Obama Admits He Didn't Want Low Gas Prices

Does anyone think all the oilmen in Bush's administration wanted lower oil prices?

lol.
Who is this guy?

Bush asks a bunch of energy guys about how to run his energy policy.
Obama asks a bunch of tree-huggers about how to run his energy policy.

Which approach makes more sense?

Which president is presiding over better results?
Not Obama.

Unless you think skyrocketing energy costs to each and every one of us is good.

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Have your electric costs skyrocketed because of something Obama has done?

It's nice to have evidence of Obama saying he wanted higher gas prices to stomp libs into the ground when they claim he has caused them to drop.

They are getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO stomped right now....LOL

Does anyone think all the oilmen in Bush's administration wanted lower oil prices?

lol.
Who is this guy?

Not Obama.

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Well, Obama is for shutting down coal elec plants before they need replacing because of wearing out. It's no secret that his view of how to move to alternative fuels is based, in part, on rising costs of carbon fuels. However, because the GOP went with Palin and "drill here drill now" bs, when the reality was the oil extraction folks are extracting about as fast as they can, and our domestic supply of gasoline cannot expand without private industry refining more gas, and that would mean building new refineries. So, after treating voters like idiots, they ran Romney and lost.

lol.
Who is this guy?

Not Obama.

Well, Obama is for shutting down coal elec plants before they need replacing because of wearing out. It's no secret that his view of how to move to alternative fuels is based, in part, on rising costs of carbon fuels. However, because the GOP went with Palin and "drill here drill now" bs, when the reality was the oil extraction folks are extracting about as fast as they can, and our domestic supply of gasoline cannot expand without private industry refining more gas, and that would mean building new refineries. So, after treating voters like idiots, they ran Romney and lost.

I'm guessing you won't be surprise if I disagree with ya, will ya Bendog. I mean there is a little truth sprinkled in there but only a little.

It's nice to have evidence of Obama saying he wanted higher gas prices to stomp libs into the ground when they claim he has caused them to drop.

A series of desperation bumps. Once again, the video posted said no such thing. Apparently the Ministry of Truth believes constant yammering pretense will somehow convince somebody.

Good luck with that.

A series of desperation bumps. Once again, the video posted said no such thing. Apparently the Ministry of Truth believes constant yammering pretense will somehow convince somebody.

Good luck with that.

A series of desperation bumps. LOL, hell yeah...that describes Candy and her faux thread to a tee. :)
:dance:
She's obsessed with bumping that thread. I am doing a number of different threads.

Good luck with that.

A series of desperation bumps. LOL, hell yeah...that describes Candy and her faux thread to a tee. :)
She's obsessed with bumping that thread. I am doing a number of different threads.

What the hell is this "Candy" you keep fantasizing here? This is your thread. I know that's not pretty but that's what the site sez.

It's all bs, beyond the kernel of truth that early on in Obama's presidency they decided that X$ per gallon would support alternatives. Nothing new there. Cheney said the same. They did give out money to battery builders, and I disagreed with that. No subsidizing by the govt.

Good luck with that.

What the hell is this "Candy" you keep fantasizing here? This is your thread. I know that's not pretty but that's what the site sez.

Wake up twinkle toes.

Keep up.

Some of us tell the truth about Obama. Some of you don't.

Good luck with that.

Wake up twinkle toes.

Keep up.

Some of us tell the truth about Obama. Some of you don't.

Soooo... you refer to O'bama as "Candy" huh?
Do you not even read your own posts?

I just don't see what any potus could do to raise gas prices. Arguably, gas prices could fall if cheap fracking/shale crude gets to US refineries. But the pipleline is not heading for domestic consumption. And absent a pipleline, the only way the crude travels is by rail, and I doubt Obama would reject any congressional appropriation to buck up the nation's railway.

I just don't see what any potus could do to raise gas prices. Arguably, gas prices could fall if cheap fracking/shale crude gets to US refineries. But the pipleline is not heading for domestic consumption. And absent a pipleline, the only way the crude travels is by rail, and I doubt Obama would reject any congressional appropriation to buck up the nation's railway.

This is just like the Iraq SOFA argument where we Capitalists have explained it over and over in multiple threads. He can't move prices alone....but his policies can impact to varying degrees and in either direction.

I'm just wondering why supposed free market advocates would think it's the President's responsibility to keep gas prices low.

It's all bs, beyond the kernel of truth that early on in Obama's presidency they decided that X$ per gallon would support alternatives. Nothing new there. Cheney said the same. They did give out money to battery builders, and I disagreed with that. No subsidizing by the govt.
The proof is out for all to see

Forum List

Back