Obama and Jobs: Why I Don't Believe Him Anymore

Gotta love scaring the elders, the ill and having double standards!

"Now, I realize there are some in my party who don’t think we should make any changes at all to Medicare and Medicaid, and I understand their concerns," Obama said during his speech Thursday. "But here’s the truth. Millions of Americans rely on Medicare in their retirement. And millions more will do so in the future. They pay for this benefit during their working years. They earn it. But with an aging population and rising health care costs, we are spending too fast to sustain the program. And if we don’t gradually reform the system while protecting current beneficiaries, it won’t be there when future retirees need it. We have to reform Medicare to strengthen it. "

Whatever happened to 'finding all the fraud' in Medicare?
Why is it that people are forced on Medicare when they have private insurance?

I thought there was half a trillion there to fund obamacare.

But this Taibbi character doesn't like him because he's too conservative. I read a couple of Taibbi's pieces. He'd make Josef Stalin look like Rush Limbaugh

Mostly true, but Liberals put Obama in office and he's not governing like a Liberal. Don't you want your right-wing nuts to govern like right-wing nuts when you vote them into office? Liberals just wanted what they thought they were voting for - but they ain't gettin' it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME]Casablanca gambling? I'm shocked! - YouTube[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it's a hard life, kid, but it's even harder when you're stupid.

Duh, you're missing the point. Obama is acting like the GOP.

ROFLMAO, your an idiot dude. Acting like the GOP? So in your mind any Liberal who is not totally Left wing at all turns, is "acting like the GOP"

Fucking my god dude. Grow up.

Because the GOP pushes infrastructure spending to stimulate the economy, right?
Geezus some people are so sunk in ideology they cannot look beyond their noses.

Yep, and the GOP is always saying lets tax the Rich to pay for it too right. LOL

Glad to see you are finally noticing. It's Not just the GOP that thinks he is Failing as a leader anymore.

ROFLMAO, your an idiot dude. Acting like the GOP? So in your mind any Liberal who is not totally Left wing at all turns, is "acting like the GOP"

OR here's something Lathola may be over looking obama is acting like a liberal with 100 percent tested failure polices.

The article is pretty simple. Taibbi is saying that in practice Obama has governed in a manner more fiscally conservative than Taibbi wants and more than Taibbi had previously expected. I don't think Obama is acting like the GOP, but obviously some people do think exactly that. That is hardly an indication that Obama is in trouble. Note that Taibbi did not accuse Obama of a lack of leadership, or give any hint that he wasn't supporting him in 2012. He just expressed disappointment.

When your Base is disappointed in your, less of them are motivated to come out to Vote. The Republicans learned that in 08, and we saw it again with the 2010 Elections. So you are right, they are not going to go out and vote for a Republican, But many of them may just not go out and vote at all, and Obama can not afford that.

Glad to see you are finally noticing. It's Not just the GOP that thinks he is Failing as a leader anymore.

I think the point of the article's author is that Barry is full of hot air and empty promises. He doesn't act like a Republican...he "acts" like a President. Notice I didn't say he WAS Presidential because lets face it, he really doesn't DO much of anything besides fly around on Air Force One...have town hall meetings in front of hand picked crowds...have $35,000 a plate fund raisers with the rich and famous and his favorite thing...hob nobbing with sports teams that have won championships so he can get a swell jersey with his name on it.

Being a leader means making tough decisions and coming up with solutions to problems.

Barack Obama is the guy who voted "Present" on the tough calls and he ran out of solutions to our problems about the same time he stepped over the threshold of the Oval Office. As a good friend of mine who's an uber-liberal put it...he's been "underwhelming".

Last edited:
with obama's failures put you one day closer to the poor house. Can you handle it? ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE FALL? I am

I'm okay. I survived Bush - all without lubricant...

Bush with a republican congress had 5 prcent unemployment rate Bush with a democratic congress and obama in that congress Bush had an unemployment rat of 8 percent. obama is nearing 10 percent againwith a record number of people seeking food stamps obama has no new job for last month
Yep I am sure you survied Bush because the economy was doing good. But can you survive with a obama economy?

If he succeeds in embarassing the GOP into cooperation, the economy starts recovering, and he's reelected, I think he was as successful as possible, and can get the country moving and civil...no mean accomplishment. ACA will be HUGE.

But this Taibbi character doesn't like him because he's too conservative. I read a couple of Taibbi's pieces. He'd make Josef Stalin look like Rush Limbaugh

Mostly true, but Liberals put Obama in office and he's not governing like a Liberal. Don't you want your right-wing nuts to govern like right-wing nuts when you vote them into office? Liberals just wanted what they thought they were voting for - but they ain't gettin' it.

It feels good when they're smooth talking and blowing sweet nothings in your ear...then you wake up to reality.

:eusa_hand:... I'm innocent...:lol:

If he succeeds in embarassing the GOP into cooperation, the economy starts recovering, and he's reelected, I think he was as successful as possible, and can get the country moving and civil...no mean accomplishment. ACA will be HUGE.

In order for the country to start recovering, he would have to leave office.

The election is still a year away...

... so figure on it taking that long to come to one of their famous 'down to the deadline' deals...

... then figure on another year to implement it...

... then figure on another year for it to start showing some effect on the economy, with another year for it to have some appreciable effect on the economy...

... and that's only if everything goes smoothly (which it probably won't)...

... and there are no new crises (which there probably will).
:redface:

In order for the country to start recovering, he would have to leave office.

That just about sums it up

Forum List

Back