NYT: CIA Bought Chemical Weapons In Iraq

Annie

Diamond Member
Reaction score

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
But there were no WMDs, everyone knows that now.

I

Indofred

Many rockets were in poor condition and some were empty or held a nonlethal liquid
So, some con men picked up some old unusable rockets, filled them with whatever they could find, a few with a bit of nasty stuff, and sold them to daft Americans for lots of money. The real stuff would probably have either come from a lab, or maybe supplied by the CIA so they didn't look quite so stupid.

PS - You realise the US assisted Saddam's gas attacks against Iran, don't you?

Exclusive CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran Foreign Policy

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We knew Iraq had chemical weapons. They provided no proof all of them were destroyed. Logic.... I know, a foreign concept to Liberals... logic says that there were some chemical weapons buried, moved out of country or hidden well enough so they haven't been found, but could be retrieved if Sadam had gotten a chance to get to them.
Enter CIA and claims they bought some chemical warheads. For whatever reasons, the purchases were hidden from the public.

Proof? Hell no, but more plausible than weapons that were not destroyed simply ceased to exist as Libs claim.

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Reaction score

longknife

Diamond Member
Reaction score

C.I.A. Is Said to Have Bought and Destroyed Iraqi Chemical Weapons – NYTimes.com

So all you Bush Bashers – stuff it!

This doesn't come from a right-wing source.

My question is – why did the Bush administration keep this secret? Why let the Lefties continually smear and attack when they knew different?

And this we know – those same Lefties and Bush Bashers won't bother to read the article or check out the links. They're too filled with hatred to ever want the truth.

BlindBoo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who'd have thunk?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/w...ght-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html

By C. J. CHIVERS and ERIC SCHMITTFEB. 15, 2015

Photo

United Nations workers prepared for the destruction of Iraqi nerve-agent weapons by sealing leaks in the rockets. CreditBritish Ministry of Defense
Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
Who'd have thunk after taking Iraq off the list of nations who support terrorist in 1982 and allowing our allies to sell them duel use technology. That and all the precursor chemicals and biological agents we allow them to purchase. Imagine that's all we find. Nothing new. No huge stockpiles, no new production facilities, nothing the Bush Administration claimed.

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
So, some con men picked up some old unusable rockets, filled them with whatever they could find, a few with a bit of nasty stuff, and sold them to daft Americans for lots of money. The real stuff would probably have either come from a lab, or maybe supplied by the CIA so they didn't look quite so stupid.

Exclusive CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran Foreign Policy
PS - You realize that you have contradicted yourself, don't you?

I

Indofred

PS - You realize that you have contradicted yourself, don't you?
Not at all.
I offered two possible suggestions as to the tiny amounts of Sarin.
I also mentioned the fact that, IN THE PAST, Iraq had chemical weapons, but these were gone well before the invasion.
As with many labs, including in the US, there may well be Sarin supplies for research.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List