NY States new mask mandate is idiotic

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
So now I have to wear a mask on the bus, on the subway, in my office (even sitting down at my desk) and any place I go to eat or shop that doesn't scan for vaccination cards......

Now I am officially sick of this shit. 8+ hours of being masked just to work for no reason other than a power hungry asshole governor trying to flex.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul imposes statewide mask mandate amid spread of omicron Covid variant

Anything that accelerates the decline of the blue states is a win for real America.

So now I have to wear a mask on the bus, on the subway, in my office (even sitting down at my desk) and any place I go to eat or shop that doesn't scan for vaccination cards......

Now I am officially sick of this shit. 8+ hours of being masked just to work for no reason other than a power hungry asshole governor trying to flex.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul imposes statewide mask mandate amid spread of omicron Covid variant
In WA, Inslee is trying to do some of that same shit. In my area of the state, the consensus is that "mandates are not law" and we just practice "social disobedience." I haven't worn a mask outside of a medical facility in nearly a year.

This is a prime example of the result of Americans' unwillingness to lift one violent countermeasure in response to creeping, sweeping modern tyranny. Americans used to know what to do in times such as these. Hint: it involved lots and lots of shedding of the blood of tyrants. Nowadays, however, Americans are content to allow the courts, lawyers, legislators and other such pantywaists to intervene on their behalf. See where that's gotten us? Yes indeed . . .

In WA, Inslee is trying to do some of that same shit. In my area of the state, the consensus is that "mandates are not law" and we just practice "social disobedience." I haven't worn a mask outside of a medical facility in nearly a year.
Yes, it is somewhat idiotic because it will create a furor by people who don't care whether the Covid is brought under control. It sucks to wear a mask, but I do.

Yes, it is somewhat idiotic because it will create a furor by people who don't care whether the Covid is brought under control. It sucks to wear a mask, but I do.

A mask indoors without sufficient air changes for 6+ hours is pointless. It's a badge of conformance, nothing more.

Especially when people are allowed to remove them to eat, or only use the same one for the whole work day, then wear the same mask on the subway.

Baaaaaaa

Mandates aren't laws. Place mask in pocket, display middle finger of each hand, and smile.

Thanks to the SCOTUS, you can't claim a religious exemption, which many antivaxers tried.

This is a prime example of the result of Americans' unwillingness to lift one violent countermeasure in response to creeping, sweeping modern tyranny. Americans used to know what to do in times such as these. Hint: it involved lots and lots of shedding of the blood of tyrants. Nowadays, however, Americans are content to allow the courts, lawyers, legislators and other such pantywaists to intervene on their behalf. See where that's gotten us? Yes indeed . . .
If anyone does anything, they need to be backed. It is difficult when they are sitting in prison and there is no relationship between the people who vote like them and their predicament. I do believe if some of the politicians were offed, the would have two choices. Stop what they are doing/leave or up the ante in vengeance back. Which tells you they know we are a totalitarian government. We are like a gulag in some areas of this nation. With draconian dictums on some things and no dictums on others.

The accidental Governor is a bigger weirdo than Cuomo.

Multiple County Health Departments have said that they will not enforce this stupidity.
Won't enforce it? Could you link that? That sounds interesting.

A mask indoors without sufficient air changes for 6+ hours is pointless. It's a badge of conformance, nothing more.

Especially when people are allowed to remove them to eat, or only use the same one for the whole work day, then wear the same mask on the subway.

Baaaaaaa
The mask exists to prevent spittle from getting on your face and the mask is a deterrent

Well the people of NY clearly want that as they elect the officials who impose these rules? I recommend moving.

The mask exists to prevent spittle from getting on your face and the mask is a deterrent

1639432970921.png

Thanks to the SCOTUS, you can't claim a religious exemption, which many antivaxers tried.

I am all for masks in the proper setting, buses, subways, stores. in places like offices you are there too long for them to matter, and in restaurants you take them off to eat nullifying the benefit.

Actually the masks are to prevent your spittle from escaping mostly, and the cloth ones aren't even good at that.

Unless you are wearing a properly fitted N95 or better mask less than 2 hours old or so, its pointless.

She’s showing that she’s as big a dictator as the last guy. Thankfully a few counties have said they won’t enforce this ridiculous mandate.

Forum List

Back