Obama and Jobs: Why I Don't Believe Him Anymore

The more important thing is that the people he's surrounded himself with are not labor people, but stooges from Wall Street. Barack Obama has as his chief of staff a former top-ranking executive from one of the most grossly corrupt mega-companies on earth, JP Morgan Chase. He sees Bill Daley in his own office every day, yet when it comes time to talk abut labor issues, he has to go out and make selected visits twice a year or whatever to the Richard Trumkas of the world.

Bingo

Gotta love scaring the elders, the ill and having double standards!

"Now, I realize there are some in my party who don’t think we should make any changes at all to Medicare and Medicaid, and I understand their concerns," Obama said during his speech Thursday. "But here’s the truth. Millions of Americans rely on Medicare in their retirement. And millions more will do so in the future. They pay for this benefit during their working years. They earn it. But with an aging population and rising health care costs, we are spending too fast to sustain the program. And if we don’t gradually reform the system while protecting current beneficiaries, it won’t be there when future retirees need it. We have to reform Medicare to strengthen it. "

Whatever happened to 'finding all the fraud' in Medicare?
Why is it that people are forced on Medicare when they have private insurance?

I thought there was half a trillion there to fund obamacare.

And there will be...as soon as the printing presses are fired up again!

But this Taibbi character doesn't like him because he's too conservative. I read a couple of Taibbi's pieces. He'd make Josef Stalin look like Rush Limbaugh

Mostly true, but Liberals put Obama in office and he's not governing like a Liberal. Don't you want your right-wing nuts to govern like right-wing nuts when you vote them into office? Liberals just wanted what they thought they were voting for - but they ain't gettin' it.

I suppose. I bitched about GWB, but Taibbi is to Liberals what anti government militias are to Conservatism.The man is a totally off the wall nut case.

Matt Taibbi has worked very hard to document and present Wall Street's fraud and its subsequent takeover of Washington. Very many on the right sympathize with his cause. I really don't care if Taibbi's politics taken in the aggregate are to the left of mine, just as I don't care if Ron Paul's politics taken in the aggregate are to the right of mine. Both stand on their principles and decry what's wrong with America.

I'm still shaking my head at Obama's "solution" as to how this was going to be paid for. He knew the American people were overwhelmingly against adding more debt so he looked into the cameras and brazenly declared that all of his stimulus plan would be "paid for". As for the specifics of how that was going to be done? Why, that's going to be the same super committee that's supposed to come up with cuts promised in the debt ceiling deal that will now also be tasked with coming up with some way to pay for Obama's half a trillion in stimulus. The most amazing thing about that concept is that anyone with half a brain can look at who is ON that super committee and know that there is no way that they are ever going to come to an agreement on cuts.

The audacity of that is mind boggling. It's as if we've divided our government into two entities...one, headed by the President who's job it is to SPEND all the money...and the other made up of a small Congressional committee that's supposed to figure out a way to make all that spending possible. I've never seen anything quite like this before. We have a President that's incapable of sitting down and coming up with a budget.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back