Obama Cancels Transparency Award Event for Undisclosed Reason

The event didn't take place as scheduled. If you want to quibble over Cancelled vs. Postponed, go ahead.

The rest of us will just continue to chuckle over the thought of the bastard love child of Richard M. Nixon receiving a Sunshine Award.

Maybe they got confused and it's really for promoting solar power.

The event didn't take place as scheduled. If you want to quibble over Cancelled vs. Postponed, go ahead.

The rest of us will just continue to chuckle over the thought of the bastard love child of Richard M. Nixon receiving a Sunshine Award.

WARNING!!! Another con circle-jerk in progress. BOEDICCA lies about a bastard love child of Richard M. Nixon, when the birth certificate plainly says "postponed", and all the usual suspects chime in about the "cancellation"! Any wonder many of us see Obama as a shoo-in in 2012? When you have opponents like this, how can you lose? They eventually shit all over their own message because, THEY JUST CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

WARNING!!! Another con circle-jerk in progress. BOEDICCA lies about a bastard love child of Richard M. Nixon, when the birth certificate plainly says "postponed", and all the usual suspects chime in about the "cancellation"! Any wonder many of us see Obama as a shoo-in in 2012? When you have opponents like this, how can you lose? They eventually shit all over their own message because, THEY JUST CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

I like shoo-fly-pie!

And Ina Bi-winner. I'm going to join the dnc so I can vote twice. :eusa_angel:

Tricky Dick is the father?

hmm

That could explain all the posturing....

I'm convinced that Obama is the result of a threesome between his mom, Tricky Dicky, and Jimmeh Cartah.

I'm convinced that Obama is the result of a threesome between his mom, Tricky Dicky, and Jimmeh Cartah.

I always thought he had Mousalini dna and hyeena blood running through him. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously. Look at all the pics of Obama doing the chin pointing thing he does and then look at some pics of Musalini (bah! how do you spell that name!)

WARNING!!! Another con circle-jerk in progress. The OP lies about an event being cancelled, when the article title plainly says "postponed", and all the usual suspects chime in about the "cancellation"! Any wonder many of us see Obama as a shoo-in in 2012? When you have opponents like this, how can you lose? They eventually shit all over their own message because, THEY JUST CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

LMAO.....a poster who allows semantics to guide his life and his decision making.
Another pathetic individual shows his/her ugly side.

I always thought he had Mousalini dna and hyeena blood running through him. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously. Look at all the pics of Obama doing the chin pointing thing he does and then look at some pics of Musalini (bah! how do you spell that name!)

Moose-a-lini

Moose-a-lini

Sounds like a Candian pasta dish. :lol:

You can't make this stuff up. Obama is truly a satire of himself.

Despite his claims to run the most transparent White House EVAH, his adminstration has denied an incredibly high rate of FOIA requests (a third). Bills are not posted on line in advance of voting..and so on.

And yet, he was to receive an Award For Transparency at a ceremony the other day...

President Obama was due to accept an award from a coalition of good government groups recognizing "his deep commitment to an open and transparent government" in conjunction with Sunshine Week, the UPI reports.

However, reporters were told the event was postponed "due to changes to the President's schedule." No other reason was given.

Sunshine Award Event Postponed for Unspecified Reasons
Gee....what're the chances there was an unplanned RSVP, from....

Ahahahahahaha!

Obama finally accepted the Transparency Award...in a secret ceremony.

Really, if he keep this up, The Onion is going to go out of business.

President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

The secret presentation happened almost two weeks after the White House inexplicably postponed the ceremony, which was expected to be open to the press pool.

This time, Obama met quietly in the Oval Office with Gary Bass of OMB Watch, Tom Blanton of the National Security Archive, Danielle Brian of the Project on Government Oversight, Lucy Dalglish of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, and Patrice McDermott of OpenTheGovernment.org, without disclosing the meeting on his public schedule or letting photographers or print reporters into the room.

“Our understanding going into the meeting was that it would have a pool photographer and a print reporter, and it turned out to be a private meeting,” Bass told POLITICO. “He was so on point, so on target in the conversation with us, it is baffling why he would not want that message to be more broadly heard by reporters and the public interest community and the public generally.”

Shh! Obama gets anti-secrecy award | POLITICO 44

Despite his claims to run the most transparent White House EVAH, his adminstration has denied an incredibly high rate of FOIA requests (a third). Bills are not posted on line in advance of voting..and so on.

And yet, he was to receive an Award For Transparency at a ceremony the other day...

President Obama was due to accept an award from a coalition of good government groups recognizing "his deep commitment to an open and transparent government" in conjunction with Sunshine Week, the UPI reports.

However, reporters were told the event was postponed "due to changes to the President's schedule." No other reason was given.

Since when is it the job of the President (in the Executive Branch of our gov't) to post pending bills on-line prior to a vote by Congress when it's a different branch of the gov't?

Since when is it the job of the President (in the Executive Branch of our gov't) to post pending bills on-line prior to a vote by Congress when it's a different branch of the gov't?

it isnt.
But he was the one who PROMISED that he would have that done....remember...."we are going to CHANGE the way we do things in Washington"
"I will examine each bill with a scapel and make sure there are no earmarks"
"I will make sure there are no back room deals"
"I will post all bills on line for 48 hours before they are voted on"

Hey...he was the won who promised it. Dont blame us.
His whole platform was about changing the way washington does things.
And exactly what change has there been?

Obama PROMISED to publish bills online five days before signing them.

During the campaign, Barack Obama promised to post every bill that passed Congress online for five days before signing the legislation, to give the public a chance to comment.

The 5-Day Online Bill Pledge - NYTimes.com

Another Broken Promise by an inept and corrupt "organizer".

Which ones are you looking for? I go here just about every other day Congress is in session to see what's been introduced, and it gives me a summary first and further details if I want more information.

112th Congress - All Bills: 112th Congress - OpenCongress

And hey, at least the FOIA was reinstalled after Ashcroft made it so difficult to get information, people just gave up.

Holder rescinds Ashcroft-era FOIA guidelines - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency
Attorney General Eric Holder today sent a memo to agency heads that reverses FOIA guidelines that have been in place since Oct. 12, 2001. The Bush-era presumption, established by then-attorney general John Ashcroft, was that agencies should first assume that information should not be released -- and put most of the burden on the requester to prove otherwise.

Plus there ARE restrictions in place as to what type of information can be released under the Freedom of Information Act.

He has been extremely transparent. We can all see right through his lies to the truth. So I guess he kinda deserves the award :)

I've heard that the transparency award is your personal framed TSA scan.

The TSA scanners are a bigger radiation hazard to U.S. residents than are the Japanese Nukes!

It looks like the TSA has found itself at the center of another storm. In other news, I understand that stars are hot sometimes. New tests show that the scanners the TSA has deployed around the country at “at least” 78 airports show radiation levels way beyond what was expected. We’re talking 10 times higher. But don’t fret: the TSA says the test results are flawed, and that the machines truly are safe as can be. Honest.

TSA Blames High Radiation Scanner Machine Results On Flawed Testing Method

I refused to go through the scanner on my last trip and had to submit to the pat down. VV hideous, but a good decision.

I'm sure it was hideous.

shress.jpg

Kate Middleton in the dress that brought Prince William to his knees?

Ahahahahahaha!

Obama finally accepted the Transparency Award...in a secret ceremony.

Really, if he keep this up, The Onion is going to go out of business.

President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

The secret presentation happened almost two weeks after the White House inexplicably postponed the ceremony, which was expected to be open to the press pool.

This time, Obama met quietly in the Oval Office with Gary Bass of OMB Watch, Tom Blanton of the National Security Archive, Danielle Brian of the Project on Government Oversight, Lucy Dalglish of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, and Patrice McDermott of OpenTheGovernment.org, without disclosing the meeting on his public schedule or letting photographers or print reporters into the room.

“Our understanding going into the meeting was that it would have a pool photographer and a print reporter, and it turned out to be a private meeting,” Bass told POLITICO. “He was so on point, so on target in the conversation with us, it is baffling why he would not want that message to be more broadly heard by reporters and the public interest community and the public generally.”

Shh! Obama gets anti-secrecy award | POLITICO 44

He probably did it in secret because he knew the Asshole Brigade would be out in full force. But wait, it didn't matter, because there you were and here you all are! (Well not all, some haven't seen your thread on this important news yet, but I'm sure when they do, they'll all agree that it should be a breaking news story on every cable channel.)

Forum List

Back