Obama Administration Will Challenge NC, TX and FL Voter Suppression Laws

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013
Hillary Clinton Calls For Election Reform, Condemns States' 'Assault On Voting Rights'

SAN FRANCISCO -- Potential 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton kicked off a series of speeches on Monday with a call to combat what she called an "assault on voting rights."

She spent most of her 45-minute talk to about 1,000 members of the American Bar Association assailing a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a significant part of the Voting Rights Act and discussing what she sees as "deep flaws in our electoral system" as it relates to racial discrimination at the polls.

Hillary Clinton Calls For Election Reform, Condemns States' 'Assault On Voting Rights'

N.C. sued soon after voter ID bill signed into law

NEW YORK North Carolina Gov. Patrick McCrory has signed a sweeping voting reform bill that imposes strict photo identification requirements on the state's 4.5 million voters, rolls back the early voting period and repeals one-stop registration during early voting.

Almost immediately following the signing, civil rights groups filed lawsuits in federal court challenging the law.

N.C. sued soon after voter ID bill signed into law - CBS News

Voting rights legislation is an affront to freedom. Where are the rights of the dead? Where is the right to on behalf of your neighbor or your grandmother? Where is the right to vote more than once?

Key Democrat constituencies are being disenfranchises, it's not right. Bless Hillary for speaking out against this travesty.

the "Right" to cast illegal ballots is what she is wanting to keep.

What does Republican efforts to suppress legal voters have to do with illegals voting? You're just trying to divert the topic. Why do you condone voter suppression? :hmpf:

How is expecting a i.d to vote to prove that you're a US citizen = voter suppression? This simply doesn't make sense.

You need a i.d for food stamps, booze and to drive a car.

Voting rights legislation is an affront to freedom. Where are the rights of the dead? Where is the right to on behalf of your neighbor or your grandmother? Where is the right to vote more than once?

Key Democrat constituencies are being disenfranchises, it's not right. Bless Hillary for speaking out against this travesty.

These things you listed are reasons for the i.d. Why do you on the left want these groups voting?:eek:

These things you listed are reasons for the i.d. Why do you on the left want these groups voting?:eek:

I'd click your sarcasm detector with your finger, I think the needle is stuck...

I'd click your sarcasm detector with your finger, I think the needle is stuck...

Wasn't aimed at you...Aimed at the left. ;)

What does Republican efforts to suppress legal voters have to do with illegals voting? You're just trying to divert the topic. Why do you condone voter suppression? :hmpf:

Because the perception is that the votes which are suppressed are democratic votes.

Because the perception is that the votes which are suppressed are democratic votes.

So you're saying that the democratic voters aren't capable of signing up for id's? So they can drive and get drunk without one too???

How is this fair?

How is expecting a i.d to vote to prove that you're a US citizen = voter suppression? This simply doesn't make sense.

Voter ID is not the issue.

It's the obstructions Republicans are putting up to minority voters that will flood the Supreme Court with cases, and drain the po folk in the Southern States.

The cost of obtaining an ID, the distance needed to travel to obtain an ID, the restricted hours to obtain a voter ID, and the unreadable rules to obtain a voter ID .....

Along with limiting voting days and hours to the white folk schedule.....

In any event, as long as the tea party 'angels' will finance the po folks defending the endless law suits from the left .... they have no complaints

:)

Last edited:
Asking to show ID will get you on an airplane, into a Federal building or let you cash a check, but is "Voter Suppression" this is after the government has all your emails and phone calls anyway

Clearly how hard Democrats fight to keep illegal voting in place shows that you are also completely aware of who illegals vote for.

No Konradv
Illegal ballots not illegal voters

What illegal ballots. Haven't they been proven to be figments of the imagination of those that can't believe they lost? If you have proof, I'd like to see it, otherwise... :dunno:

Forum List

Back