought you were better than this. Not one single Obama foreign policy success? Nothing? Come on....he has to have done at least one thing that didn't blow up in his face.

Mr. President...a question on your Middle East policy...Mr. President?

176547342.jpg

We should've blown up Iran and Syria and found a way to rope our allies into a long conflict that ends up benefiting China and throws gas on the fire of hatred towards America by our enemies.

School...sad and lame. I thought you were better than this. Not one single Obama foreign policy success? Nothing? Come on....he has to have done at least one thing that didn't blow up in his face.

He improved our relations with the Prime Minister of Denmark

Come on people....even a complete idiot can occasionally get lucky. Is there any foreign policy success for Obama? Anything?

He gave the Queen an iPod

Yeah...remember when he gave the British Prime Minister a bunch of cheap DVD's? It was funny because none of the DVD's would play on British DVD players. A completely inappropriate gift to a key ally, and then he even fucks that up. It was so classically Obama. :lol:

He improved our relations with the Prime Minister of Denmark

I think the more accurate description is Obama made an ass of himself at a memorial service for a beloved world figure. I like the humor School, but when even you can't come up with anything I think I have my answer. Obama has been a complete, utter failure in foreign policy.

I approve of his drone vs boots on the ground policy (in most cases)

Getting UBL

The manner in which he took on Libya (airstrikes not the actual war)

Thats about it imo. Everything else is a clusterfuck that looks like amateur hour.

Getting UBL was his high point. I would call that more anti-terrorism then foreign policy though. Al-Qaeda is stateless. Killing UBL was not really a foreign policy initiative. The military operation in Libya was well done (as was the initial invasion of Iraq). The aftermath in both places was bungled by both Bush and Obama imho.

Shift to Asia, withdrawal of troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, sparing our troops in Libya and Syria, arms reduction with Russia, dialogue with Iran, Sunnylands meeting with President of China...

But I'm sure you'll use your opinion to argue those all were failures. Making the discussion moot. Which is why I made jokes.

Yes.

UK PM Brown gave Mr Obama a wooden desk set made from the timbers of a British Royal Navy ship which spent years, in the early 19th century, wiping out the slave trade on the African coast. In return for this carefully chosen gift, precious not in value but in history and sentiment, your president gave a few CDs of Holywood musicals - that could not be payed on European equipment.

Rightly or wrongly this was seen in Britain as a calculated insult.

Yes.

UK PM Brown gave Mr Obama a wooden desk set made from the timbers of a British Royal Navy ship which spent years, in the early 19th century, wiping out the slave trade on the African coast. In return for this carefully chosen gift, precious not in value but in history and sentiment, your president gave a few CDs of Holywood musicals - that could not be payed on European equipment.

Rightly or wrongly this was seen in Britain as a calculated insult.

Ah that's just cause they never got to see how great the musicals were :thup:

Shift to Asia, withdrawal of troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, sparing our troops in Libya and Syria, arms reduction with Russia, dialogue with Iran, Sunnylands meeting with President of China...

But I'm sure you'll use your opinion to argue those all were failures. Making the discussion moot. Which is why I made jokes.

School...be brave man....stand up for your opinions. We have always been respectful to each other....at least I hope so.

I am glad we're out of Iraq. But the failure to negotiate a status of forces agreement was a major blunder. We needed to maintain a residual military force there as we did in Korea and Europe after those wars. Obama completely blew it by not negotiating a status of forces agreement. We should have never gone to Iraq in the first place, but once there, you have to maintain some kind of presence. History will judge him harshly for that. We need a status of forces agreement in Afganistan....my guess is Obama blows that one as well. All the blood and treasure expended completely wasted.

Syria was botched terribly....the ultimate outcome is an open question but it does not look good. Ditto Libya. Our relations with Russia and China are probably the worst they've been since the cold war. Not a whole lot to hang your hat on imo.

Last edited:

Yeah...remember when he gave the British Prime Minister a bunch of cheap DVD's? It was funny because none of the DVD's would play on British DVD players. A completely inappropriate gift to a key ally, and then he even fucks that up. It was so classically Obama. :lol:

I posted my #15 before I had seen this. You are right: it was DVDs not CDs.

You and I remember this incident and you can be quite sure so does the Foreign and commonwealth Office. I think it marked the start of the steady decline of respect for Mr Obama in the UK.

I posted my #15 before I had seen this. You are right: it was DVDs not CDs.

You and I remember this incident and you can be quite sure so does the Foreign and commonwealth Office. I think it marked the start of the steady decline of respect for Mr Obama in the UK.

But you are correct as well. It was an insulting "gift" that hurt relations with a key European ally.

Last edited:
The return of Churchill's bust started his first administration with a "bang" as a shot in the foot. That was unbelievable. We should have realized then what kind of foreign policy we were in for at that point.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back